What would you like to do?
Is 130 pounds a normal weight for a 5' 3 12-year-old girl and how can you lose weight fast?
- 130 lbs is perfectly normal. You will stretch out over the years. I was 200 lbs and 5'3 in Dec. of '94 when I was 12. Because of problems caused by the obesity, I walked 4 out of 7 days and ate right. (6 meals a day alternating with foods from each food group, 1 serving being the size of your palm, accompanied by 4 Liters of water daily). By keeping this routine, I was able to lose 70 lbs in 7 months. By the start of the next school year I was your weight and 5'4. You are perfectly within your range, and don't ever let somebody tell you otherwise. Super skinny is not beautiful.
- If you ever think that you need to lose weight never try to lose weight "fast". When anyone gains weight, it goes on slowly over time, slowly stretching your skin. People who lose weight very quickly, end up with sagging wrinkled skin. Anyone who wants to lose weight needs to decrease the calories they consume, and increase the calories that they burn, by increasing their activity; walking instead of riding, bike, hike, play outside instead of in front of the T.V. or on the computer. Exercise not only burns calories, but also firms and tones your muscles. It really is quite a simple equation: CONSUME LESS==BURN MORE; works every time! HOWEVER, at your age you DON'T need to lose weight. You are perfectly fine. And don't forget, you are still growing.
- 12 years old is not an age where you need to lose weight. It sounds like you're perfectly fine, and unless your doctor mentions something, you're going to be okay.
- My cousin is a nutritionist and unless you are extremely athletic then you are alright.
- I am a personal trainer and you weight is perfectly within normal limits. People are built differently and therefore, you will weigh differently at the same ages. My sister and I were 30 pounds apart at the same age. One of us was very slender with little muscle and the other was very athletic and muscular. We both looked fantastic! You are perfectly within normal limits. As you hit your late teens, you will more than likely thin out even more. Muscle does play a factor in how much you weigh. Some folks are so muscular that their weight actually puts them in a category of obesity, even though they are very much in shape. I would suggest making a lifestyle plan for yourself now...get a good start on it. Be smart about your food choices, portion sizes, and physical activity. If you start this habit now, it will follow you through life. Whatever you do, don't let other people tell you how to feel about yourself and definitely don't do anything desperate to lose weight. Nothing is worth the tole it takes on your body.
32 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
It is just very important that 130 - 135 lbs girls get enough excersise and eat healthy
yes your fine just as long you play sports.
thats exactly the same i am a heathy weight for 5'3 is 105-120 pounds depending on bone and water weight
It is normal. You would have a healthy BMI.
I would say, first of all, cut out the sugar. Ask your mother if she could buy you sugar free products. Usually these products are still sweet, they're just made with an artif…icial sweetener. Then I would suggest drinking water instead of high calorie sodas or koolaid. Drink fat free milk instead of whole milk. Watch the amount of food you're eatting (the portion size). Make sure that you eat dinner about 3-4 hours before you go to bed, and do not snack before you go to sleep, That's a no no. Try not to eat any desserts, they are usually extrememly high in fat calories. So, in a nut shell: Eat smaller portions, Drink water or flavored water, Don't eat past 4-5pm, Cut out as many sugars as possible.
Is 130 pounds a normal weight for a 12-year-old girl who is 5'1 and how can you lose the weight quickly?
Sorry to break the news, but at age 12 you should be around 110-120 pounds, obviously depending on your height, but of course your height matches what I am talking about. Work… on losing weight in safe ways. Like, exercising perhaps. Take your dog out for a walk. If you don't have a dog, do some crunches in the morning to scalp your abdominal shape. Then, boost leg muscle by taking a jog around the block or bicycling daily. You should be getting exercise at least 5 days a week. Never eat and then exercise right after, and don't exercise on an empty stomach either. Eat a healthy bowl of cereal or some fruits or veggies before exercising. Look forward to exercising and don't ever see it as a punishment. You can exercise with a sibling, parent, or even friend.. Also, a healthy diet is important. Write down what you eat and drink daily. Eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia are tragic, and affect everyone around you- please don't turn to that.. You are definitely NOT obese or fat, or on a "diet." You are simply watching yourself.. What you must do is lose 1 or 2 pounds a week. No less and if more it CANNOT be like 5 pounds a week- that means you might be dealing with malnutrition, which is a terrible condition.. I study healthy ways in school, and I am sure you do too. Losing weight takes patience. If you want, try losing weight with a good buddy. A bad buddy will tell you mean things, so don't ask them, "Am I fat?" cause you're are not. You are around the average weight but are trying to watch yourself.. I believe you should lose up to 15 pounds, no more. Then, keep your steady diet with steady portions and you will be fit. You will have cravings during this period of time, but if you must spoil yourself do not finish the serving size, fruits are the best, and there are even some good tasting yogurts or jellos that help during weight loss!. GOOD LUCK!. I'm 11 years old 5'1 i weigh 105 pounds is that's OK or 2 fat like the last person said just go for a run or walk the dog in the morning and at night. well i give u lots of luck Abs's
Yes it is normal i am also 12 5'6 and 130 pounds ;) haha but dont feel fat at all it is perfectly normal
I'm 13 aswell and I'm 5'9 and I weigh 122 but I'm not sure if I'm underweight I hope this was helpfull also , as long as you are happy with your self-image that's really …all that matters if you look in the mirror and feel fat, then you know you should try lose weight but as your only 13, we are both going through a tough time at the moment so don't go on a crazy diet cause you could totally wreck your body. Seems pretty shapely to me. Very normal. In fact, I'm also 13, 5' 7 and weigh 130 lbs. :) As long as you're happy, you shouldn't worry at ALL because your fine.
If you are 130 pounds and 5' 6 you do not need to lose weight. Body weight is a misleading measure. Since people have different builds, different people of the same height and… sex can have the same percentage of body fat and yet have different body weights.. For more information, see the page link, further down this page, listed under "Related Links."
Yes and no. It depends o the girls body type, and how athletic she is.
I am a 12-year-old girl and am 5'3" and i weigh 120 and my BMI is a 21.3. You should probably lose between 10-20 pounds. DRINK AS MUCH WATER IN A DAY AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. It s…hrinks ur tummy!!! Belieive me--I drink a lot of water in a day and my waistline is 33 inches. :D
That's how much I weigh and I'm a really active 14 year old girl.
id hate to say this but that is a little chubby for a 13 year old.. there is no fast way to lose weight as long as u r healthy and good to go ur fine. you should eat all the …healthy foods and drink plenty of water and green tea and make sure u do a variety of exercises. confront your doctor about how much you need to eat and how much exercise you need to do.. sometimes it doesnt matter how much u weigh as long as u r healthy and living.
I am 15 and weigh 130 pounds and am 5'4 i exercise 5 days a wk for 2 hrs i eat 3 meals all normal portions but I cannot lose weight why?
If you're exercising that much, you've probably got a fairly muscular build. \n. \nAt 5'4" and 130 pounds, you have a BMI of 22.3, which is smack-dab in the middle of the hea…lthy range. Since you have a muscular build, you should ideally weigh a little more than what you do, for optimum health. \n. \nThe best way to lose weight is to choose skinny grandparents. Genetics pay a big role in how fat or skinny you are. Oh, but you're already 15. It's kinda late to be choosing different grandparents at this point. \n. \nAt age 15, your body is developing its reproductive system, and that's highly dependent on sexual hormones, which are chemically very similar to cholesterol - they're fats. Trying to lose weight at this point in your life could cause lifelong health complications.
umm exercise and don't eat so much fatty and sugary foods...
yes, this is a very healthy weight
to my opionion your not even fat or in a big size your normal for your age but if you really want to loose weight to 120?? or 115 iono what lbs but is very easy for you . just… do excercises ,drink more water,and yourll acheive it fast