What would you like to do?

If you lost your bankruptcy discharge papers how do you get another copy?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .


Contact the clerk or administrator of the court where the bankruptcy was discharged or you can visit pacer.gov for your records. Or if your in a hurry you can go to one of the online retrieval services if you live out of the state you filed in. There are several good ones. The cost is minimal and you can usually get them back via email within a couple of hours. The one I have used in the past is www.bankruptcy-records.us they have a phone number to talk with a live person to check the availability of your records before you order them. Super friendly
+ 107 others found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

Where can you get a copy of your bankruptcy?

  www.OldBankruptcyPapers.com is an excellent place to get your bankruptcy records online. They are fast, and cheap! They also have some good free information about what t

How do you get copy of DD214 Marine Discharge Papers?

See the related link below. Click the link and follow thedirections.

Is an SBA Loan discharged in bankruptcy?

It depends what kind of bankruptcy you are talking about. Most individuals file for chapter 7, so I'll assume you are talking about Ch 7. In the vast majority of those cases,

How long after filing bankruptcy is it discharged?

After you go to court and meet with the bankruptcy trustees, it should only take about 60-90 days to discharge all debts. You have to take the pre-discharge debt managemnt cla

When is a chapter 13 bankruptcy discharged?

Chapter 13 bankruptcy involves filing a plan with the bankruptcy court suggesting how you will repay your debt. Some debts must be repaid in full while others require only a p

Can a discharged bankruptcy be reopened?

Answer   Yes, for some reasons. You have to file a Motion to Reopen and pay the court the reopen fee which is currently $260 as of 5/12/07, plus whatever your attorney ch

How long does it take for a bankruptcy to be discharged?

  Answer     About 4 to 6 months. I think it depends on the courts case load. Any change in circumstance may prolong the action. For instance, an amended petitio

How can you find out if your bankruptcy has been discharged?

  Answer     One way would be to go in person and checking with the local courthouse in the city/state in which it was filed. Another would be to order a copy o

What can be discharged in a bankruptcy?

After a bankruptcy order is made the official receiver becomes the receiver and manager of the bankrupt's estate. The estate is administered by a trustee in bankruptcy who may

What does 'no lost time or lost time AW 107' mean on discharge papers?

 Answer   According to "The Articles of War - Annotated" (5th Edition 1949) by Lee Tillotson: ARTICLE 107, Soldiers To Make Good Time Lost: Every soldier who in an exis

What can be discharged in bankruptcy?

It's probably easier to list what can't be discharged. In the two types of personal bankruptcy here is a list of what cannot be discharged: In a Chapter 7 case, the most comm

How do creditors report your bankruptcy discharge?

The creditor reports to the credit reporting bureau(s) they belong to that the debt has been listed in a bankruptcy in which a discharge has been granted. Strictly speaking,