What would you like to do?

Can you get alimony after the divorce?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

It's possible to seek a modification of the divorce decree afterwards. You'll need to consult a lawyer who is familiar with the law in your state to get a definitive answer, though.
1 person found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

Can an illegal immigrant divorcing a US citizen claim alimony?

    Answer     No not an illegal immigrant but a legal one can.       *     If the couple were legally married the immigrant spouse can req

Separated for year can she get alimony in divorce Utah?

I am not totally sure what your question is but i think you are asking whether you wife ca get alimony for the year you were separated. You wife may be eligible for alimony (

If your spouse ask for a divorce on grounds of abandoment am I entitled to alimony?

If my spouse seeks a divorce, it has nothing to do with what you are entitled to. Alimony is a very fact specific determination. Whether or not you will be able to receive it

Can you file for more alimony after a divorce is final?

It depends on the circumstances but generally speaking, alimony cannot be added after the divorce is finalized, even where spousal support was not discussed at all in the sett

In pa how long after divorce can you file for alimony?

You can appeal but you would have to show the lower court erred in a ruling of law or your spouse committed fraud during the process. Generally once you agree to a divorce t

Does a person have to pay alimony if they don't want a divorce?

If alimony is appropriate given the circumstances of the marriage then the spouse will likely be required to pay alimony to his ex regardless of whether or not he or she wante

Can you file for alimony while divorce is going on?

No, not alimony. You should be able to file for temporary maintenance and support depending on the laws in your jurisdiction. You should consult with your attorney or an a