What would you like to do?
What are the differences between the Hercules myth and Disney's Hercules?
Disney's Hercules is highly stylized. It was an anachronistic musical, based loosely on Greek mythology. Some concepts were adapted to be more understandable to modern audiences, such as the battle of good vs evil / Heaven vs Underworld, an idea which is not present in the source material. As the film was meant to be family-friendly, Disney chose to clean up more unsavory story elements, such as Hercules' birth being the result of adultery.
- Disney uses the Roman name instead of his Greek name, Heracles.
- He was born a mortal and became immortal, rather than losing his immortality.
- Hercules is the son of Zeus and Alcmena, not Hera.
- Hera (Zeus' wife) sends the snakes to kill the infant, not Hades.
- Pegasus does not accompany Hercules on his adventures.
- Hades is god of the Underworld, but he is not considered evil in Greek myths. All mortals go to the Underworld after death, regardless of sin or virtue.
- The Moerae and Graeae have been merged in the Disney film into one group of characters (called the Moerae).
- Philoctetes did not train Hercules; he was only a child when Hercules died.
- Megara and Hercules' first wife, Deianira, are merged to create one character (called Megara or Meg). Megara did not sell her soul to the Underworld and never saved Hercules.
- The Hydra was in Lerna, not Thebes.
- Hercules did not kill the Minotaur or Medusa.
- The Cyclopes were allies of Zeus.
- Hercules did descend to the Underworld; however, he was not immortal at this time. He went to capture Cerberus.
- Hades was never defeated as he wasn't considered an bad god.
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Hercules is in Greek and Roman myths. He is a demigod and the son of Zeus.
I don't know why don't you look it up on GOOGLE. You are such a retard.
It depends on which movie of Hercules you are referring to - there are a few of them.
The characters (except the "bad guy" in the myth is Juno, and in the movie its Hades) , and their basic roles.
"Hercules" is the Roman name for the Greek god "Heracles" .
Hercules is the God's Roman name; Heracles is his Greek name
If you mean the Muses. There are 5 not 3 but the singers are, Lillias White, Vaneese Thomas, Cheryl Freeman, LaChanze & Roz Ryan.
Batman is mortal, Hercules only half. Batman is modern & more cerebral using multi technologies & Herc was more of a gladiator.
no it has hades gods and Hercules parents
Hades does not sing any songs in Hercules .
Hercules means glory of hera to appease hera because he was the son of one of many of Zeus affairs. Hera cause much trouble to Hercules making him kill his family n stuff he w…as condemned to horrible tasks and deed to make his rights wrong in the end he was killed i believe by his new wife who thought he was cheating on him she was tricked by here to put poison in he cloak tellin her it would make him want her again
The Hercules for myth is more violent than in the movies Ofcorse because it's a kids movie!
superman is an alien and hercules is an olympian god
He was not in a myth. He is a myth and a Legend in greek literature.
Lachesis - Carole Shelley Clotho - Amanda Plummer Atropos - Paddi Edwards