What would you like to do?

What is the medical term meaning blood disorder in which red blood cells are larger than normal?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

Macrocytosis is the term meaning abnormally large red blood cells. Macrocytosis is seen in a number of RBC disorders. Megaloblastic anemia is one of the best characterized ones. It is cause by vitamin B12 deficiency.
3 people found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

Recently you teamed up with Colgate to encourage healthy living through simple, everyday routines. Do you have a favorite Colgate Total product?

View Full Interview

What would you like to do?

What is the medical term meaning anemia characterized by red blood cells that are larger than normal?

Megaloblastic anemia     A blood disorder charecterized by anemia in which the red blood cells are larger than normal. Source: Medical Terminology For Health Care P (MORE)

Common Medical Terms Related to the Diagnosis of Asthma

In technical terms, asthma causes inflammation and spasms of the bronchial tubes in the lungs. Asthma is caused by allergies and sensitivity to environmental irritants and pol (MORE)

Different Medical Terms for the Flu

Muscle aches, chills, fever, fatigue and a cough are all symptoms of the flu. This viral infection strikes quickly and there are multiple strains that circulate every year. Va (MORE)

What are those Mysterious Maladies of your Ancestors?

Becoming aware of any genetically transmitted diseases you may inherit is a reason to search your family tree. While searching you are likely to run across terms that have gon (MORE)

Complete Blood Cell Count

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) affects the large intestine. Individuals who have IBS often endure a variety of symptoms, including cramping, bloating, gas, constipation or dia (MORE)
In Testing

Blood Tests for Detecting Arthritis

There are several types of arthritis. All are painful, eventually, and many can be treated successfully. The challenge comes with properly diagnosing arthritis conditions such (MORE)

What Your Blood Chemistry Says About You

You are what you eat. You can tell a man by his clothes. You can tell a lot about a person by the books he or she reads. There is some truth to these sayings. Your blood chemi (MORE)

What would you like to do?

What is the medical term meaning immature red blood cells?

An immature red blood cell is called a reticulocyte. They are  produced in the bone marrow and live for about 120 days as mature  red blood cells (erythrocytes).    I (MORE)