In British English, "dependent" is an adjective. E xample: "He is dependent upon his mother." "He is drug-dependent." \n .
\n In British English, "depend…ant" is a noun. E xample: "He is a dependant." (For example, a welfare recipient is a dependant or ward of the state.) However, in American English, "dependent" is used as both the adjective and the noun. "Dependant," although officially an alternate spelling, is virtually non-existent in the U.S. ( Full Answer )
When you count on someone to do something for you. Example: You depend on your parents to give you food, water, shelter, clothing, and love. (There are some more things that …you depend on your parents for, I just typed the basic things.) ( Full Answer )
current technology requires thousands of molecules to preform macroscopic processes. even electrical circuits within a microchip are hundreds of atoms wide. nanotechnology on …the other hand makes practical use of each and every molecule, meaning much more technology can be crammed into the same space, or conversely technology can be crammed into much smaller space (think surgical robots which can be injected into the bloodstream and programmed to attack leukemia) ( Full Answer )
\nIt means that one service depends on another service(s), for instance, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is dependent from Workstation service. If Workstation service was …stopped RPC service will not work. ( Full Answer )
Gravity is dependent upon mass . The gravitational force between two objects is found by multiplying the mass of object 1 by the mass of object 2 by a gravitational constant,… and dividing by the square of the distance between the two objects. ( Full Answer )
A dependent clause is a clause (subject and predicate) that cannotform a sentence by itself. An example would be: "When I went to thestore" --this clause has a subject and ver…b, but the word "when"makes it dependent on more information. Another example would be"Although she felt sad"--it needs another clause to make it acomplete sentence. ( Full Answer )
Dependability is a value showing the reliability of a person to others because of his/her integrity, truthfulness, and trustfulness, traits that can encourage someone to depe…nd on him/her. ( Full Answer )
Producers are organisms, like plants and certain types of protists, which make their own food from the sun's energy. This process is called photosynthesis, in which the plant'…s/protist's cell(s) use their chloroplasts to convert sun energy into cell energy. This is the overall equation: . The producers are at the bottom of the food chain/web. Hope I helped! ( Full Answer )
For the purpose of FAFSA, a dependent student is anyone under age 24. Students may be considered independent if they are at least 24 years of age the day they fill out the FAF…SA documents or any of the following apply: .
Will be enrolled in a masters or Doctoral degree program at the beginning of the school year .
Married before or on the day of filing FAFSA .
Under 24, but is a parent .
Both parents are deceased or was a ward of the court until age 18, or a foster child after age 13. .
Currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces (other than training) .
Military veteran .
Minor emancipated by a court judge. .
"Homeless or at risk of homelessness as determined by the director of a HUD approved homeless shelter, transitional program, or high school liaison." Adapted from the Student Loan Network. For more information, see Related Links, below. ( Full Answer )
yes we are think about what computers are used in, to think of that u have to go back to the very definition of computers, and device that computes or can function independ…ently dependent on I/O devices examples: cars, cars computer regulate the air fuel mix in cars the also control the radio sat nav various sensors basically any car from 1992 onwards has a computer take it away an we have lost fuel injection. calculators, from basic 1+1 calculators to advances Texas Instruments graphing calculators, without computers calculators would be just abacuses and beads electronic traffic lights, without computers traffic lights would not function at all red yellow green, there would be nothing routers / hubs / switches / WI-FI access points, all these would not function, the internet would not exist even if we had computers if the routers were taken away there would be no internet. modern stereo systems, all hi-fi systems over $150 are computer controlled, without computers stereos would be limited to about 30 watts :( DO YOU GET THE POINT there would be no life without computers we try to say we control machines not the other way round, but in reality its the computers that have the power. what is going to happen when the computers/robots become self aware and be able to learn and make decisions for themselves ( Full Answer )
Depends on how you want to use it. They are homonyms - words that sound the same but mean different things. Depend e nt is an adjective meaning relying on someone or somet…hing else Depend a nt is a noun meaning someone who relies on someone(thing) else - The above answer is incorrect. Correct answer: Dependent is an adjective or a noun. Dependant is a variant spelling of dependent, used only as a noun. ( Full Answer )
Energy. Two objects with the same momentum can have different kinetic energy. Example - A 1 oz projectile at 1000 ft/s and a 10 oz projectile at 100 ft/s have the same moment…um. The lighter projectile has 10 times as much kinetic energy as the heavy projectile. Example - A 1 oz projectile at 1000 ft/s and a 100 oz projectile at 100 ft/s have the same kinetic energy. The heavier projectile has 10 times as much momentum as the lighter projectile. Momentum = m*v. Energy = (m*v*v)/2. ( Full Answer )
A dependent value is a value that relies on another value... it basically means what it says. For example, distance vs. time. There are two values. You're probably measurin…g how far something goes over time. Time isn't affected by distance - it doesn't matter if I'm running faster than the Flash or just standing on one spot - the same time passes by, thus time is the independent value. Distance, on the other hand, relies on time to get anywhere. If you're walking for 60 seconds, you will be further from your start point (assuming you don't turn around and walk back, but that has to do with vectors; let's stick to scalar values) than if you were to walk at the same speed for 6 seconds. Thus, distance is the dependent value. Quick note: when you're graphing, the dependent value is, by convention, always on the y axis. Don't forget! Good luck! ( Full Answer )
A file system exhibits structural dependence, which means that access to a file is dependent on its structure. For example, adding a customer date-of-birth field to the CUSTOM…ER, Given this change, none of the previous programs will work with the new CUSTOMER file structure. Therefore, all of the file system programs must be modified to conform to the new file structure. In short, because the file system application programs are affected by change in the file structure, they exhibit structural dependence. Conversely, structural independence exists when it is possible to make changes in the file structure without affecting the application programâs ability to access the data. ( Full Answer )
There are three things that motion depends upon. The first is the mass of the object that is to be set into motion. The second is the strength of the friction that is going up… against the object. The third is the strength of the gravity that is pulling upon the object. ( Full Answer )
Dependant probability is when the likelihood of one thing is affected by whether or not something else happened. For instance, when I go shopping, there's a 90% chance I'll g…o to the local shop, and there's a 10% chance I'll go to the bakers. If I go to the shop, there's 50% chance I'll buy a loaf of bread. If I go to the bakers, there's an 80% chance I'll buy a loaf of bread. The dependent probability is the chance I'll buy a loaf of bread. It depends on which shop I go to. ( Full Answer )