What would you like to do?
- 130 lbs is perfectly normal. You will stretch out over the years. I was 200 lbs and 5'3 in Dec. of '94 when I was 12. Because of problems caused by the obesity, I walked 4 out of 7 days and ate right. (6 meals a day alternating with foods from each food group, 1 serving being the size of your palm, accompanied by 4 Liters of water daily). By keeping this routine, I was able to lose 70 lbs in 7 months. By the start of the next school year I was your weight and 5'4. You are perfectly within your range, and don't ever let somebody tell you otherwise. Super skinny is not beautiful.
- If you ever think that you need to lose weight never try to lose weight "fast". When anyone gains weight, it goes on slowly over time, slowly stretching your skin. People who lose weight very quickly, end up with sagging wrinkled skin. Anyone who wants to lose weight needs to decrease the calories they consume, and increase the calories that they burn, by increasing their activity; walking instead of riding, bike, hike, play outside instead of in front of the T.V. or on the computer. Exercise not only burns calories, but also firms and tones your muscles. It really is quite a simple equation: CONSUME LESS==BURN MORE; works every time! HOWEVER, at your age you DON'T need to lose weight. You are perfectly fine. And don't forget, you are still growing.
- 12 years old is not an age where you need to lose weight. It sounds like you're perfectly fine, and unless your doctor mentions something, you're going to be okay.
- My cousin is a nutritionist and unless you are extremely athletic then you are alright.
- I am a personal trainer and you weight is perfectly within normal limits. People are built differently and therefore, you will weigh differently at the same ages. My sister and I were 30 pounds apart at the same age. One of us was very slender with little muscle and the other was very athletic and muscular. We both looked fantastic! You are perfectly within normal limits. As you hit your late teens, you will more than likely thin out even more. Muscle does play a factor in how much you weigh. Some folks are so muscular that their weight actually puts them in a category of obesity, even though they are very much in shape. I would suggest making a lifestyle plan for yourself now...get a good start on it. Be smart about your food choices, portion sizes, and physical activity. If you start this habit now, it will follow you through life. Whatever you do, don't let other people tell you how to feel about yourself and definitely don't do anything desperate to lose weight. Nothing is worth the tole it takes on your body.
32 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Been there hon, and have been 130lbs for 10 years now. The answer is simple. Move!!! Burn more calories than you take in. So, make yourself very busy so that you are not sitti…ng around bored and eating because there is nothing better to do. It is hard to exercise when you are big, so walk- a couple miles or an hour a day- every day. You can eat whatever you want in moderation. Learn what a normal portion is. Try to keep your diet balanced. It took me a year and a half to lose 80 lbs. But, I have kept it off for 10 years. This is after battling my weight for 20 years! Excess weight for most people is due to their lifestyle. Change yours, and the benefits/results will come. For more information, see the page links, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
Answer EVERY PERSON WILL LOSE A DIFFERENT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT BECAUSE EACH PERSON'S BODY RESPONDS DIFFERENTLY TO DIFFERENT STRESSORS. Not as much weight as she'll gai…n back once she stops starving herself. When you fast, your body compensates by slowing down its metabolism in order to conserve energy. This will continue for some time even after you begin eating again. I have heard that but the funny thing is I am 20 years old 5'9 and used to weight 190 and I went into depression and didn't eat a whole lot and I lost 45 lbs and kept it off for a year and a half and i ate anything and everything and I am just barely gaining it back now and only like 15 lbs.... but like you said everybodys body is different I just know mine didnt go into starvation mode. Not that I am saying you should do that it wasn't a good idea and there are a lot of healthier ways to losing weight. I suggest weight watchers. That is really good and it really does become a way of life. You start to look at everything as points.
eat healthy food always do exercise avoid eating sweets
Yes it is normal i am also 12 5'6 and 130 pounds ;) haha but dont feel fat at all it is perfectly normal
I'm 13 aswell and I'm 5'9 and I weigh 122 but I'm not sure if I'm underweight I hope this was helpfull also , as long as you are happy with your self-image that's really a…ll that matters if you look in the mirror and feel fat, then you know you should try lose weight but as your only 13, we are both going through a tough time at the moment so don't go on a crazy diet cause you could totally wreck your body. Seems pretty shapely to me. Very normal. In fact, I'm also 13, 5' 7 and weigh 130 lbs. :) As long as you're happy, you shouldn't worry at ALL because your fine.
Yes and no. It depends o the girls body type, and how athletic she is.
I am a 12-year-old girl and am 5'3" and i weigh 120 and my BMI is a 21.3. You should probably lose between 10-20 pounds. DRINK AS MUCH WATER IN A DAY AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN…. It shrinks ur tummy!!! Belieive me--I drink a lot of water in a day and my waistline is 33 inches. :D
That's how much I weigh and I'm a really active 14 year old girl.
don't be so stupid about awnswering this question!!!! Not everybody can get out there and exercise without hurting themselfs to the point of a hospital visit. to much exercise… on someone that big will KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!! so if you answer this question, answer it reasonably and don't be an idiot!!
id hate to say this but that is a little chubby for a 13 year old. there is no fast way to lose weight as long as u r healthy and good to go ur fine. you should eat… all the healthy foods and drink plenty of water and green tea and make sure u do a variety of exercises. confront your doctor about how much you need to eat and how much exercise you need to do. sometimes it doesnt matter how much u weigh as long as u r healthy and living.
I am 15 and weigh 130 pounds and am 5'4 i exercise 5 days a wk for 2 hrs i eat 3 meals all normal portions but I cannot lose weight why?
If you're exercising that much, you've probably got a fairly muscular build. At 5'4" and 130 pounds, you have a BMI of 22.3, which is smack-dab in the middle… of the healthy range. Since you have a muscular build, you should ideally weigh a little more than what you do, for optimum health. The best way to lose weight is to choose skinny grandparents. Genetics pay a big role in how fat or skinny you are. Oh, but you're already 15. It's kinda late to be choosing different grandparents at this point. At age 15, your body is developing its reproductive system, and that's highly dependent on sexual hormones, which are chemically very similar to cholesterol - they're fats. Trying to lose weight at this point in your life could cause lifelong health complications.
A great way to do so is to swim you don't really feel like you are working out because you are too busy having fun. However, it will help you lose weight. * Do cardio exe…rcise and in addition eliminate refined (processed) carbohydrates from your diet. For more information about how to do this, see the page links, further down this page, listed under Related Questions. Those pages will help to guide you through a program of dietary changes and exercise that can work well for you. Print the pages out if you wish to and use them for future reference. If you cannot find all the information you need through those pages, please feel free to ask further questions. Before you make any dietary or exercise changes, first seek the approval of your physician/doctor and get the support of your family if possible.
umm exercise and don't eat so much fatty and sugary foods...
yes, this is a very healthy weight
What is a good diet for a fourteen year old girl that needs to lose weight I'm about 130 pounds and feel over weight?
Depending on your height, you may be a healthy weight. You should check your BMI (Body Mass Index) and it will tell you a healthy weight for your height. As for a diet, you sh…ould consult a doctor.
to my opionion your not even fat or in a big size your normal for your age but if you really want to loose weight to 120?? or 115 iono what lbs but is very easy for you . just… do excercises ,drink more water,and yourll acheive it fast
"Can" a 130 pound 12 year old lose weight, yes, but the question is "should" a 130 pound 12 year old lose weight. The answer to that depends on your height and build as well. …It would be good to consult a physician if you are concerned about being over weight. They can also give you ideas on how best to lose weight for your age if losing weight is appropriate. Good luck.