What would you like to do?

Grammatical symbol for ends or end of page?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

The "end of proof" symbol or "halmos" is used by mathmeticians to mark the end of a mathematical proof. It appears as a solid (or sometimes open) box.
The halmos is called a "tombstone" by magazine writers who use it to mark the ends of magazine articles. It had been used by magazine editors and writers before it was adopted by mathmeticians.
See: http://home.att.net/~numericana/answer/symbol.htm#halmos
Unfortunately, it does not appear on the standard keyboard but is a part of the unicode and other character sets. It is often available (within some software programs) by typing special character sequences. Some writers have used // or [] as an attempt to replicate the box using only the standard keyboard characters.
Thanks for the feedback!

Do you put a period when a sentence ends with a percent symbol?

Yes because you need one plus you see it in a lot of other things like " total" the cereal has it on their box. 52 and 35 are the total %. See what I'm getting at?