Can a yellow jacket queen sting?
A yellow jacket is a variety of wasp, and yes, the queen can sting.
12 people found this useful
Answer . Good am...No,yellow jackets do not die after they sting.They can sting repeatedly.Quite aggressive if their nest is disturbed.If stung 9 or more times seek medical attention,as some could have an allergic reaction to their sting.Bees only sting once and die!!!!
It is yellow at the tip and black around, it hurts a lot so be careful with them.Do not mess or pick at them or they might get infected or bigger. If you have a sting or think you might visit your local pharmacy and try to find some antibiotics, it will surely help.
Yellow jacket wasps STING... they have a small barbed stinger. They don't bite.
The very first thing to do is to ask if the person is allergic to bees, and if so, do they have an Epi-Pen. If they are allergic seek immediate medical attention (call 911), and administer the Epi-Pen, and 50 mg of Benadryl ASAP. If they are not, or do not know if they are allergic, proceed to next step. If the stinger (with or without the venom sack) is still in the wound, scrape with a credit card to remove. Try not to burst the venom sack. Immediately apply a paste of baking soda and water to the wound. Give the person Benadryl depending on age. Give a baby or very small child the pediatric dose recommended on the label. Older children (under 12) 25 mg. Adults (and children over 12) get 50 mg. Benadryl creme helps, but not as much as the pill. You can also administer a pain reliever/ anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen according to the dosage recommendations on the package. Keep the area elevated, and apply ice. Stings might continue to hurt for 24-48 hours but should gradually hurt less and less. Important: Immediately seek medical attention (call 911) if the person has trouble breathing, or feels like their tongue or neck is swelling, as this can indicate an allergic reaction. If the sting area gets very red, pain seems to get worse after 12 hours, or there is excessive localized swelling, contact your doctor, as this might indicate infection.
Cleaning, icing, and monitoring discomfort and swelling are remedies that treat yellow jacket stings. The stinger can be removed by scraping with a flat- or straight-edge surface -- such as a butter knife or credit card -- as long as venom is not released with accidental or deliberate pulls or squeezes. The priority is cleaning with soapy water and then alcohol or ammonia; minimizing pain and swelling with ice, immersions in Epsom salts, medications such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen, and remedies such as baking soda, meat tenderizer, salt or vinegar pastes; and monitoring for allergic reactions -- such as respiratory distress -- which demand epinephrine or 911.
Remove the stinger immediately from the wound by scraping a credit card, butter knife or other thin straight-edged object along the wound. After the stinger is removed, clean the wound with soap and water. Wrap some ice in a cloth or place in an ice pack and apply to the wound for ten minutes. After ten minutes, remove the ice for ten minutes. The ice should be applied in several ten minutes on-ten minutes off increments. There are some home remedies: - Dab ammonia directly on the wound. - Apply a paste of baking soda and water and wrap with a handkerchief and bandana. - Apply a poultice made of an enzyme based meat tenderizer and wrap with a handkerchief or bandana - Apply a paste made of activated charcoal and water and wrap with a handkerchief or bandana. - Apply a mudpack - clay soil and water mixed into a paste works best - and wrap with a handkerchief of bandana.
THEY STING. and it hurts... real bad (i just got stung by in IN MY SHOE)
Dogs are susceptible to stings from flying insects just as humans are. A dog that is allergic to a sting can experience anaphylactic shock if not treated quickly. Signs of anaphylactic shock can include swelling around the sting area, vomiting, wheezing or breathing very quickly, pale gums, and the dog will appear very weak.. Professionals recommend Benadryl in a very small dose can help your dog until you can get it to the emergency room. Remember your dog can overdose on Benadryl, so do not administer a dose as large as you would take. It would be best to get your dog to a veterinarian as soon as possible if they experience an allergic reaction to an insect sting.
No, yellow jackets can sting as much as they want before dying.
It is very possible for a yellow jacket to sting a person twice.The stinger does not get stuck in it's victim like a bee's.
They will sting at any time of year, if they feel threatened. However, they are generally more active in the summer, so you are more likely to run into a yellow jacket around August.
Yellow jackets sting
yes if you touch the stinger and the yellow jacket hasn't stung anyone else becasue once they sting someone or something their stinger wont grow back
after being stung by a yellow jacket immediately apply baking soda dampened with a little warm water over the affected area.
In most cases they will not, but you never know. If it gets too high you should see a doctor and mention the yellow jacket sting.
If Bowser does get stung, remove the stinger with tweezers, make a paste of baking soda, and apply it to the sting. Ice packs can also relieve swelling, and calamine lotion relieves itching. If the sting causes widespread swelling, call your veterinarian or emergency clinic.
Dur of course it does
Neither. With a pH of 6.8 to 6.9 it is very nearly neutral.
A yellow jacket (wasp) has lots (maybe infinite) stings until it dies.
My guess is yes...whether or not they can get through the thick feathers i am not sure!
No, they don't. They can sting again and again.
Immediately daub the stung area with Sting-Kill or meat tenderizer. After, you can ice the stung area to keep down the swelling.
A yellow jacket's stinger is not barbed like a honeybee. Therefore, the yellow jacket can sting repeatedly.
Because we tic them off