What would you like to do?
- You could work as staff in a residential treatment center for kids, adolscents, or young adults (working directly with the clients/patients). You could work at a state mental hospital as a psych tech. You may possibly qualify for a SSW license depending on the state you are in, which would open a bunch of other employment doors for you.
- You can of course be a psychologist, after earning a PhD and being licensed by the state in which you want to practice. An associates degree will not help you very much in landing your first job. Even many assistant or intern positions require at least a bachelors, and to get fully certified you'll need a master's degree.
- It is hard to get a job with only an Associates degree in Psychology. Most employers require experience along with the education. To get experience, try volunteering with somewhere maybe one or two days a week to get that experience.
- You might look for a job as drug counselor or on a crisis hotline. High-paying jobs will be very competitive and will probably require at least a bachelors degree, if not a masters or PhD.
- It's difficult to get a job with a Psychology degree unless you have at least a Master's. An Associate's degree can only get you the most menial of psych jobs, like a medical receptionist or an orderly in an institution.
5 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Answer . My undergraduate degree is in Psych... the degree is mostly useless unless you are going on toward a masters.
What kind of job can a get with a associate degree in business? It really depends on what state you are in and the company you work fors requirements. With an Associate…s degree in Early Childhood Education you can teach at a daycare in the infant, toddler or preschool rooms. You are also qualified to either be an assistant or lead teacher in a Pre-K classroom or a parapro in elementary, middle, or high school.
Nothing. An associate's degree in psychology will not get you a career in psychology. You can NOT become a school guidance counselor OR social worker. To become a socia…l worker or guidance counselor, you need a master's degree. guidance A school guidance counceler is a good job to get. Also any kind of social worker job with your local human or childrens services. there are several more job types available with this type of degree.
Dental field, nursing, criminal justice. Culinary field for Associate of Arts.
counselor, therapist, psychologist
You could become a therapist and help people recover from phobias and fears.You could be a clinical psychologist and work with a wide range of psychological problems such as a…nxiety, relationship problems, learning disabilities, child/family problems and serious mental illnesses.You could become a criminal psychologist,which is someone who mainly studies the personality of convicted criminals or people undergoing prosecution, including their thoughts, actions, reactions and intentions in order to determine.You could always teach psychology at high school, college or university Teaching it at University is more well paid than the other two. However, you would have to get a degree in Education to teach at high school and a PhD to teach at college and university.
Answer . You could get a clerical job in an accounting department - perhaps doing Accounts Payable or Payroll.
A BA in psychology is a liberal arts degree. That is, it is not a degree that specifically prepares you to do anything except go to graduate school. So, depending on you…r goals, you might want to consider getting a dual degree in something like business if you want to work right after getting your bachelor's degree. If you want to become a psychologist, you must get a Ph.D. Check with the American Psychological Association www.apa.org. However, Masters degree psychologist depending on the specialty can sometimes perform similar duties as those with Ph.D.'s but they are not technically psychologists.
social worker councillor NGO's - dealing with welfare/housing needs/planning
what kind of jobs does cartoon network have
Biology is plants and animals Gardening Florist A career in Botany (botanist) Biology includes Marine Biology, and microbiology but they also involve animals
Certainly nothing psychology or sociology related.
I'm doing the same thing!! You can try applying for a position in a law enforcement agency, such as the nypd. They take those kindsa people all the time for analysis type rese…arch positions. Or apply for the fbi.
With an Associate's degree in Nursing, you can work as a Registered nurse or RN. RN's can also work in specialize in one or more patient care.
counselor at a residential, psyc. hospital, non proffit community services,suicide prevention centers abused women groups and centers family counseling
Some jobs you can get with a associate's degree in psychology include: Preschool teachers assistantSubstitute TeacherPolice Officer or Corrections officerSocial Services work…er or assistantParalegal or Legal assistantMental Health front desk clerk or assistantSales Rep.Retail Manager/ Supervisor