What would you like to do?
What are the advantages of autocad over manual drafting?
- Three Dimensional Modeling: Creating 3D models manually is a very difficult and tiresome job. 3D CAD packages have many more powerful features for creating the 3D models easily.
- Easy to Modify: Modifying the CAD geometry is easy; you will always have "copy", "cut", "paste", "delete", "move" or some similar editing options available with each of the packages.
- Easy to Reproduce: Draftsmen used to take days to complete a drawing by manual drafting, and reproducing the drawing meant recreating the drawing from the beginning. But, in case of the CAD, you can reproduce the drawing in no time and make as many copies as you want.
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM): The 3D CAD geometry is used as input for the CAM packages for generating NC codes. The manual drawings cannot be used for CAM packages.
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE): The 3D CAD geometry is used as input for the CAE packages. The CAE packages can simulate the loading conditions and tell whether the CAD geometry can withstand the real loading or not. The drawings created manually cannot be used for CAE.
- Simulation of the Mechanisms: The 3D CAD geometry can be used for simulating the mechanism, thus you can check the functionality of a machine without investing in prototype building. Manual drawings cannot be used for mechanism simulation.
- Database Creation: The CAD files can be used to create a PDM/PLM database. Once created, the CAD database can be accessed through a wide area network. The drawings created by manual drafting can only be stored locally.
- Logical: CAD models or geometry entities are logically connected, or in other words you cannot create a CAD model which is not possible practically. The drawings created by the manual drafting method do not have such checks, and you can create anything.
- Environment Friendly: Manual drawings are necessarily created on paper, but the CAD drawings can be stored and used electronically without using paper.
- Access Control: Some of the drawings and design documents are very crucial for a company's business, and such drawings should not be accessible to all. Providing access controls of such drawings are easy for the CAD drawings, and the access level can be defined for each CAD drawings. Strict access control and maintaining confidentiality is difficult for the manual drawings.
+ 29 others found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
advantage of autocard
What are the benefits and advantages automated material handling system has over manual handling system?
In the Salmoiraghi concept, automation is rather more than a simple reduction of labor costs. Indeed, the most important aspect is to completely eliminate manual handling and …its inherent problems, thereby achieving high product quality. The benefits of an Automated Handling System (AHS) are: Complete "from production line to shipping" automation processTotal elimination of manual handling, leading to dramatic and immediate improvement of product qualitySafe and efficient product flow in a compact and fluid system configurationSharp reduction of labor costs guaranteeing prompt return on investment (3-4 years payback)Considerable factory floor space gainClean, orderly, efficient production environmentFully computerized operation affording real-time system control, comprehensive data processing facilities, and just-in-time flexibilityProduct traceability resulting in better customer serviceFull compatibility with trend towards larger and heavier product unitsHigh efficiency packing processLast but not least: safe and physically effortless operation For all these reasons, a Salmoiraghi Automated Handling System maximizes the plant efficiency and provides you with a competitive edge in today's demanding market. It is safe to assume that, due to stringent cost control, high product quality demands, and "just-in-time" requirements, automated handling will assume in the near future an ever-increasing role in various industrial sectors. As always, we are committed to anticipate the market trends and offer state-of-the-art and cost-effective technology to our customers. Automated handling systems can transform your business by slashing costs, reducing errors, and increasing efficiency. MATERIAL HANDLILNG SYSTEM In any production system, (either industrial/ Agricultural), the producer is always confronted with a problem of the handling of the material. The necessary raw material has to be transported to the production site or machinery, and after the completion of the production processes the finished goods have to be transported from the production site or machinery to the ware house for storage, or for disposal and marketing. If the production processes consists of more than one processing steps or a number of equipment and machineries, then the producer has to arrange for additional handling facilities to transport material from one production unit to the other. In a primitive system of production as in the agricultural production in India or in the shop of a village blacksmith, the raw material and finished goods are carried manually or by bullock cart. In a giant structural fabrication shop, or in a large foundry or forging shop, the raw materials and finished jobs may be moved with heavy duty EOT ( Electric Overhead Travelling), Crane or Jib Crane. In a sophisticated production system, as adopted now a days in the developed countries, there may be complete automation in handling system employing robotics or AGV (Automated Guided Vehicles). It is necessary in the sense that every production process requires one or the other type of material handling arrangement. But a material handling system does not add to the value of the raw material or finished goods, yet simply increase the cost of production. So while selecting a material handling equipment or arrangement, critically analyze whether the selected equipment or arrangement will yield optimum productivity. Essential Of Good Material Handling System:Efficient and safe movement of materials to the desired place.Timely movement of the materials when needed.Supply of materials at the desired rate.Storing of materials utilizing minimum space.Lowest cost solution to the materials handling activities. Advantages Of Material Handling System:Improve efficiency of a production system by ensuring the right quantity of materials delivered at the right place at the right time most economically.Cut down indirect labor cost.Reduce damage of materials during storage and movement.Maximize space utilization by proper storage of materials and thereby reduce storage and handling cost.Minimize accident during materials handling.Reduce overall cost by improving materials handling.Improve customer services by supplying materials in a manner convenient for handlings.Increase efficiency and saleability of plant and equipment with integral materials handling features. Disadvantages Of Material Handling System:Additional capital cost involved in any materials handling system.Once a materials handling system get implemented, flexibility for further changes gets greatly reduced.With an integrated materials handling system installed, failure/stoppage in any portion of it leads to increased downtime of the production system.Materials handling system needs maintenance, hence any addition to materials handling means additional maintenance facilities and costs. Benefits automated material handling can come in small pieces like saving employees backs, but the benefits also stretch out to cover larger areas as well. In some cases the efficiency that is created by automated material handling can cause a company to consolidate its warehouse operations into one or two distribution locations down from the 6 or 7 that were used previously. This creates a major cost savings for a company. Some automated material handling systems include overhead robotics that pick products from floor locations and deliver them to the pallet location. These are very speedy and quite accurate. Sometimes the robotics are combined with the manufacturing operation to take a food product from its manufacturing point into packaging, then into palletizing before shipping to the retail location for sales. Be aware that automated material handling systems can be configured to do all that is required in the warehouse or distribution center. Manual material handling (MMH) is defined as the unaided moving of objects, often combined with twisting and awkward postures and contributing to musculoskeletal disorders. Traumatic occurrences (slips, trips, falls, and blows to the body.) cause the other bodily injuries, pain and disability. Typically, not one specific occurrence but rather the awkward body positions, repetition, force and duration associated with movement lead to back, neck and other problems (Cumulative Trauma Disorders). Edited bv: Frank W.K. Anane K'dua Poly 04/2009/398D
1. you can add pictures to stuff 2. you can do other things besides type 3. you can just hit the backspace button instead of having to start all over or use white out. T…hink about it this way all a type writer can do is type so just think about all the things you can do with a computer besides type! But most of all you can play games! * You save time as typing in a computer is not as strenuous as typing in a manual typewriter. * You can edit your files anytime and save a copy on a disc, USB, or the computer itself. * Work done on a computer is pleasing to look at with zero-minimal errors as you can easily do a grammar and spelling check.
ADVANTAGES It's a 1)simple enough software with real user friendly interface. 2)Easy to grasp and if you are new at CAD, this can provide you the basic exposure 3)chea…per than most of other CADD softwares , if simple profile designing is all that you require DISADVANTAGES 1)not so much suited for 3D as it has fewer options 2)Cannot handle complex designs 3)If you are into heavy assembly work don't rely on this softie...
It is fast, accurate and easier to use. It even needs less time.
AutoCAD helps us in designing the technical parts of a machinery. any equipment can be designed that is next further processed for manufacturing makes human work easier(reduce…s effort and saves time).
From your query, i am assuming the same for Power Plant Condenser Cooling and also for TG & Boiler auxiliary cooling. If you take this case, for both the cases you need huge… quantity of water. It will be re-circulating.. Now, coming back to your query. Since the hot water return from the eqpts are at high temperature, it will be cooled in the tower. In the case of Natural draft, as the name indicates, the water is cooled by air naturally. For this purpose, to create the reqd. draft, huge, lofty RCC (Reinforced Cement & Concrete) parabolic structure needs to be constructed. The ht. of the structure will vary from 40m to 120m and dia will vary from 60m to 100m depending upon the design, water in circulation, ambient conditions etc. So, this involves huge construction work, high capital investment and take long time to complete the activity, more resources. However, when comparing the entire re-circulating system with both ND as well as in ID, the payback period will be to the tune of 5-6 years. For IDCT (Induced), the draft is induced by means of a fan placed on top. Hence, the size of the structure, height wise is less whereas foot print is more but is lesser than ND towers. Here, the capex or capital investment is much lesser (Almost by 20%) than ND. However, due to the presence of a fan, there is a recurring running cost. Here the power requirement is higher (By 1%) than ND. In ND no fans are required (Hence no power). While selecting the CT, you have to select depending on the reqmt which you are looking for. If u r willing to shell out cpital investement, you will have no recurring cost in terms of power consumption. Similarly, maintenance wise, it is easy to access IDCT since it is not a tall structure. But maintenance will be more in ID as it has moving/ rotating parts. Duration of construction is also less for IDCT. Civil works is less. Hope this is useful Regards, R. Veda Siddharth
on data base you can add more columns whenever you want.
1. Speed of record retrieval. 2. Size and cost of maintaining database. 3. Less manpower required. 4. Database can be accessed from remote sites.
mail transfer are faster than bankers draft
better gas mileage
autocad can easily do a floor plans in terms of architecture
Here are the basic points that I used for my GCSE coursework... · Computers can form calculations quickly and efficiently · They use up less room …· Data can be retrieved quickly and easily · Security is tight and hard to break into. · Documents that are lost can often be retrieved · Mistakes and changes made can be corrected or changed easily by using the backspace or delete keys rather than the whole document being redone. These obviouslyaren't all of them but the list is propbably endless!!
cost and thats about it
The problem of data redundancy is hardly experienced
Well, the main advantage is that computers are very good at doing boring, repetitive calculations very quickly. Modern computers can perform trillions of calculations per seco…nd. A normal human is lucky if they can average one calculation per second manually. they are accurate ,
power steering is easier and you do not have to turn the wheel as hard as manually.