Why is it painful when a bee stings you?
because it contains formic acid
2 people found this useful
No..that's an old wifes tale. Try some insect bite creams fromthe RX drug store. Answer . Never heard of that. I have heard of making a paste oftenderizer and a small amount… of water to put on a sting. Alsobaking soda paste. Absolutely! It is not a wife's tale at all. When I was young and wewere working out in the woods and got stung, the first thing we didis pee on it. I think it is the amonia in the urine. These otherguys that answered are city people. It is country people that knowabout this home remedy.
Well, wasp sting is more poisonous than bee sting
I would estimate maybe 10 minutes average. It could be eliminated quickly by applying sting relief.
Vinegar would probably have no effect on a bee sting.
Stings from ground bees are not usually serious, and the pain should pass after an hour or two, though the swelling may take a day or two to go completely. If your symptoms ar…e more serious or if the swelling persists, seek medical advice.
Honey badgers do get stung, but they have a coarse coat and a tough skin which bees find difficult to penetrate with their stings.
No, and it would probably do more harm than good!
I've been studying and working with the wool-carder bee for 3years. Never been stung. Females are very non-aggressive and willusually just try and get out of your way. Males a…re aggressive toother bees, but can't sting you. Very fun bee to watch, so take thetime to watch them! Without fear of being stung.
Because the stinger (barb) contains formic acid.
well, i didn't are you allergic to bee's or lots of bees attacked you mabye they stung your cut or scrape or it was a fat mosquito who looked like a bee
I have never been stung by enything but I have heard that bees and wasps stings hurt
B/c the bee, as it stings, injects a venom that the body reacts to.
Bee stings can be very painful. This pain can be alleviated by placing an ice pack on the site of the sting. Tylenol can also be taken to reduce pain over time.
Bee sting or Nettle sting contains methanoic acid which causes painand irritation. When we use a weak base like baking soda on it we getrelief.
You could use a dock leaf if you have one.