What would you like to do?
Could amoebas live in the water of a swimming pool that's over 26 degrees and cause meningitis?
No, most pools in Arizona are about 32 degrees celsius or 89 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
How do you get rid of rust particles in your swimming pool from a heater causing cloudy yellow water?
First of all call a pool company! Are you sure that you don't have a "mustard" algae problem? The heater needs to be looked at and the only way to get rid of rust particles is… to vac to waste. You need to address the real problem because you don't want to swim in the pool the way it is. A pool company will test your water at a minimal cost and advise you for free. Rust deposits from your heater are possible if your heat exchanger is old and has glass lined headers. The glass installed by the manufacturer is starting to deteriorate and it is exposing the steel underneath. The rust swells and then breaks off.
Possibly. In some hot pools amoeba are a problem. They get washed into the pool with rain water. If your swimming pool is well maintained - chlorinated correctly - maybe amoeb…a won't be a problem.
If your pool water turns green after it is shocked with chlorine, it is too basic. Algae can thrive there now and it is green. Add pool acid (it may require several gallons) a…nd check the pH of the water frequently, adding more, if needed. If it gets too acidic, you can add some baking soda (which is basic) until you reach the desired pH - slightly below neutral. Neutral is pH7.0 answer : if you used well water you have metals in your pool take a test water sample to your pool dealer and have it checked for metals and he will advise what to do next
If no water is visible around pump/filter mechanism then there is a crack somewhere in the pool or pipes leading to and from pump/filter.
I have been wondering the same thing. My mother had bacterial meningitis at age 63. She had no symptoms of Parkinson's before the meningitis, but she woke up from the coma wit…h a tremor in her hand which was the first symptom. Nine years later, her Parkinson's has developed significantly.
Answer If you accidently swallowed some of the salt water. Unless the sanitary conditions were extremely poor you may not have gotten sick from the pool water. How…ever, on the other hand if you had something to eat that dat that did not agree with you - this may be your answer.
Neglect, poor filtration run times, lack of proper chemistry, lack of chlorine, high bather load, dogs in the pool, leaves and debris in the pool, etc, etc,etc,etc.
Your question is not clear. Assuming that you are smelling a strong chlorine smell near or around your pool would indicate that you do not have enough chlorine residual …in the pool. Test and adjust accordingly. You need 1.5 to 5.0 ppm chlorine level.
I would say no because the chlorine would kill it.
its not always the pool getting warmer. sometimes staying in water for a long period of time can cause you body to warm up.
A general answer for a very general question: shock, brush, vacuum, and algaecide.
You need to add chlorine. I doubt in the above answer that chlorine will clear up a "blue water" situation. BTW, is the water or the pool surface - floor, walls etc - blue - t…here is a huge difference. The blue affect on the plaster could mean a greatly out of balance chemistry - pH and Total Akalinity. Never heard of the water turning blue unless there was an additive put into the pool that would purposely turn the water blue. If you're asking about the pale blue colour of swimming pool water, it's because water absorbs light. Light that is visible to humans comprises the seven colours of the spectrum. The light at the red end of the spectrum gets absorbed, but the blue does not, hence you can see it in water of sufficient volume.
Clorine: Clorine forms a strong acid when mixed with H2O.
Pool water that has a higher concentration of COPPER will tend to turn light colored hair slightly green. The copper could be from a number of sources including: naturally… high copper content in your local water; high use of copper-based algaecides; high water pH; use of ionizers, etc. Some people believe that you can remove some oxidized metals from your hair by using shampoos which contain the chelating agent EDTA (ethylenediamene tetracetic acid). Others believe that Washing your hair in warm water containing dissolved aspirin will have a similar result. Personally, I cannot say if either of these suggestions will work or that they won't damage your hair further. I include them here for information only. I would advise you or the pool owner to monitor the amount of dissolved metals in the water and add a chelating agents to the pool to neutralize or remove metals from the water before they have a chance to be absorbed by your hair. ...