What would you like to do?
Just the Facts:
- Kentucky is the 26th most populated US State.
- Kentucky is the 22nd most densely populated US State.
- Kentucky's official state tree is the Tulip poplar which is really a magnolia.
- Kentucky is home to the world's largest cave system.
- Kentucky' official state fruit is the blackberry.
- Kentucky is the 37th largest US State by area.
- Kentucky was the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis.
- Kentucky's official state bird is the Cardinal.
- Kentucky was the 15th state to join the Union.
- Kentucky's official state dance is clogging.
- Kentucky has eight electoral college votes.
- Kentucky's official state flower is the goldenrod.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken was begun in Kentucky.
- Kentucky's official state honey festival is the Clarkson Honeyfest.
- Kentucky produces Bourbon but the official state beverage is milk.
- Kentucky's highest point is Black Mountain at 4,145 feet.
- Kentucky is the 4th larges auto producing state in the Union.
- Kentucky is the home of the Kentucky Derby.
- Kentucky's official state horse is the Thoroughbred.
- Kentucky is the home of the International Bluegrass Music Museum.
- Kentucky's official state musical instrument is the Appalachian dulcimer.
- Kentucky is in two different Time Zones.
- Kentucky's offical state mineral is coal.
- Kentucky has 120 counties.
- Kentucky's official state music is Bluegrass Music.
- Kentucky's capital at Frankfort has the 4th smallest population of all state capitals.
- Kentucky has no official state grass but is known as the Bluegrass State.
- Kentucky is the only US State that has had sitting governor assassinated.
- Kentucky is the only US State that had its Capitol occupied by the Confederates during the US Civil War.
- Kentucky's Governor from 1871-1875 moved to Montana and served as the Governor of Montana Territory from 1887-1889.
- Kentucky got its only woman governor from 1983-1987.
- Chevrolet Corvettes are only made in Kentucky.
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
The first Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant, which was also the first franchise, was started in Kentucky. The name 'Kentucky' comes from a Cherokee word meaning Land of Tomorr…ow or meadowland. Post-it Notes are produced at the 3M factory in Cynthiana, Kentucky. Duncan Hines, the namesake of well-known cake mix, was born in Bowling Green in 1880. Both the Confederate and Union Presidents in the Civil War were born in Kentucky. The red-yellow-green traffic signal that is used throughout the world was invented by a former slave named Garrett Morgan, a native of Paris, Kentucky. Richmond, Kentucky was considered runner-up for the best location of our nation's capitol, but Washington DC was favored because of the importance of sea trade. The world's first successful hand transplant was performed in Louisville, Kentucky in 1999 by a doctor from University of Louisville. Corvettes are manufactured in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The Corvette Museum is also located there. The electric light bulb was shown to the public at the Southern Exposition Fair in Louisville. The Hatfield-McCoy feud, an Appalachian vendetta that lasted from the Civil War to the 1890's, happened in Pike County, Kentucky, which is the world's largest producer of coal.
# The Kentucky Senate has 38 members. # The Kentucky House has 100 members. # Kentucky has two US Senators. # Kentucky has six US House members. # The Kentucky L…egislature is called the Kentucky General Assembly. a # The Kentucky judicial branch is called the Kentucky Court of Justice. # Kentucky judges are elected and not appointed. # The Kentucky Governor is both the head of state and the head of government. # Kentucky has had one woman serve as Governor. # Kentucky's first governor was Isaac Shelby.
it is illegal to transport a ice cream cone in your pocket you cant buy a hat without your husbands permissin and many more
Interesting, # Indispensible, # Idealistic, # Idyllic, # Illusory, # Impassioned, # Important, # Impulsive, # Incalcuable, # Incendiary, # Incorridgible, … # Incorruptible (mostly) # Indecipherable (sometimes when Mitch takes the floor), # Indignant (often when Mitch has taken the floor), # Inhospitable (never when Mitch has taken the floor).
Kentucky is the only US State that has had sitting governor assassinated.Kentucky is the only US State that had its Capitol occupied by the Confederates during the US Civil Wa…r.Kentucky's Governor from 1871-1875 moved to Montana and served as the Governor of Montana Territory from 1887-1889.Kentucky got its only woman governor from 1983-1987.Chevrolet Corvettes are only made in Kentucky. This information will help students and other people...
Fleming County is the covered Bridge Capital of Kentucky. Kentucky got its own women governor in 1983-1987. Chevrolet Corvettes are made only in Kentucky. This informatio…n is helpful for students and other people...
The capitol is located in Frankfort, the building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the last fact is from 1792 to 1830, Kentucky has had two buildings …serve as the capitol, both of them burned down.
coal is used to make a fire and is also a mineral
a to z facts about kentucky
Legally speaking, adultery in Kentucky is not a factor when two people are filing for divorce. This is because Kentucky is considered to be a no-fault state.
· Elizabethtown is a city in Kentucky
· Hopkinsville is a city in Kentucky
In Board Games
Xavier University (Cincinnati, Ohio) offers programs at its off-site facility in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. Xalapa Way is the name of a street in Verona, Kentucky. Xantippa L…ane is the name of a street in Winchester, Kentucky Xavier Drive is the name of a street in Bardstown, Kentucky
Some people believe Quincy Kentucky to be haunted.
The KY Derby is held at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.It is an annual event.The track is 1.25 miles long.More than 150,000 people attend the Derby each year.The firs…t Derby was held in 1875.Mint Julep is the official drink of the Kentucky Derby.The traditional Kentucky Derby meal is Burgoo, a thick, meaty stew.The Derby actually begins two weeks before the race by a series of events leading up to Derby Day, beginning with Thunder over Louisville, which is an airshow and fireworks event.It is customary for both men and women to wear stylish, elegant hats to the Derby.
KENTUCKY IS AWESOME BECAUSE THEY HAVE KENTUCKY DERBY and i love debys