What would you like to do?
What kind of job can you get with a associate in psychology?
- You could work as staff in a residential treatment center for kids, adolscents, or young adults (working directly with the clients/patients). You could work at a state mental hospital as a psych tech. You may possibly qualify for a SSW license depending on the state you are in, which would open a bunch of other employment doors for you.
- You can of course be a psychologist, after earning a PhD and being licensed by the state in which you want to practice. An associates degree will not help you very much in landing your first job. Even many assistant or intern positions require at least a bachelors, and to get fully certified you'll need a master's degree.
- It is hard to get a job with only an Associates degree in Psychology. Most employers require experience along with the education. To get experience, try volunteering with somewhere maybe one or two days a week to get that experience.
- You might look for a job as drug counselor or on a crisis hotline. High-paying jobs will be very competitive and will probably require at least a bachelors degree, if not a masters or PhD.
- It's difficult to get a job with a Psychology degree unless you have at least a Master's. An Associate's degree can only get you the most menial of psych jobs, like a medical receptionist or an orderly in an institution.
5 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Answer . My undergraduate degree is in Psych... the degree is mostly useless unless you are going on toward a masters.
Nothing. . An associate's degree in psychology will not get you a career in psychology. You can NOT become a school guidance counselor OR social worker. To become a social …worker or guidance counselor, you need a master's degree.. guidance . A school guidance counceler is a good job to get. Also any kind of social worker job with your local human or childrens services. there are several more job types available with this type of degree.
Dental field, nursing, criminal justice. Culinary field for Associate of Arts.
counselor, therapist, psychologist
You could become a therapist and help people recover from phobias and fears. . You could be a clinical psychologist and work with a wide range of psychological problems such …as anxiety, relationship problems, learning disabilities, child/family problems and serious mental illnesses. . You could become a criminal psychologist,which is someone who mainly studies the personality of convicted criminals or people undergoing prosecution, including their thoughts, actions, reactions and intentions in order to determine. . You could always teach psychology at high school, college or university Teaching it at University is more well paid than the other two. However, you would have to get a degree in Education to teach at high school and a PhD to teach at college and university.
Answer . You could get a clerical job in an accounting department - perhaps doing Accounts Payable or Payroll.
I just answered a similar question... Basically, the psychology angle is quite limited. Usually you need at least a psych major to be able to work with researchers (one of the… only jobs available for Bachelor's level). You will NOT be qualified to work with patients.. There is one caveat - sometimes people with a Bachelor's in the social science apply for "counseling" jobs at facilities like a "group home" for troubled teens. These facilities are licensed, but they are private and generally don't pay well and don't do much treatment (they are also dangerous). Another issue with these types of facilities is that the liability risk is huge - and not worth the potential consequences. So, beware of these types of establishments.. I would suggest pursuing a job in whatever your college major was.
A BA in psychology is a liberal arts degree. That is, it is not a degree that specifically prepares you to do anything except go to graduate school. So, depending on your goal…s, you might want to consider getting a dual degree in something like business if you want to work right after getting your bachelor's degree. If you want to become a psychologist, you must get a Ph.D. Check with the American Psychological Association www.apa.org. However, Masters degree psychologist depending on the specialty can sometimes perform similar duties as those with Ph.D.'s but they are not technically psychologists.
social worker councillor NGO's - dealing with welfare/housing needs/planning
what kind of jobs does cartoon network have
Biology is plants and animals Gardening Florist A career in Botany (botanist) Biology includes Marine Biology, and microbiology but they also involve animals
Certainly nothing psychology or sociology related.
senators congressman bouncers orderlies advertising insurance
With an Associate's degree in Nursing, you can work as a Registered nurse or RN. RN's can also work in specialize in one or more patient care.
counselor at a residential, psyc. hospital, non proffit community services,suicide prevention centers abused women groups and centers family counseling
Some jobs you can get with a associate's degree in psychology include: . Preschool teachers assistant . Substitute Teacher . Police Officer or Corrections officer . Soc…ial Services worker or assistant . Paralegal or Legal assistant . Mental Health front desk clerk or assistant . Sales Rep. . Retail Manager/ Supervisor