What would you like to do?
What is the best way to lose your love handles weight?
- The main thing is avoiding junk foods and sweetened drinks such as soda. Try to avoid refined flour and pasta, processed foods, fried foods, and fatty cuts of meat. Cut down on added sugar and added salt. Many processed foods are loaded with sugar and/or salt.
- Eat 3 not-large-portioned meals per day; do not skip breakfast; and avoid sugary snacks. If you need a snack, try (for example) an apple or a handful of unsalted nuts.
- Weigh yourself at the same time each day, 2-3 times per week. If you see your weight diminishing at a safe, reasonable rate (1-2 pounds/week), keep it up.
- Once you've reached your goal, increase your calorie intake somewhat, so that you can maintain your desired weight.
- An example of a healthy starting point could be a menu of whole-grain foods and bread, a good amount of vegetables, legumes, some fruits and nuts, fish, lean meats in not-large amounts, and some dairy. This may need adjusting according to one's lifestyle, age, health, weight and other factors at the outset; and also later, as one sees what works for him/her in particular.
- Doctors and dieticians recommend losing weight gradually, allowing a whole month for every 4 to 8 pounds you want to lose. Do not starve yourself, or skip meals, or try throwing up.
- In addition to the diet described above, try to get plenty of moderate aerobic exercise. You can do sit-ups, pushups, dumbbell-lifting, jumping-jacks, and many other basic exercises at home. Walk as much as possible. Bicycling and swimming are good too. Even for people who are not trying to lose weight, being active helps your digestion, your circulation, and other body processes, and will help improve your mood.
- See also the other Related Links.
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
- Doctors and dieticians recommend losing weight gradually, allowing a whole month for every 4 to 8 pounds you want to lose. Do not starve yourself, or skip meals, or try throwing up. A cycle of diminished physical fitness will happen if you diet too quickly (too drastically). As soon as you ease up on a drastic diet, your weight will balloon up once again.
- The most important thing is avoiding junk foods and sweetened
drinks such as soda. Try to avoid refined flour and pasta,
processed foods, fried foods, and fatty cuts of meat. Cut down on
added sugar and added salt. Even for people who are not trying to
lose weight, it is recommended to have no more than about 6
teaspoons of sugar per day (and many processed foods contain sugar,
corn syrup or the like).
- Eat 3 not-large-portioned meals per day; do not skip breakfast; and avoid sugary snacks. If you want a snack, try (for example) an apple or a handful of unsalted nuts. Limit your calories (best to consult a doctor or nutritionist concerning the amount), and weigh yourself at the same time each day, 2-3 times per week. If you see your weight diminishing at a safe, reasonable rate (1-2 pounds/week), keep it up.
- Don't concentrate on specific foods so much as on a balanced, healthy diet plus exercise. Healthy nutrition means eating what your body needs, while ingesting as few harmful things as possible. It has also been described as getting enough of each of the major food categories, in healthy forms (grains, fruits, vegetables, protein, dairy, etc.; plus plenty of water).
- More guidelines:
Disclaimer: Sensible diet plans such as the one above may be good for most people, but there are exceptions. Some people with complications such as glandular or other disorders, may find the above plan to be insufficient. If one keeps gaining weight despite eating healthily, professional advice may be needed.
3 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
For me the best ways to lose weight quickly are: 1. Drink green tea: Recent study compared the metabolic effect ofgreen tea with that of a placebo, researchers found that the…green-tea drinkers burned about 70 additional calories in a 24-hourperiod. 2. Go for an evening walk: Evening activity may be particularlybeneficial because many people's metabolism slows down toward theend of the day. 3. Eat every meal: Skipping meals will not make you lose weightfaster. That strategy backfires because your body thinks food is inshort supply, so it slows your metabolism in order to conserveenergy. 4. Add 30 minutes of exercise per day. The best way to lose weight, in my opinion, is to eat a healthydiet of a mixture of meat (chicken more than beef), especiallyincluding vegetables and fruits. Don't over eat - leave the tablejust full enough, rather than stuffed to the gills. Do morephysical exercises - for instance, take the stairs instead of usinga lift or an escalator. Walk to the local shops instead of usingthe car.
Answer: All you need to do is: watch what you eat, exercise 4-7 days a week for about 30 minutes (such as abdominal and cardio workouts for love handles), and try to eat ab…out 5 smaller meals a day instead of 3 large meals. You should see some improvement soon!
Yes, for experience I've seen people drop from 180lbs to 125lbs in a little over a year. If you keep up with it it's well worth it. Yes it is because when you running you are …burning off fat....It's also good to drink water while you are running, make sure that the water isn't ice cold....If the water is ice cold and you are burning up and sweating its not good to drink something ice cold, it's not good for your body to combined warmth and cold.
What is the best exercises to do to lose weight and build muscle around the waist you have a gut starting and love handles you need to turn to muscle?
You can do all the sit-up's and crunches you want but if you don't eat right and do cardio to lose the weight, the weight around your gut won't come off. The best reco…mmendation is to decrease your intake of calories and do moderate intensity cardio a few times a week.
The fastest way to lose weight is with a combination of diet and exercise. People interested in losing weight should decrease their portion size, limit his or her intake o…f fat and sugar, and establish a regular exercise routine.
To eat less. Exercise will help with weight loss, but if you're overeating it's basically impossible to exercise enough to make up for that.
By stretching, working out, and eating healthy. I would know, I am a boxer, baseball player, football player, and basketball player.
You need to have a combination of adjustment to your diet as well as increased activity. Your diet is by far the most important factor. It's extremely difficult to out exe…rcise a poor diet. There are many programs out there. Some work, some don't. Seeking the assistance of a health coach can be key for someone who has a long journey ahead of them. The program has to be sustainable both biologically and psychologically. See Sources and Related Links for more information. Also see our related question (and answer): What is the best diet for an obese man or woman?
Do lots of exercising. Make out a plan, for a diet, and stick to it. Even the most simple thing, like walking, will shed the pounds. For more in-depth information, see the p…age link, further down this page, listed under Related Questions.
workout and eat eat right
Usually just doing twist crunches helps. But love handles are fat, so if you do cardio exercises that build up your heartrate and lose calories it will help lose the love hand…les.
Working out is much more important than eating healthy therefor you can lose weight without changing your food habits or at least cut down the food you are eating into sma…ller portions . As for the working out go outside and ride a bike or scooter , run or jog on a weekend morning and try to exercise and enjoy it . Have fun in P.E. and join some after school clubs that way you will enjoy losing weight and try wearing tight bottoms or short , that way it will tighten your tummy and you will feel that you have no more space in your stomach to eat , basically you will feel full . Hope you use my advice and remember that you are losing weight for a reason to look better . # The best workout is whatever you enjoy so much that you keep doing it regularly. # Trying to lose weight by only working out doesn't work if you're overeating at the same time. # Control your diet, then try to do something that gets your heart rate up for one hour each day. # This will make you lose weight, a healthy rate is 1-2 pounds/week.
dancing and watching what to it you can eat a liitle sweets but not alot and you dont need to sighn up for dance you can just play a song and dance to it
Make sure the cats not eating human foods and make sure it is not over fed. You need to make sure that the cat is eating very healthy cat food with lots of nourishment and you…r cat should at least stop gaining weight and hopefully lose some weight also
There is no particular way to target specific build ups of fat, but the best way to burn fat is to run, jog , or walk everyday. This will increase your cardio and burn fat fro…m the body. A balanced healthy diet will increase your weight loss results as well.