What is the best way to lose your love handles weight?
- The main thing is avoiding junk foods and sweetened drinks such as soda. Try to avoid refined flour and pasta, processed foods, fried foods, and fatty cuts of meat. Cut down on added sugar and added salt. Many processed foods are loaded with sugar and/or salt.
- Eat 3 not-large-portioned meals per day; do not skip breakfast; and avoid sugary snacks. If you need a snack, try (for example) an apple or a handful of unsalted nuts.
- Weigh yourself at the same time each day, 2-3 times per week. If you see your weight diminishing at a safe, reasonable rate (1-2 pounds/week), keep it up.
- Once you've reached your goal, increase your calorie intake somewhat, so that you can maintain your desired weight.
- An example of a healthy starting point could be a menu of whole-grain foods and bread, a good amount of vegetables, legumes, some fruits and nuts, fish, lean meats in not-large amounts, and some dairy. This may need adjusting according to one's lifestyle, age, health, weight and other factors at the outset; and also later, as one sees what works for him/her in particular.
- Doctors and dieticians recommend losing weight gradually, allowing a whole month for every 4 to 8 pounds you want to lose. Do not starve yourself, or skip meals, or try throwing up.
- In addition to the diet described above, try to get plenty of moderate aerobic exercise. You can do sit-ups, pushups, dumbbell-lifting, jumping-jacks, and many other basic exercises at home. Walk as much as possible. Bicycling and swimming are good too. Even for people who are not trying to lose weight, being active helps your digestion, your circulation, and other body processes, and will help improve your mood.
- See also the other Related Links.
- Doctors and dieticians recommend losing weight gradually, allowing a whole month for every 4 to 8 pounds you want to lose. Do not starve yourself, or skip meals, or try throwing up. A cycle of diminished physical fitness will happen if you diet too quickly (too drastically). As soon as you ease up on a drastic diet, your weight will balloon up once again.
- The most important thing is avoiding junk foods and sweetened
drinks such as soda. Try to avoid refined flour and pasta,
processed foods, fried foods, and fatty cuts of meat. Cut down on
added sugar and added salt. Even for people who are not trying to
lose weight, it is recommended to have no more than about 6
teaspoons of sugar per day (and many processed foods contain sugar,
corn syrup or the like).
- Eat 3 not-large-portioned meals per day; do not skip breakfast; and avoid sugary snacks. If you want a snack, try (for example) an apple or a handful of unsalted nuts. Limit your calories (best to consult a doctor or nutritionist concerning the amount), and weigh yourself at the same time each day, 2-3 times per week. If you see your weight diminishing at a safe, reasonable rate (1-2 pounds/week), keep it up.
- Don't concentrate on specific foods so much as on a balanced, healthy diet plus exercise. Healthy nutrition means eating what your body needs, while ingesting as few harmful things as possible. It has also been described as getting enough of each of the major food categories, in healthy forms (grains, fruits, vegetables, protein, dairy, etc.; plus plenty of water).
- More guidelines:
Disclaimer: Sensible diet plans such as the one above may be good for most people, but there are exceptions. Some people with complications such as glandular or other disorders, may find the above plan to be insufficient. If one keeps gaining weight despite eating healthily, professional advice may be needed.
5 people found this useful
For me the best ways to lose weight quickly are: 1. Drink green tea: Recent study compared the metabolic effect ofgreen tea with that of a placebo, researchers found that the…green-tea drinkers burned about 70 additional calories in a 24-hourperiod. 2. Go for an evening walk: Evening activity may be particularlybeneficial because many people's metabolism slows down toward theend of the day. 3. Eat every meal: Skipping meals will not make you lose weightfaster. That strategy backfires because your body thinks food is inshort supply, so it slows your metabolism in order to conserveenergy. 4. Add 30 minutes of exercise per day. The best way to lose weight, in my opinion, is to eat a healthydiet of a mixture of meat (chicken more than beef), especiallyincluding vegetables and fruits. Don't over eat - leave the tablejust full enough, rather than stuffed to the gills. Do morephysical exercises - for instance, take the stairs instead of usinga lift or an escalator. Walk to the local shops instead of usingthe car.
Answer: All you need to do is: watch what you eat, exercise 4-7 days a week for about 30 minutes (such as abdominal and cardio workouts for love handles), and try to eat abo…ut 5 smaller meals a day instead of 3 large meals. You should see some improvement soon!
Advice on losing weight . There is no easy way to lose weight quickly. Dieting is bad for your body and your mebtabolism (it slows it down) and you pick up the weight quic…ker than before. The best way to lose and maintain the weight is to follow a balanced diet (eat six smaller meals a day instead of 3) and exercise on a regular basis. Start slowly though otherwise your body goes into shock which can also slow down your metabolism..
This is about the best way to lose weight fast in a healthy way and how to stop the weight from returning. Eat a good healthy diet, but restrict refined processed carbohydra…tes. They are a major cause of weight gain. In addition, engage in regular cardio exercise. This is the best approach. . Yes, the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to eliminate or strictly limit refined processed carbohydrates (apart from the occasional treat). Replace refined processed carbohydrates with ' fat burning' foods. If you are unsure what these foods are, you will find a list of refined processed carbohydrates and a list of fat burning foods, further down this page, listed under Sources and Related Links. Also, do regular cardio exercise. Brisk walking is a good choice of cardio exercise; unlike running or jogging it is sustainable long term and easier on your body. . If you wish to add more to the dietary changes outlined above, and the cardio exercise, weigh training can be used to increase muscle. Muscle is your metabolic furnace that will burn extra energy (calories) 24 hours a day. Similarly, brisk walking (cardio) for several miles daily will burn extra calories during and immediately after walks. (Before changing your physical habits, you may wish to obtain the blessing of your physician.) For 3 free cardio exercise plans to get you started (one easier plan, one harder plan, or an intense plan, see the page links further down this page, listed under Sources and Related Links. . In summary , eliminate or strictly limit refined processed carbohydrates, replace those foods with more fat burning foods, engage in cardio exercise, and add weight training if you are able. Even without weight training, the other things will enable you to achieve fat loss in a healthy way and stop the body fat from returning. So, for the free lists and plans to show you the way or to take you further: . List of Refined Processed Carbohydrates (to avoid or strictly limit, apart from the occasional treat) . List of 15 Fat Burning Foods (to replace the refined processed carbohydrates), and more about the fat burning thermic effect of these foods . Free Cardio Walking Plan 1, (the easier plan) . Free Cardio Walking Plan 2, (the harder plan) . Free Cardio Exercise Plan 3, (intense cardio) . Free weight training exercise programs, from beginner level upwards . See the page links , further down this page, listed under Sources and Related Links. .
Yes, for experience I've seen people drop from 180lbs to 125lbs in a little over a year. If you keep up with it it's well worth it. Yes it is because when you running you are …burning off fat....It's also good to drink water while you are running, make sure that the water isn't ice cold....If the water is ice cold and you are burning up and sweating its not good to drink something ice cold, it's not good for your body to combined warmth and cold.
If you were exerising previously you can simply slowly start reintroducing the progam you were completing before the pregnancy. Remember not only have you had time off but you…r body has also gone through some major changes so start slowly. You should be careful reintroducing any range of movement, balistic, balancing or unsteady surface movements as the hormone relaxin will still be effecting joints, ligaments and tendons as well as the changes to your centre of gravity. A combination of cardio and weight training should see you start to get back your pre baby body.. If you were not exercsing prior to the pregnancy it is advisable to seek the advice of a qualified exercise speacialist. Again you will need to start slowly, weight loss is a gradual process and you should not be expecting to loose 9 months worth of gains in 2 weeks!. In both situations it is advisable to seek advice from a nutritionist to ensure you are getting exactly what you and your newborn need.. AND REMEMBER: Avoid any fast weightloss programs/diets, carb cutting etc. You need a healthy and sustainable plaN, you are still eating for your new born.
A perfect diet plan is: Breakfast - 1 cup of all bran with skimmed milk. Cup of green tea. Snack - Green tea Lunch- 3 pieces of crackerbread with a skim of light cream cheese… and a piece of smoked salmon on each. 1 small apple. Drink a pint of water after your meal. Snack- 3 strawberrys and 6 raspberrys. Dinner - Grilled chicken/ Fish with broccali and runner beans. I advise adding chilli and herbs to make it more exciting. If its summer, you may want to have a green salad and a roasted pepper instead of the broccali and beans! Pint of water after dinner. I did this and lost 20lbs in 6 weeks. Also include 45mins cardio a day. Preferably before breakfast. If you need something to eat before your workout, have a lowfat yogurt (no more than 80 cals a pot) Follow this excercise routine Day 1 - Stairclimbing - Minimum 50 floors every alternate day (take alternate steps) Day 2 - Pushups - 8 sets of 25 each Day 3 - Crunches - 8 sets of 25 each The diet Eat & stuff youself with Fruits on day 1-3-5 of every week so u never feel hungry Fruits have negative calories so the more you eat the more you burn - avoid chickoo & banana DO NOT EAT ANYTHING ATLEAST 3 HOURS BEFORE YOU SLEEP - DRINK 2 BOTTLES OF WATER IF YOU WANT TO KILL THE URGE TO EAT ANYTHING BEFORE YOU SLEEP If you have to consume alcohol ... drink only McDowells Diet Mate whiskey - It helps with weight loss.. I was 105 kg's in Jan 08 i am 68 kg's since June 08....... and still the same.... ;-) all the best...
What is the best exercises to do to lose weight and build muscle around the waist you have a gut starting and love handles you need to turn to muscle?
You can do all the sit-up's and crunches you want but if you don't eat right and do cardio to lose the weight, the weight around your gut won't come off. The best recommend…ation is to decrease your intake of calories and do moderate intensity cardio a few times a week.
The fastest way to lose weight is with a combination of diet andexercise. People interested in losing weight should decrease theirportion size, limit his or her intake of fat …and sugar, andestablish a regular exercise routine.
To eat less. Exercise will help with weight loss , but if you're overeating it's basically impossible to exercise enough to make up for that.
By stretching, working out, and eating healthy. I would know, I am a boxer, baseball player, football player, and basketball player.
In Dieting and Weight Loss
You need to have a combination of adjustment to your diet as wellas increased activity. Your diet is by far the most importantfactor. It's extremely difficult to out exercise …a poor diet. Thereare many programs out there. Some work, some don't. Seeking theassistance of a health coach can be key for someone who has a longjourney ahead of them. The program has to be sustainable bothbiologically and psychologically. See Sources and Related Links formore information. Also see our related question (and answer): What is thebest diet for an obese man or woman?
In Dieting and Weight Loss
Do lots of exercising. Make out a plan, for a diet, and stick to it. Even the most simple thing, like walking, will shed the pounds. For more in-depth information, see the …page link, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
In Dieting and Weight Loss
workout and eat eat right
In Dieting and Weight Loss
Usually just doing twist crunches helps. But love handles are fat, so if you do cardio exercises that build up your heartrate and lose calories it will help lose the love hand…les.
In Dieting and Weight Loss
Working out is much more important than eating healthy therefor youcan lose weight without changing your food habits or at least cutdown the food you are eating into smaller p…ortions . As for theworking out go outside and ride a bike or scooter , run or jog on aweekend morning and try to exercise and enjoy it . Have fun in P.E.and join some after school clubs that way you will enjoy losingweight and try wearing tight bottoms or short , that way it willtighten your tummy and you will feel that you have no more space inyour stomach to eat , basically you will feel full . Hope you usemy advice and remember that you are losing weight for a reason tolook better . # The best workout is whatever you enjoy so much that you keepdoing it regularly. # Trying to lose weight by only working out doesn't work if you'reovereating at the same time. # Control your diet, then try to do something that gets your heartrate up for one hour each day. # This will make you lose weight, a healthy rate is 1-2pounds/week.