Is homework pointless?
Advantages of homework
- You don't have to wait for everybody in the classroom to do everything themselves, but you can do work at home at your own speed.
- You can practice what you learned or practice the skills that you learned inside of school that day.
- You don't have to stay in school long enough for the teacher to go over every single thing (which would take two or three times as long as if you had homework).
- Homework is a review of what you learned in school that week: It is 51% pointless, and 49% important.
- Homework doesn't help with anything, and yes it is pointless!
- Yes, because if you went over it in class you should know it.
- No, homework is not pointless. Homework may seem like a waste of time in elementary and middle school, but in high school, it is very important to memorizing things, especially in math and science.
- Homework is meant to help you practice the things that you will need in a later time. Just like you have to practice to be good at sports or music or art, you have to practice to be good at using your brain! Even if you don't think something is important, the teachers know that you will either need that information after you graduate, or you will need to know the mental process that you have learned while doing that work.
For example, you do lots of work where you have to read something and summarize it, or pick out the important things. This teaches you to understand what you read, which is important for things like understanding your job, figuring out how to put things together and work them, knowing what to do if you have a problem, etc. Math is important in figuring out your budget so that you don't run out of money, and making sure that you are not cheated when you get paid for something or when you buy something.
- Depends on the homework. Some of it is pointless, some of it is practice and you won't pass the class if you don't finish it. Trouble is, it doesn't matter if the homework is pointless or not, you still have to do it to pass. So just do it and get it over with.
- Although we don't like doing it, it is important to do homework in order to reinforce what we have learned and to find out what things we are not so sure about. Homework is practicing. Athletes have to practice and train when they are not actually competing. Homework is doing the same thing. To practice what you learn, you need to do homework. It is not much fun, but it is important to do it for your education. Education is one of the most important things you need.
- It's the practice that your teacher thinks you need in order to master the subject matter or the process that he or she is responsible for teaching you. It is also a way of checking on each student's progress long before test time. And it's a way of proving that you did the work, just in case later on someone thinks you didn't.
Some of it is interesting, some of it is exciting, and some of it is actually fun. Besides, it exposes you to things you might be good at but aren't going to find out about by doing nothing.
Unless you are very rich or stand to inherit a lot of money so you never have to work, your time in school is probably the last time you are going to spend most or all of your time on nothing but yourself. That's what school is. It isn't for your teachers, who already know the subject, and it isn't doing much for your parents. It's all about you, giving you the knowledge that your culture has agreed you need in order to take care of yourself and contribute to society. (Of course, it's also designed to turn out good little citizens and deliver a supply of workers to the workforce.)
- After school, you are going to be expected to spend an awful lot of time doing what somebody else wants, for somebody else's profit or benefit, which is what a job is. So if you're smart, you'll get all you can out of school and give yourself the greatest possible number of options for afterward. Use school to open doors, not close them.
- The point of everything you study isn't necessarily obvious while you're studying it, and it is not necessarily useful. Usefulness isn't everything. Some of the best things in life aren't useful in any practical sense. Take music, for example. Utility is not the same thing as value. The value of what you learn is not just for your work but for your life.
- Homework helps teach responsibility and work ethics. It is important because it teaches you self-motivation and focus. It is designed to make you do your own work, outside of a normal learning environment on your own, out of your own free will. Which is why kids hate it so much. We go to school to do that, why do we have to do it at home as well?
- Although it helps review lessons learned earlier that day or week, or chapter, etc., it is mainly targeted towards work productivity and responsibility. As children and young adults, a lot of the time we cannot grasp the intentions or meanings of homework (thinking it's pointless and the teachers just hate us), but really, it helps us exercise focus, problem-solving, productivity, accountability, time management, and responsibility that will help us as adults, facing work and everyday tasks.
- Homework is boring, and especially when you have to do it in Welsh.
- It is good because it makes us understand what we learn in school.
- Homework is not pointless, but in some cases it is. It isn't because you can go over what you have learned and the more you do it the more you know it and can review it. On the other hand, it's pointless because most people don't do it and people have more important things to do. Like looking after a little sister because their mum isn't very well or something like that.
- Homework is not weird, but it helps you learn more stuff and new things! So when you grow up, you would help you with your job.
- Well I think homework is pointless because it is just repeating what you did at school. And you could be doing better things.
- All the advantages of homework can be obtained with initiative. So yes it is pointless. Homework also induces stress. All who say homework teaches you responsibility need to know it takes even more responsibility to learn without the losing good grades if you don't. And the mere fact that it is graded proves that its grading is either contradictory or unnecessary. Plus think of how much time, money, paper, and pencil carbon we wasted on homework. Only two types of homework have ever helped me and those are summaries and outlines, but they are only good the first time per section. You might say I am a kid trying to get out of work, well that's part of it if you mean labor by work, but if you say I'm just a kid trying to get out of work, it's not just that I'm trying to get out of labor meant by work, it's pointless labor too.
- Yes it is pointless! You know kids are staying up late to get their homework done but they don't get enough sleep! You wonder why kids in school are putting their heads down, it's because they stayed up doing homework! It also causes obesity. While kids are inside doing homework they can't go outside and play to get exercise so they get fat, maybe, maybe not. And childhood is something you can never get back! Ban homework! Teachers say it's a "review" of what you did in class! Sometimes I wonder if they do it to torture us.
37 people found this useful
Homework can be confusing! Here are some tips to help you figure it out: . Be sure you know what the assignment is - you can make a homework assignment notebook, where you copy down every assignment from every class in one place so you won't lose it. . Be sure you know what the teacher wants … - if there is anything at all about the homework that confuses you, ask before you leave class ! Most likely, half the class had the same problem and were afraid to ask. . Use your book ! Many time, the homework is actually written down exactly the way you need it inside your textbook! If you haven't read the section yet, get out the book and look for the answers. . Use the internet ! If you still can't find the answer, use a search engine to find out how to do the homework - don't try to find a cheat because then you'll never know how to do the next homework you get! See the Related Questions for more help! (MORE)
It depends. Ask yourself that question. Then if you cant, make sure you inform a teacher before the due date so you can go over it. If a teacher is not available, ask a friend who knows how to do it.
Here's how to actually do that homework! . Know what the assignment is - keep an assignment notebook where you write down all of your assignments every day. If you don't understand exactly what your teacher wants, ask before you leave class, then write down what the teacher tells you! . Gather… all your materials - have your textbook, pens/pencils, computer - whatever you need for the assignment, get it together before you start. . Read over the material - skim the textbook or notes that tell you about your homework so it will be easier to find answers. . Read the questions carefully so you know exactly what each one is asking for. . If you don't know the answer, look in your textbook - check the bold headings and subheadings to give you clues where to look for things! Look in your notes from class, because the teacher usually talks about what things are going to be in the homework. . If you still can't find the answer, and it's not a math problem, try using Google - just type in the key words. Example: if your question is "What are the main exports of Uzbekistan?" you type in "exports Uzbekistan" and Google sends you to a website that has the answers! . If you have trouble with math, you'll have to read the part of the chapter that explains how to work the problem - and keep reading and practicing until you can get it correct. If you just can't do it, mark that section of your homework, tell the teacher you tried and tried, then ask for more help during class. By doing work (MORE)
Homework is practice work that the teacher assigns to help you learn the material better. Some kids finish this at school, but it's still called "homework" because most kids have to do it after school.
on a peice of paper You dropped it under your chair and your dog carried it off and hid it in your sister's Barbie house. your sister then found it and thought it would be funny to see what would happen to it if she used it as a teething toy. after it dried in the barbie house again, you cat found… it and used it as an "Emery Cat" toy. sorry. (MORE)
We do homework to reinforce what we have learned in school, outsideof the usual study zone. Assignments work as projects that requirea number of skills in different subjects to complete. Projects orany homework for that matter may require resources that cannot beobtained at school eg. a brochure abo…ut your local lake. In thiscase you must travel to a place which produces these brochures andyou must collect one to study and analyse it. Therefore it can onlybe done outside of school. Homework can also be categorized as unfinished school work. (MORE)
WikiAnswers will not do your homework for you. Here's why: . Plagiarism is illegal - you can get a failing grade, get kicked out of school, lose your job, and even have to go to court and pay massive fines if you get caught. . Cheating is immoral - we are not going to help you do something that… all of us know is wrong. . Cheating hurts you - when you copy something, you never learn how to do the work yourself - then, when you have your next assignment or a test, you will fail because you didn't learn the work when you were supposed to. . There is plenty of HELP so you do not need to try to cheat. If you ask someone on this site to help you learn how to do the work, they will. If you go to the homework help sites, they have tutors. If you use a search engine, you can find definitions, facts, and quick information. It is just too easy for you to do the work yourself without cheating. (MORE)
Hi,. i once saw something that was completely pointless, an inflatable pin cushion! what good is that? it cost $6.99 and popped if you put a pin in it! i think it was some kind of novelty thing...... J x
WikiAnswers is not going to do your homework FOR you. We will beglad to HELP you learn how to do it for yourself, which is thewhole purpose of the practice work in the first place. If someone agrees, they can do your homework for you BUT you'llmiss the whole point of homework AND you and the person… doing thework for you will be cheating. In addition, you will rob yourselfof developing good habits that will be useful to you throughoutlife and do poorly in school. (MORE)
Yes, it is pointless, as well as dangerous. One point of view No. There is a God , he is always there for us , was always there for us, and always will be there for us. His love is an everlasting, strong love that will never fade , no matter what. Sometimes life is hard , but God didn't say tha…t it would be easy , he just said he would be there,and he is. God died with nails in his feet and hands and thorns in his head for US for forgiveness of OUR SINS! Mere mortals! That was the ultimate sacrifice , and if you have not come to Christ, now is the time to , because he loves you and is eagerly waiting for your acceptance of his word and his undying love for you. and if you believe, truly believe in him , he and only he can save you from an everlasting hell. Another point of view No way! Religion helps explain why we are here and who put us here. It is supposed to be a guide book on how to live our lives. Yes for those who aren't religious. There is no such thing as any god. How could this so called god create the world in seven days when in reality it took millions of years. How could more than 8 billion people come from two people "god" created, wouldn't they be inbreed. Life on Earth is a coincidence and nothing else. We ended up on this planet because we were an ideal distance from the sun, not too hot and not too cold. Then water came to Earth by comets which also brought many building blocks for life to start like carbon. The the simplest forms of life appeared the gradually evolved over millions of years. Then our ancestors evolved into what we are today. If there was a "god" how could you prove it, because jesus said so. Yeah right. People always tell me how can you prove there isn't a god. If there is no physical proof there is a god then how could he exist. Someone created religion to try to keep people at peace. That didn't work so well. Most wars start because of religion. 9/11, that was because of some religious nut jobs thought their "gods" will reward them for killing innocent Americans. In the end people believe in religion because they want to make themselves feel good about themselves. Or people pray to god most of the time if their in a lot of trouble. (MORE)
A pointless question is basically a question without a point to it or even a waste of time even asking in the first place.
School is not necessarily pointless as a lot of people need it in life; but a lot of kids believe it is pointless because to them it is confusing and they believe that when you get older you will never use it, which is not entirely true. So it depends on who's point of view it is. If it is a kid…'s point of view, they'll say it is pointless since they don't understand the importance of it, and if it's an adult's point of view, they'll say it is necessary. . (MORE)
you canot have a teacher that doesnot give homework you just need to lesson in class to do your homework that is how you gonna get 100 from100 that is how people get good scores in their exams thanks for reading from six grader
A home worker works from home, rather than commuting to a place of business. Some participate in home-based businesses, and others work from their homes for outside companies. Telecommuting can give home workers the ability to log into on-site computers and communicate almost exactly as they woul…d in an office. That being said, there are a number of work-at-home scams, using technology to expand on the classic "envelope-stuffing" schemes of the 1920s and 30s. An opportunity that seems too good to be true may be exactly that. (MORE)
To do your homework, find a quiet place to do it and start with onehomework assignment, get it done, and go on to the next until youhave it all done.
Your homework today is to read the entire Bible and write a three thousand page essay summarizing it. If you have an assignment notebook, like I keep telling you to make, you will NEVER have to ask this question!
Yourself. Otherwise both you and the person who did it would becheating and you would not learn anything.
Art helps you learn about the feelings hidden inside of you. It also helps your drawing skills.
Not at all. It is a language rich in culture and history (probably the oldest living language in Europe), and still surviving, even thriving, today. Something of a miracle, considering the brash domineering of its next-door neighbour, English. Like every language, it has a fundamental point to it:… communication. Through its use, both historically and today, as a means of communication, it is by definition not pointless. (MORE)
Look through "A rated" essay and homeworks. See how they are made, take a look at details and writing tricks. here is good compilation of top rared essays goo.gl/uSdaN
Math is not necessarily pointless as a lot of people need it in life; but a lot of kids believe it is pointless because to them it is confusing and they believe that when you get older you will never use it, which is not entirely true. Lots of important jobs involve math skills. Without math, …people would be incapable of a lot of things. So it depends on who's point of view it is. If it is a kid's point of view, they'll say it is pointless since they don't understand the importance of it, and if it's an adult's point of view, they'll say it is necessary. (MORE)
Well to not get homework you have to cover the whole lesson and not ask the teacher any because you will be like "miss don't we get homework ?" and she would say "oh yes do some research about...."
C, which has either an S or a K sound when it is used in words. So there is no need for a C when an S or a K could be used instead.
You Could write it out using pen or pencil or you could type it up using microsoft word on your computer if you have one.
go get a blender,rip up your homework and put it in the blender then go buy any animal food,after the riped up homework and food, leave it outside and later any animal will come and eat it up at school say this : a _____ ate my homework! heheheheeh that always work :D
when you don't have homework you should work on assignments and books that you have been assigned to read. then you can spend time on the computer or go out with friends.
If you have "NO" homework than you can play outside, ride bike, chat on phone ,listen to music help make dinner, read a book ,relax, take a nap ,etc. Trust me when you really look around you can find lots of things to do! I have been there before and moms are no help, all they say are then clean you…r room! Hey, be careful what you say about grownups though cause you might do it when you grow up! (MORE)
xcuse me! I have a huuuuge crush on this guy, so NO!!!!! a crush isn't a relationship. just saying. yeah they are completely pointless. 2 lucky people find each other and everyone else goes thru a differnent person each month, someimtes week. wait till your in high school. middle school relati…onships don't mean ANYTHING. (MORE)
Homework is there to help you apply the information you learned in class. It it also necessary so that your teacher will be able to assess your abilities. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, learning without practice is not really learning. Think about it this way: If you play sports, you… practice. You learn new plays and you perform them, drill and train constantly. Why? So when it comes time for you use them in a game, they will become automatic. Homework assignments are the drill and practice for the game, life. (MORE)
No it is not pointless you have access to Blu Ray,free online ,hd movies,and hd games all the way up to 1080 p! Get it it's way better than the Xbox ! Trust me!
When you do homework, you are gaining knowledge, developing studyhabits, and learning to be resposible.
That is a relative question. It depends on how you look at it. The pessimist can say that the Korean pennisula is still divided, so yes the status quo was maintained and nothing was accomplished. However, South Korea is a thriving, economically powerful, democratic nation, and this was only possible… due to the fact that the North Korean invasion was defeated. So IMHO, no it was not pointless. In the grand scheme of things, the Korean War was a strategic victory for the West, even if it was tactically and operationally a stalemate. (MORE)
If you don't understand your homework it is best to talk with your teacher or other classmates for help. Not to do your homework for you, but to make sure you understand the subject. Once you understand the subject, it shouldn't be too hard. It may be tedious, but you should be able to do it. If it …is a matter of distraction, get rid of all that is distracting you. If it is a matter of tiredness, going to bed earlier and getting up earlier is better than staying up later and waking up later because you will be more rested once you have rest (and concentrated) then before. (MORE)
It depends on the level of qualifications you intend on gaining. When you're year 10-11, GCSEs seem like the world. When in reality it gets you into low paying jobs and into college. In college GCSEs will seem like nothing, and A-levels will seem like everything. When in reality it gets you a bette…r paying job then only having GCSEs. The same applies to University where A-levels and GCSEs become nothing, and uni is the biggest thing in the world... (MORE)
I recommend that you do what you were assigned for homework. If you have a problem or question with a subject or a specific assignment, ask that question.
No, learning any type of language other then your native languagewill help you in many ways. Being able to speak in two languagesopens many doors in the job market, as employers will look atbilingual persons with more interest than those who only know theirnative language. Also for those who apply t…o college, any languagewould put you above those who are also applying to the samecollege. Learning French is not pointless. 29 different countrieshave French as their official language and it is the 4th mostspoken language in the European Union. Though it may not be themost spoken language in the world, French is a very useful languageto have and will allow you to speak to any one of the 75 millionnative French speakers that are in the world today. (MORE)
yes i have an A+ average and i never skip class I'm going to be a nueological science researcher when I'm 20
Only to those not receptive to them. Information is always valued by those that are smart enough to appreciate it.
You can have no homework if your teacher does not set you any. Not hard, its very simple...
Friends are good when you all get along. It is also really nice to have your friends at your side when you need them. But friends can be kind of pointless because of those who aren't as lucky who's friends keep falling out all the time, thinks "why have them as friends if the just fall out?" Also fr…iends are kind of pointless because when we grow and leave school you seem to lose contact with your friends. It is alright if you stay in contact, but when love takes over, that is when your contact with your friends is lost. In a way it all depends on your thoughts about your friends and about yourself with them. So your having your friends could be a good or bad thing. (MORE)
No thumbs are not pointless, it is that fact that we have thumbs that have enabled humans to grip things and make use of tools and weapons.
do you choose not to? or... is it to hard? if it is too hard i would recommend e-mailing you're teacher. This shows your teacher that you tried you're hardest and you are making an effort to get help. if you just don't want to do you're hw, DO IT.
Yes, because you don't know what it means, or why you have to learn something that's pretty much made up.
when i was in middle school, i was given homework for every subject excluding PE and health. the homework was relatively easy.
Because its a supplement to the subjects you're being taught in school. Limitations on the length of classes may mean your teacher hasn't covered everything they needed to. Setting homework allows them to see if you have learned what was being taught.
You do whatever the teacher assigns. If you mean you want extrahomework, I suggest looking in the textbook for extra questions orproblems, or using a search engine to look for quizzes or homeworkhelp in those classes.
Pointless means it does not have any use. Basically it can't beused for most things.
Just don't do it. If you choose that option, though, be prepared toaccept responsibility for the consequences, such as a zero if thehomework is graded, developing poor study habits and a low level ofaccepting responsibility which can follow you the rest of yourlife, poor grades in school, possibly b…eing held back when yourfriends move on to the next grade, not being able to participate insports or activities due to poor grades, and last but certainly notleast, looking back when you become an adult and knowing how muchyou totally blew a very good and free opportunity to develop goodhabits and knowledge for the rest of your life. (MORE)
We do homework because to make your brain get more healthy and toget better at something and this is good for you you know
Yes, what does it all mean? Why do we exist? How did the universeget here? What is our purpose - if any?. The philosophy of Judaism is that this world is a purposefulcreation by God, in which all people are tested concerning theiruse of free-will. We possess a soul which lives on after the bodydies… and is held responsible for the person's actions. Anyone whois worthy, Jewish or not, can merit reward in the afterlife.. Also: . 1. God exists, and is the Creator. This tells us that the world is not chaotic or the result ofchance. Life is the work of a deliberate, purposeful, intelligentand kind Creator; not a melancholy chaos or a string of fortuitousaccidents. God is at the center of reality and the center of ourworld-outlook and thoughts. . 2. God is eternal. This includes the belief that God's ways are also eternal. God isnot capricious, forgetful or fickle. Investing in a relationshipwith God is the only thing that will bear eternal benefits. . (MORE)