How do you deal with ex-husband and step mother whom have custody who continue to emotionally abuse your child and make you as the mom look bad to the point that your child hates you?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

you can file for custody with the court citing parental alienation, alienation of affection, and/or a significant change in home life circumstances.
You can also place the child into therapy during your visitation times or send a letter (return receipt) to their school requesting they undergo an "IEP/504 plan evaluation" for psychological reasons. (IEP stands for individualized education plan) they will have a meeting which they must invite the requesting parent and you can discuss what is going on directly with the school. You can also ask the school to have the meeting first with your husband and interested parties and secondly with you so that you and interested parties so that you may defend yourself.

You can call Child Protective Services and report anonymously that they are emotionally abusing the children (parental alienation IS abuse!) CPS cannot BY LAW report to the parent with custody who has turned them in.

No matter what you do you need to document, document, document! I always advise my clients to get one of those black/white composition notebooks (with the pages sewn in) and document every phone call, comment, visitation interference, etc in it date and time and to use that notebook ONLY for documentation. The reason I advise this kind of notebook is that you can tell if any pages have been removed. If they call from a different number put that number in the book. Whether you go to CPS, an IEP meeting, or a custody trial your documentation is what will save you and help you to prove your case.

If possible you can record conversations with your ex and/or your children HOWEVER please look at your states laws before you turn them over to the court system. In some states it only requires that one party have knowledge of the recording for it to be legal (that one person would be you). Some states say that as long as "a parent" (not which one) is aware of the recording you can submit it to court. Any messages left on a voice mail or answering machine are completely admissable in court. It was ruled that while leaving a message on an electronic device (including email) you have no reasonable expectation to privacy as anyone may intercept that phone message or email.

Try and do as much written documentation as possible, ie email, text, or leave messages (you are recording) for the other parent instead of calling so that their response is documented in writing. If you have left a message or question you know is going to set them off consider sending them to voicemail instead of answering so that the message is admissable in court. Some cell phones have a download option whereas you can send any/all/specific texts directly to your email account and then print them out.

It is also VERY important that you remember to NEVER bash the other parent. As hard as this may be hold your tongue. I promise you that as your children grow they will learn for themselves that they were being poisioned against you; it may be years but it is critical that they learn/realize for themselves that you aren't who they say you are or they will end up resenting you. You should also keep copies of the documentation you are making so that when they are adults, IF they ask (and only if they ask or accuse you of not trying) you can pull it out and show them that they are wrong.
11 people found this useful

Is it common for a verbally emotionally abusive parent to continue to abuse after the child becomes an adult?

yes it is they dont know how to break the cycle. Answer . That's very true. At times, they may not even recognize their actions for what they really are. Other times, the

What will make a child hate his mother?

Some mothers may hurt there children by mean comments and punishing there children unfairly. They may not let the child have something special to them or let siblings hurt the

What can be done if dad has custody and stepmom is emotionally and physically abusing your child?

You can call Children`s services and file an abuse report. Keep in mind that both parents will be contacted about the alleged abuse. Pictures may be taken and the child may be

How do you deal with emotionally abusive husband?

The short answer is that you don't--you leave because his treatment of you is so contrary to the relationship you deserve. You find people who will advise and support you as y

How does a non abusive parent deal with an abused child once they are rewarded full custody?

depends on the age of the child....if they are old enough to talk and listen then let them talk to you and let them know you are always there for them....ask them if theres an

How do you deal with an emotionally abusive mother?

I have an emotionally abusive mother and it's not healthy to be around her. You should try and move out, tell family and very close family friends how your mother is treating

How can the father of a child get custody from an abusive mother?

Yes. The court can order it. Or child services can take the child from the abusive parent (by court order) and the other parent can file for custody. But it won't happen "out

How is abuse affecting the child emotionally?

A child that is abused usually blames themselves for the abuse, which can lead to them having extremley low self-esteem and loathing themselves. What may occur then is suicide

What happens to a child when they get emotionally abused?

When I was younger my sister used to hit me everyday I came home from school. She would call me stupid fat and ugly and I did absolutely nothing to make her want to do this. A

In California if a non-custodial mother remarries and becomes a stay-at-home mom to a new baby and step children will the courts still make her responsible for full child support?

If the non-custodial mother was responsible for full child support before remarrying, that responsibility will continue until the court says otherwise. The court will consider

How is the child affected emotionally after child abuse?

well one of my best friends was abused so i know a little from experience a little from other stuff . my friend to this day can not have anything around her neck including
In Custody

How do you get custody of your child who has been abused by her mother?

If you believe your child is being abused then you should have already reported it to the local child protective services agency. You should visit the court with jurisdiction