Best Answer

IF her name is NOT on the TITLE or loan, it is YOUR car and you can take possession of your car. Be SURE she doesnt have a contract with you.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-14 16:07:04
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +5 pts
Q: A car is in your name but someone else has the car and was making pymts but since she stopped paying can you take the car back?
Write your answer...

Related Questions

Can they repossess cars just because you move out of state?

You are allowed to move anywhere. You have to be behind on pymts.

Can you go from having poor credit to excellent credit?

yes, but it takes time----pay off debts, don't take on new debt or allow credit to be checked and maintain current accts , not making any late pymts or using more than 40% of total available credit--dispute anything that is incorrect on report, especially negative information

Can you take ownership of a house from the current owner if their dead?

You should see if you can generate a quit claim dated before death from somewhere otherwise it will be tied up in probate forever unless you are related & have basis for a claim with proven pymts, etc.

How do you abort pregnant on your own?

Please don't attempt. it is dangerous even with the knowledge something could go wrong so trained personnel should be on stand by. It is not cost prohibitive & pymts may even be an option, so make some calls. Hope it works out for you.

Should you buy a SUV on eBay?

Only thru Ebay & not with a wire transfer. PP has a 10k limit, so that is another can of worms & you are not protected by VPP for split pymts. You should have it inspected by a service first. Overall, I think it's too much trouble when you can get anything out there locally.

Sued by a tenant for unlawful ouster was always late with rent Evicted him and he sued won - wd not pay him a lump sum so he is filing judgment in SC - do you have to pay lump sum after this or pymts?

Unless the court has ordered a payment plan or the tenant/judgment creditor has agreed to a payment plan, then you must pay the lump sum. Otherwise, the tenant/creditor may proceed with collecting the judgment, including garnishment.

You are trying to get out of your lease Under the amendments to the lease section says This lease will not be in effect until all pymts are made you have not made all the payments Is your lease valid?

What payments are you referring to? It sounds as if the clause refers to the preliminary payments that are often secured PRIOR to allowing the tenant to move in and the lease actually going into effect (i.e.: security deposit - pet deposit - utility deposits - etc). If you've been living there and the payments you are referring to are your rental payments - too late - the lease is already in full effect.

My kids have 30 days to save their home how can they do this and get their pymts lowered so they can afford it?

Call your states Housing authority for help loans or if they are in a variable rate checkout the FHASecure loan. Its very difficult to find an FHA Secure lender so contact FHA directly Another option would be to try to get a modification from the existing lending. With all the foreclosures banks are working out deals much more often then before. Ie reducing the rate, skipping some payment to catch up. I would checkout all three options. The work out with your lender is usually the best. Mortgage Loan Officer in PA

Is there any way to get someone to pay their share of a home equity loan if they are a co signer and stopped paying?

Lawsuits, man, lawsuits.

Is copyright a credit or debit in a journal entry?

It depends which side of the equation you're on: someone making money from copyright, or someone paying for a license.

When did people stop making half pennys?

Australian people stopped making Halfpennies in in 1965. British people stopped making predecimal halfpennies in 1968. British people stopped making decimal halfpennies in 1984. Irish people stopped making Halfpennies in in 1986. New Zealand people stopped making Halfpennies in in 1966.

What happened to attacktix?

Apparently they stopped paying their taxes.

How can you evict someone that has been renting from you and has stopped paying the rent?

You need to inquire at your local housing court. The clerks can advise you of the laws in your state regarding evictions.

How should someone get someone else to start repaying a bankruptcy settlement that they stopped paying?

Tell the BK administer for the court that the agreed payments have stopped. If he doesn't get in compliance quickly, they will drop his case, removing the stay on your being able to collect...and then you can proceed to attach and seize assets or garnish wages, etc

Why did the people of Green Bottle Street stop paying taxes in the short story the street that got milsaid?

they stopped paying taxes because the people stopped sending them notices about paying taxes for their house. eventually green bottle street got forgotten.

What if your landlord stopped paying his mortgage for a building you live in?

That has nothing to do with the tenant.

Who is paying for the diamond jubilee events?

they stopped a long time ago

Have people stopped making typewriters?


Is the Bratz ciompany done making Bratz?

Some people are saying that they have stopped making bratz dolls, but, they are still on the shelves. They have stopped making them :( and the stores can only sell whats left.They have not stopped making bratz it's just they do not make new ones often.

Have they really stopped making Inuyasha?

The series has been completed with Inuyasha the Final Act, so yes they have stopped making Inuyasha.

When did Germany stop paying reparations after World War 1?

Well They stopped paying it when Hitler was Chancellor, but then after WW2 they had to start paying it back again and finished in 2010.

When did GM stop making Pontiac's?

They stopped making Pontiac in 2010

Why did they stop making psvita?

Sony hasn't stopped making the PSVita.

What happens if you stopped paying credit cards and you own 2 condos with someone else?

Sorry, our crystal ball predicting the future is in the shoppe for repairs, so we cannot foretell what will happen.

When did Toyota stop making the supra?

I think by the year 2000 they stopped making Supras. As in they built the 1999 suprathen stopped. (I could be wrong)