Asked in

A female singer with the range in between a Tenor and a Soprano is called a?


User Avatar
Wiki User
November 26, 2010 5:40PM

an Alto

That's not entirely accurate. There are actually two female vocal types between tenor (not actually a female voice) and soprano. They are contralto, and mezzo-soprano.

This may be splitting hairs a bit, but Alto is not actually a voice type, but is instead a range of notes. The voice type that sings in the alto range is called contralto.