What would you like to do?
In dogs short hair is dominant over long hair. Two short haired dogs are the parents of a litter of eight puppies. Six puppies have short hair and two have long hair. What are the genotypes of parents?
Well, it really depends. You have to look at their pedigree and find out if anyone in their family has long hair. Such as the grandpa or grandma. 2 short hair dachsunds had 4 puppies. 3 were short haired and one was long. Their next litter was 2:2 and their last litter was 2:2 again. The dads parents both had long hair.
2 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Two short haired guinea pigs are mated several times out of 100 offspring 25 of them have long hair what are the probable genotypes of the parents?
It's obvious from this problem that short hair is dominant in guinea pigs. In that case, if we have 25 out of 100 offspring that have long hair, then there is no doubt that th…e parents are heterozygous for short hair. If you use the punnet square, and hypothesize that both parents are heterozygous for short hair and long hair, you will get a 25% chance that the offspring will be long haired. So, the answer to this problem is that both parents are heterozygous. Let H = short hair and h = long hair. Hh dam x Hh sire gives us, according to the Punnet Square: 25% HH 50% Hh 25% hh
im pretty sure they are born with atleast an inch longer hair as a puppy. im pretty sure they are born with atleast an inch longer hair as a puppy
They have long hair, but because they are crossed with the poodle, they shed very little. Below is an article on the breed and upkeep.
It doesn't matter, because some short hair is prettier than long hair and some long hair is prettier than short hair.
They are both beautiful. If you are looking to cut your hair, I wouldn't go as short as a Pixie cut, but it's still good. Don't go to long, because then it gets really hard to… manage. I would say middle back is best, but do what you want to.
In guinea pigs short hair is dominant over long hairTwo short haired guinea pigs are mated several times Out of 100 offspring 25 of them have long hair What are the genotypes of the two parents?
the babys should have short hair with long starands or patches on the rump with long hair.
Its a diffferent answer for different poeple. For example, I think long hair is better. My friend says short hair is. well people are different they like different things but …medium hair is better instead of fighting over short hair and long hair. personally, i like shoulder length hair best.
it depends whaever you like best. its your personal choice
depends. shoulder length hair, as it isn't too short to look too weird and it isn't too long to have a hassle to brush.
A long haired hamster is mated with a short haired hamster Half of the offspring are long haired and half are short haired What does this concludes about the long hair parent hamster?
It concludes there was a shorthaired hamster somewhere in its lineage. Hamsters' hair length is controlled by genes, and they call the results of the genes "traits." It recei…ves one from each of its parents. Let's use an H to signify the genes--a capital H for longhair, a small h for shorthair. There are three possible outcomes when you breed two hamsters: the babies will receive two longhair genes, two shorthair genes, or one longhair and one shorthair gene--or in genetics parlance, they can be HH, Hh or hh. The gene for long hair is dominant--if the hamster receives at least one longhair gene, it will be a longhair hamster. Short hair is a recessive trait--it needs to receive two shorthair genes to be shorthaired. (I know what you're thinking: what if an animal receives two dominant genes? In that case, not only will the hamster be longhaired, but all of its children will be longhaired because, no matter what, it will pass on a longhaired gene.) In this case, we've got a hamster that had, say, four babies. Two of them are longhaired, two shorthaired. The longhairs are easy to understand--longhaired parent, longhaired babies. The shorthairs mean the longhair had a shorthair gene to pass on, which means that somewhere in this hamster's lineage there was a shorthaired hamster. And that doesn't necessarily mean its mother or father was shorthaired--it's great, great, great, great grandma, six generations removed, could have been shorthaired. It had always been bred longhair x longhair so the gene didn't get a chance to express itself, but when you threw this shorthair into the mix, an animal with two shorthair genes (if it had a longhair gene it would have been a longhair), the recessive shorthair gene finally got a chance to express itself. Now here's the fun part: if you breed two Hh hamsters, you have a 25 percent chance of producing an hh shorthaired one.
Two cats are mated one of the parent cats is long haired the resulting litter contains two short haired and three long haired kittens what does the second parent look like and what is its genotype?
the second parent is hytrozygous lng hair
it depends what thing you do ? if you do a lot of sport then you may want short hair and long hair usely can get head lice but can be treated hope this was any help and what w…ould you prefer long or short and short is easier to keep cleen and healthy
Well with all the art I have seen of Aphrodite she has long hair.