What would you like to do?
- In the Book, when Hannah goes back in time, she becomes Chaya. In the film her name is still Hannah
- In the book, Hannah has a brother named Aaron. But in the film, she is the only child.
- In the book, Hannah(as Chaya) meets Rivkah in the concentration camp. In the film, when Hannah just steps back in time, she meets Rivkah, who is her cousin, and her mother Mina
- In the book, the commadant's name is Bruer. In the film, it is Kreiger.
- Gitl, Tzipporoh, Rueven, Yitzchak, Fayge, Rachel, Yente, and Rosemary(Hannah's friend) are not in the movie.
- In the book, there is no seder in the womens barracks. But in the movie, in order to make Rivka feel better after her mothers death Hannah does a seder
- In the movie Hannah is old enough to drive and get a tatoo. In the book she is only 13.
3 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
very sad. base it off that.
Hannah Stern is at her grandparents house for a Seder dinner when she opens the door for the prophet Elijah and finds herself transferred to the 1940's with her Jewish …ancestors. That time was very bad for the Jews and she finds herself right in the middle of these hard times. Will she be able to escape back to present day New York, or will she be stuck in the past forever...
WWII time period 1940s.
When Chaya takes Rivka's place and marches off to her own death
Because it was Hitlers plan which is sort of like arithmetic and as you know Hitler is the devil *improvision by Shockcom51 in the book it says that each day someone dies 1 pe…rson + 1 + 1 and they call this devils arithmetic also they say counting the days they live and not knowing if tommorrow they will add another day or for how much longer they will continue this devils arithmetic
why is the devil's arithmetic a good book?
The theme is: the importance of remembering. At the beginning; Hannah refuses to remember, but at the end she is begging Rivka to remember for her. the theme of "The Devils At…rithmatic" is about the Holocaust
Shifre is a village girl and one of Chaya's friends.
Yes, there is. It is called The Devil's Arithmetic.
on amazon if ur willing to pay 12.99 for it. if not it may be on project free tv... think thats wat its called. but if ur doing something for school the movie is really nothin…g like the book so just man up and read the freakin book. its not even that long.
The genre of the book " The Devil's Arithmetic ", is Historical Fiction.
He had a pointy beard and carried a pitchfork around... oh, and he also had this 10 foot tail...
Hannah complanes about going to see her Aunt and Uncle. AT the sader they recite the 4 Questions. The badchain is at the wedding. They were gave very little food. They… all had work. There was a plan to escape. They bribed the guard. Theres a lot more this is just a little. Can sombody please say thank you so at least I know I helped..... ENJOY hope I helped.... If you need more just say more please.
Classic Books are generally books that have a good story line and are particularly important. Most classics are short and simple to read not saying that a classic may never b…e long. But basically classics have good plot and a simple storyline to follow but is not in any way a knock off. The Devil's Arithmetic fits all theses categories therefor it is deemed classic throughout the ages!
Hannah complains about going to see her Aunt and Uncle. AT the Seder they recite the 4 Questions. The badchain is at the wedding. They were gave very little food. They… all had work. There was a plan to escape. They bribed the guard. These are just a few of the similarities