What would you like to do?
- Three Dimensional Modeling: Creating 3D models manually is a very difficult and tiresome job. 3D CAD packages have many more powerful features for creating the 3D models easily.
- Easy to Modify: Modifying the CAD geometry is easy; you will always have "copy", "cut", "paste", "delete", "move" or some similar editing options available with each of the packages.
- Easy to Reproduce: Draftsmen used to take days to complete a drawing by manual drafting, and reproducing the drawing meant recreating the drawing from the beginning. But, in case of the CAD, you can reproduce the drawing in no time and make as many copies as you want.
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM): The 3D CAD geometry is used as input for the CAM packages for generating NC codes. The manual drawings cannot be used for CAM packages.
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE): The 3D CAD geometry is used as input for the CAE packages. The CAE packages can simulate the loading conditions and tell whether the CAD geometry can withstand the real loading or not. The drawings created manually cannot be used for CAE.
- Simulation of the Mechanisms: The 3D CAD geometry can be used for simulating the mechanism, thus you can check the functionality of a machine without investing in prototype building. Manual drawings cannot be used for mechanism simulation.
- Database Creation: The CAD files can be used to create a PDM/PLM database. Once created, the CAD database can be accessed through a wide area network. The drawings created by manual drafting can only be stored locally.
- Logical: CAD models or geometry entities are logically connected, or in other words you cannot create a CAD model which is not possible practically. The drawings created by the manual drafting method do not have such checks, and you can create anything.
- Environment Friendly: Manual drawings are necessarily created on paper, but the CAD drawings can be stored and used electronically without using paper.
- Access Control: Some of the drawings and design documents are very crucial for a company's business, and such drawings should not be accessible to all. Providing access controls of such drawings are easy for the CAD drawings, and the access level can be defined for each CAD drawings. Strict access control and maintaining confidentiality is difficult for the manual drawings.
7 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
cost and thats about it
Here are the basic points that I used for my GCSE coursework... · Computers can form calculations quickly and efficiently · They use up less room …· Data can be retrieved quickly and easily · Security is tight and hard to break into. · Documents that are lost can often be retrieved · Mistakes and changes made can be corrected or changed easily by using the backspace or delete keys rather than the whole document being redone. These obviouslyaren't all of them but the list is propbably endless!!
Standardization, and the ability to transition from 2D to 3D, or the other way around, are two advantages of AutoCAD. It is made by the Autodesk Company.
there is none.....drive a stick shift
Well, the main advantage is that computers are very good at doing boring, repetitive calculations very quickly. Modern computers can perform trillions of calculations per seco…nd. A normal human is lucky if they can average one calculation per second manually. they are accurate ,
autocad can easily do a floor plans in terms of architecture
Speed and amount searched. Computers are about a million times faster than us.
AutoCAD helps us in designing the technical parts of a machinery. any equipment can be designed that is next further processed for manufacturing makes human work easier(reduce…s effort and saves time).
power steering is easier and you do not have to turn the wheel as hard as manually.
From your query, i am assuming the same for Power Plant Condenser Cooling and also for TG & Boiler auxiliary cooling. If you take this case, for both the cases you need huge… quantity of water. It will be re-circulating.. Now, coming back to your query. Since the hot water return from the eqpts are at high temperature, it will be cooled in the tower. In the case of Natural draft, as the name indicates, the water is cooled by air naturally. For this purpose, to create the reqd. draft, huge, lofty RCC (Reinforced Cement & Concrete) parabolic structure needs to be constructed. The ht. of the structure will vary from 40m to 120m and dia will vary from 60m to 100m depending upon the design, water in circulation, ambient conditions etc. So, this involves huge construction work, high capital investment and take long time to complete the activity, more resources. However, when comparing the entire re-circulating system with both ND as well as in ID, the payback period will be to the tune of 5-6 years. For IDCT (Induced), the draft is induced by means of a fan placed on top. Hence, the size of the structure, height wise is less whereas foot print is more but is lesser than ND towers. Here, the capex or capital investment is much lesser (Almost by 20%) than ND. However, due to the presence of a fan, there is a recurring running cost. Here the power requirement is higher (By 1%) than ND. In ND no fans are required (Hence no power). While selecting the CT, you have to select depending on the reqmt which you are looking for. If u r willing to shell out cpital investement, you will have no recurring cost in terms of power consumption. Similarly, maintenance wise, it is easy to access IDCT since it is not a tall structure. But maintenance will be more in ID as it has moving/ rotating parts. Duration of construction is also less for IDCT. Civil works is less. Hope this is useful Regards, R. Veda Siddharth
1. you can add pictures to stuff 2. you can do other things besides type 3. you can just hit the backspace button instead of having to start all over or use white out. T…hink about it this way all a type writer can do is type so just think about all the things you can do with a computer besides type! But most of all you can play games! * You save time as typing in a computer is not as strenuous as typing in a manual typewriter. * You can edit your files anytime and save a copy on a disc, USB, or the computer itself. * Work done on a computer is pleasing to look at with zero-minimal errors as you can easily do a grammar and spelling check.
Here i say. What do we have here. The drawing is drawn i see. The cad is new. What does that mean. Could it be, that i am afraid to see. How about that. Cad is better than dr…awing but drawing is better than cad. You see, if you draw then you draw, if you cad then its cad. No need for skills just the computer mind is you. But you are not you unless you draw it by you. So is it really you. Solely down to you. No denying.
advantage of autocard
ADVANTAGES It's a 1)simple enough software with real user friendly interface. 2)Easy to grasp and if you are new at CAD, this can provide you the basic exposure 3)chea…per than most of other CADD softwares , if simple profile designing is all that you require DISADVANTAGES 1)not so much suited for 3D as it has fewer options 2)Cannot handle complex designs 3)If you are into heavy assembly work don't rely on this softie...
1. Speed of record retrieval. 2. Size and cost of maintaining database. 3. Less manpower required. 4. Database can be accessed from remote sites.
flexibility-tissue are treated for the optimum duration in each fluid. use for fluid-not dangerous
Redrawing for changes are quicker, easier and you end up with no smudge marks due to having to erase lines. It is very easy to work on multiple drawings at the same time vs ha…ving to use either mutliple drafting tables or spend time removing your paper from the table and taping another project down. Some say the accuracy using electronic vs manual drafting is better....which will depend totally on the drafter doing the work.