What would you like to do?

If you have primary physical custody of your daughter but joint legal custody with her father do you need permission from the court or him to move her to a different state?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

Yes. You cannot make any move that would interfere with her father's visitation and custodial rights.

Generally when the parent of a minor child wishes to move out of state or to a location where the distance would affect the visitation and custodial rights of the other parent, that parent must seek the approval of the other parent and should obtain an order from the court granting them permission to relocate the child. The existing orders would need to be modified.

Your first step should be to try to work out some new arrangement with the other parent and seek his cooperation. The court will look favorably upon an agreement reached between the parties and will likely approve it. If the parent's cannot agree the judge will hear testimony and render a decision that is in the best interest of the child.

In any case, you cannot ignore the current court order for custody and visitations. It must be modified.
Thanks for the feedback!
In most states you do. There are forms you can find online and have both the father and the mother sign them in front of a notary. I have done it in my case just as a safety measure.
36 people found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

You have joint legal custody and primary residential custody and the father is allowed reasonable visitation can you move out of state?

  Answer   If it is in in the Indian context, then you will have to take permission from the court to take the child out of the State. Remember that the father has v

If you have primary physical custody and joint legal custody do you have move rights then the parent that does not have physical custody when it comes to the best interest of the child?

Answer . yes and no. joint legal basically means the other parent can get any and all legal info on the child such as medical records, school records and of course anythin

You have full physical custody of your daughter and you have joint legal custody can you move out of state without his permission?

No If by moving the party means a move within the jurisdiction of the court that mandated the custodial order, then yes, you may relocate. If the question refers to relocating
In Custody

We have joint legal custody but the father has primary physical custody. Does he have to provide the child's address?

Of course, unless the other parent to the child or previous spouse is not restricted in any way (such as abuse in any form). Both parents have a right to know where the chil