What caused the collapse of harappan civilization?
People thought that there where earthquakes,floods and invasions damaged the city.
4 people found this useful
global population is rising exponentially - it needs an even higher exponentially rising oil production to sustain - oil is finite and is now declining - we will witness the c…ollapse! - it is inevitable and real data show that it will collapse within 5 - 20 years and will be history in 2040. how it will collapse? oil production will surpass a certain level which will trigger the fragile global oil driven agriculture to stop into a grinding hold. scarcity, famine, pogroms, war and nuclear exchange are inevitable. nobody will starve to death voluntarily. 7 of 9 billion will die in less than 5 years. 95% of all food is provided by the use of oil. the other 5% by the use of coal, natural gas and domestic animals. our politicians simply want to win year after year of the status quo. which means growth. there will be one bad year when the status quo doesn't hold any longer and it will be soon.
One of the most fascinating yet mysterious cultures of the ancient world is the Harappan civilization. This culture existed along the Indus River in present day Pakistan. It w…as named after the city of Harappa which it was centered around. Harappa and the city of Mohenjo-Daro were the greatest achievements of the Indus valley civilization. These cities are well known for their impressive, organized and regular layout. Over one hundred other towns and villages also existed in this region. The Harappan people were literate and used the Dravidian language. Only part of this language has been deciphered today, leaving numerous questions about this civilization unanswered.
no i came here
What caused the collapse of the Maya civilization is not yet discovered by anyone on earth But,according to me it would have been destroyed the way how humans are going to be …destroyed in the year 2012!!!!!
most historians belive that the end of harappan civilization was because of earthquake or floods or invasion of aryans orindus valley changed its course
The Harappan or Indus valley civilization was named after the archeological site of Harappa in Pakistan.
The Indus valley people were the first in the world to spin the cotton and wollen yarn .This has been confirmed from the discovery of a number of clay spindles of different si…zes, all over these cities. moreover , needles and buttons have also been found here. They preferred loose dresses.men wore dhoti and a shawl's. women wore a type of skirt and wrapped a shawl round their sholders. men kept their hair short and thei beard trimmed.women on the other hand liked to keep long hair and dressed their hair in a variety of styles.They used combs to decorate their hair. men and women,both rich and poor wore ornaments.necklaces,filletsarmlets and finger- rings, were common to both men and women. In addition to these,women also wore girdles(belt for the waist),ear-rings,nose rings ,anklets , bangles,nose-studs and bracelets. the woman loved cosmetics.They were fond of looking beautiful and charming.
it flourished from about 5000BC to400BC . it is in Punjab, India and northeast Pakistan
a peaceful existence
3300 bc - 1300 bc
Becaus e did not have food
they had an earth quake witch made the Indus R. flowed backwards and killed many people
earthquakes and floods
conquest by foreigners
Disease brought by conquistadors, and how they based their technology people power rather than animal power
A civilization can collapse for many causes such as drought,disease or being conquered.