What would you like to do?

When you adopt a child who was born in Georgia that now lives in Ohio what happens when their birth mother changes her mind?

already exists.

Would you like to merge this question into it?

already exists as an alternate of this question.

Would you like to make it the primary and merge this question into it?

exists and is an alternate of .

If the adoption was finalized, then it will be an uphill battle for the birth mother. The more time which goes by after an adoption, the more trying it is for a child to just switch homes. Time and a finalized adoption must be on your side to win.
32 people found this useful
Thanks for the feedback!

If you are currently working with an adoption agency but have signed no papers concerning placing your baby up for adoption can you change your mind at time of birth?

YES! Sign NOTHING. Keep your baby! They cannot take your child until you sign. DON'T SIGN. And while you're at it, don't let them IN the hospital, keep them out, try parenting

Can an illegitimate adult child legally change their birth certificate to list the name of their true biological father if the mother knowingly falsified the document when the child was born?

  You need to contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics (located at the capitol city) of the state you were born in. You can phone them. They would be able to tell you whethe

How old does the adopted child have to be to decide to see birth Mother?

This answer depends on the child. Adoptive parents are cautioned against resisting this request from an adopted child. The child simply seeks a greater and broader understand

Adopted child be to decide to see birth Mother?

An adopted child should be given some information about the birth mother, her age, height, interests, etc. He or she should not be allowed to see her or know her until grown.

What happens to a child when a single mother dies giving birth?

It depends on the details, but basically absent a clear will it will be up to the discretion of the courts. There's a preference for placing children with family members if th