What would you like to do?

Can you get full custody of your 3 children if they have lived with you for 2 years without seeing their mother and now she wants custody and she lives in NC and you live in OH or how would joint work?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

When your ex stopped seeing the children is when you should have gotten full custody of the children. It depends on the judge. Some judges believe it's important to have both mother and father involved with their children. Here are a couple of things you could do: 1. Go to a lawyer and file for full custody 2. If you wife is a good woman, then consider joint custody. She could have the children on certain holidays, on their summer vacations from school. Since you have had the children for 2 years it will be difficult for the children to adjust as far as traveling to see their mother. If they are old enough to understand ask them how they feel about it. Too often parents are so embittered in their own relationships they forget that kids have feeling too. Good luck Marcy Obviously the mother is not a good mother if she hasn't seen the children. I have full custody of my 2 children and live in Ohio also. so I can tell you a little bit about the Ohio court system. My lawyer told me that usually if you are the first to fill for full custody....95% of the time you will get it. ....especially since she left 2 years ago.....that makes it very hard for her even if she has filed already.( My ex has not seen her children for over two years also ....I have had them for 7 yrs. and in that time she has seen them less than a total of a week.). The courts will move in your favor....but you need to act fast before she does....Also pursue child support....but don't expect them to do too much....my ex owes me over $10,000 in back support....she has been to court twice before about it...both times she just gets a slap on the wrist....I have given them her address and phone number and....yet it is as if they won't do anything because she is a woman....so move quickly.....
16 people found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

How can a father get custody of his 15-year-old son that does not want to live with his mother?

Answer . \nI would be very careful with this one. Young teenagers figure because they have household chores to do, homework, and a need to answer where they are going, wha

Can a 17-year-old live with his father if his mother has full custody?

depending where you live check your laws, you can consult with a family lawyer and your reasons can be presented in family court. consultion is usually free. good luck. Answ

If the father has had full custody for 9 years and now the child is 12 years old and wants to live with the mother can the mother gain full custody of the child and what type of petition does she need?

Answer . The length of time the father has custody does not equate as to the petition. \nThe custodial parent may keep custody, unless their is an agreement or cause to c

How can a father get custody of his 11-year-old son that does not want to live with his mother?

Father's custody? . Most chilcren of a divorce, live with their mother, although the world has changed, and some fathers have either simple or joined custody. Whatever the ar

Can your 16 year old son choose to live with his mother in Oklahoma if you have full custody?

It is typical in most states, that in the issue of custody, a child (or adolescent/minor) who is of 16 years of age or older can chose with which parental party they wish to r

If you are 16 and your dad has full custody and you want to live with your mom can you?

Is it a want or a need?? There may be extenuating circumstances and you need to talk to your dad about it. However, you should note that you have just a couple of years until

Child lives with mother who has joint custody but 15 year old child wants live with father?

u must go to the court and request a modification on the divorce terms to allow the child to live with the father. If the mother agrees it is easy. if the mother objects then
In Custody

Can a divorced mother with minor children have her partner live in her house without the consent of the children's father who has joint custody of the children in VA?

Yes, unless it's addressed in the order. Life goes on and parents need to adapt--no one parents the same, but there's the silver lining of having another person in your child'