What would you like to do?
How can you resolve the problem if you put chlorine in your swimming pool and it is too strong?
It is very unlikely for someone to experience chlorine poisoning by swimming, even in highly chlorinated pool water. Nonetheless, be sure to shower after swimming, because reg…ular, chlorinated pool water can easily irritate skin and hair.
Lowering Chlorine LevelsThere is a product called "After Shock-Chlorine Reducer" by Jack's Magic. This will quickly lower the chlorine level in your pool. Please refer to manu…facture for instructions on how to use with your swimming pool. Hope this helps!! While using Jack's Magic will work, it's mainly a marketing ploy to make you think you need a lot of special pool chemicals. Here's a cheaper method: Stop adding chlorine, and let the sun burn out the excess.
That depends on how much and what you are using rule of thumb I shock once a week using enough for 20,000 gallons and wait at least 12 hours so I try to put it in on Sunday ni…ght before bed so I know it will be ok by monday noon I also have an automatic chlorinator on the pool set to deliver a set amount at all time when filter is running which is allways during swimming season hope this helps.
Yes, chlorine is a toxic gas that was first used during the First World War as Chemical Weapon, commonly known as mustard gas. In swimming pools, chlorine reacts readily wit…h organic matter such as hair, skin, urine, debris to form organochlorines. These polluting and extremely toxic molecules are commonly known as disinfection byproducts or trihalomethanes (THMs) and are highly carcinogenic. Dose response experiments in animals have shown a direct correlation between the amount of THMs consumed and onset of cancer. The WHO (world health organization) has limited THMs in drinking water to 100 micrograms per litre. Most chlorine pools exceed this limit by up to 6-fold, mainly in the form of chloroform. In salt water chlorinated pools THM levels greater than 12-fold have been measured, mainly in the form of bromoform. So surprisingly salt water pools contain higher levels of THMs than chlorine pools. Chlorine and salt chlorinated pools also produce chloramines (that familiar chlorine smell). A recent scientific study showed a clear link between chloramine exposure and the onset of asthma and other allergies later in life. Best to avoid chlorine altogether and look for alternative 100% chlorine free systems to sanitise your pool.
To keep the swimming pools clean, so they don't get any nasty bacteria in them.
Chlorine is used to sanitize a swimming pool. When chlorine is added to water, another dissociation occurs. When we add Cl2 (chlorine) + H2O (water), we get a reac…tion which leaves us with HOCl (hypochlorous acid) + HCl (hydrochloric acid). Hypochlorous acid is the active, killing form of chlorine. This is what does the real sanitizing work. The chlorine molecule or ion kills microorganisms by slashing through the cell walls and destroying the inner enzymes, structures and processes. When this occurs, the cell has been deactivated, or oxidized. The hypochlorous molecule continues this slash & burn until it combines with a nitrogen or ammonia compound, becoming a chloramine, or it is broken down into its component atoms, becoming de-activated itself. (poolcenter.com)
Answer That depends on the levels, however with high levels of chlorine when the sun is shining, it can burn the skin. There would have to be extreme elevated l…evels for that to occur, but it is possible. The real problem would be getting it in your eyes. It's best to stay out of it, until levels have returned to normal range.
Answer After you "shock" a pool with chlorine (a large amount to potentially kill anything that has been growing in there - bacteria from human waste, algae...),… you should at least wait 24 hours if it is a small pool. If you can still smell a very strong odor from the chlorine, stay out longer. Larger pools with large filtration systems (such as public pools) usually 2-3 hours is good.
Yes; of course. However, the pool will not be as clean and sanitary as usual.
no you cant the chlorine in the water will agitate the affected area and last longer and out you through serious pain
The NSPF states that between 1-3 ppm of chlorine is safe to swim in. Through my own strudies, I actually reccomend 4ppm as a standard. Especially in public pools or soft-sided… above ground pools that lack proper circulation given the inferior, small cartrige filters. There are many ways around this. You can use a mineral purifier that uses both copper and silver. The silver acts as a suppliment to where you can use as little as .5 PPM of chlorine and do just fine. The copper acts as an algae preventative. Though there are more simple ways to go. Natural Chemistry makes a product called "Pool Perfect Plus Phos free" If you use this product on a weekly basis you can get away with using far less chlorine. Algae requires three main ingredients to grow. 1. Sunlight, (good luck keeping your pool in the dark all the time). 2. Water (this should be pretty self evident) 3. Phosfates (this is actually a controllable facet) If you remove all the Phosfates from a pool, algae can not grow. You then need to look at the effectiveness of the chlorine itself. pH is a huge factor in chlorine effectiveness. pH is a scale created by S.R.L Sorenson in 1909 to determine the corrosive ability of free standing liquid per liter. It is based on a negative intiger quanitity of equivalent grams of Hydrogen. If a liter of solution has .0000001 equivalent grams of hydrogen it then has a pH of 7.0 which is neutral. Chlorine works more efficiently the lower the pH. Preferably between 7.2 and 7.8. Any higher the chlorine loses it's capability as a sanitizer on an exponential level. Any lower the chlorine is litterally burned off by the acidity. The pH of the human skin and eyes is most comfortable at 7.5 for those seeking pool perfection. I have been in this field for two decades. I will stop now or I won't stop.
Dry skin. Bleached hair.
Answer Chlorine is the chemical most often used to keep swimming pools and Jacuzzis free of bacteria that can be hazardous to humans. Chlorine k…ills bacteria though a fairly simple chemical reaction. The chlorine solution you pour into the water breaks down into many different chemicals, including hypochlorous acid (HOCl) and hypochlorite ion (OCl-). Both kill microorganisms and bacteria by attacking the lipids in the cell walls and destroying the enzymes and structures inside the cell, rendering them oxidized and harmless. The difference between HOCl and OCl- is the speed at which they oxidize. Hypochlorous acid is able to oxidize the organisms in several seconds, while the hypochlorite ion may take up to 30 minutes. The levels of HOCl and OCl- vary with the pool's pH level. If the pH is too high, not enough HOCl is present and pool cleaning can take much longer than normal. Ideally, the level of pH in the pool should be between 7 and 8; 7.4 is ideal -- this is the pH of human tears. Once the HOCl and OCl- are done cleaning the pool, they either combine with another chemical, such as ammonia, or are broken down into single atoms. Both of these processes render the chlorine harmless. Sunlight speeds these processes up. You have to keep adding chlorine to the pool as it breaks down. While the bacteria-killing properties of chlorine are very useful, chlorine also has some side effects that can be annoying to humans, and possibly even hazardous. Chlorine has a very distinctive smell that most find unpleasant, and some find overwhelming. There is also the "itch factor" -- chlorine can cause certain skin types to become itchy and irritated. The hypochlorite ion causes many fabrics to fade quickly when not rinsed off immediately after exiting the pool. This is why your swimsuit looks faded and worn so early in the summer. Extremely high amounts of chlorine gas hovering above your pool can be hazardous to your breathing. Some companies have developed alternatives to chlorine, including other chemicals and ion generators. Some of these are good alternatives, but they don't achieve the cleanliness, oxidation levels or low price that chlorine provides.
carnivorous water Beatles. They will bite. Scoop them out with a net and crush them. They will go away by mid July.
Our state health department allows chlorine levels of 1.0-7 ppm. Most operators keep pools at 2-3 ppm.
to keep the water clean and kill germs
Just wait it out, the Ch level will come down. When you add Ch (Shock) you are spiking the Ch level and normal conditions use Ch and lower the concentration. Unless you put so… much in that it is having detrimental effects, you shouldn't worry. Be sure the Ph is in balance. If the Ph or Alkalinity is out of tolerence, you may have long term problems, like corrosion of tubing in the heater. Good luck There should not be a major problem unless the chlor level is above 10.0 ppm.