Asked in
Water Pumps
Dodge Ram
Ford Escape XLT
Ford F-250

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 pick-up 318; Is there an easy way to remove the bypass hose to the water pump?


User Avatar
Wiki User
September 05, 2005 12:04AM

Sadly no, there is no easy way to do this. 1. Remove air cleaner housing. 2. Disconect battery and all wires on the alt. and ac. 3. Remove the fan belt. 4. Remove the idler pulley(they cleverly hid a bolt behind it) 5. Unbolt the mounting frame for the ac and alt. and move it a side. 6. Change the hose. Good luck