Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-02-26 18:29:45
2008-02-26 18:29:45

As the driver is a minor child, the Custodial Parent or other Custodial Entity is Financially Liable for the acts of the minor child. An auto accident may or may not be covered under the Custodians Auto insurance Policy depending on whether the child is covered or excluded from coverage on that Policy.


Related Questions

If a child has a driver's license, the child has to be listed as a driver somewhere on an insurance policy. The child can have their own policy and then the parents rates would not go up. Usually it is less expensive for a child to be listed on a parents policy rather than getting their own policy. If the child truly is not driving a household vehicle than the only way for that child to not be rated is to turn in the driver's license. That should be fine since the child "isn't driving anyway". The child can still get a state I.D. that isn't a driver's license. If the child isn't going to drive there is no reason to list them. The previous is correct, just should have gotten an I.D. and not a drivers license. It may depend on the country or state. Where I am the insurance company would have no way of knowning if someone in you house got a drivers license without you letting them know.

It depends on the insurance company, but I personally have never known of a company that would allow a parent to continue to carry insurance on a child after that child married, because at that point, you are no longer a 'dependant' of your parents.

Your license can be canceled if you do not have proof of insurance or if you have unpaid tickets or fines. Your license can also be canceled if you are behind in child support payments in Florida.

It depends, I am 20 and still on my parents insurance, But i am also a full time student. I also have to say that I am still living in my parents home.

No, the child needs to drive the other car. No, the child needs to drive the other car.

No, the unlicensed child is not covered under the parents policy unless that child is a scheduled driver on the parents policy. It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle on public roads with out a drivers license. Most parents already know that. It is also illegal to operate that vehicle on public roads without proof of financial responsibility. Fortunately the Parents are insured for acts of negligence in allowing the unlicensed child to illegally operate the vehicle. So basically the child is not a covered driver. Now the Insurance company will most likely pay a claim or loss if the unlicensed uninsured child has an accident. The claim would be paid not because the child was covered but rather the Insurer would be paying a negligence claim against the covered parents.

If it's on the golf course you don't need a license. That's entirely up to the parents.

Yes, there are some cases where a child of disabled parents can get a drivers license at the age of 14. The license is called a hardship license.

Check with your insurance company, but in most states they are covered under the parents' policy at no charge until they get their license. You should tell your insurance company that your child does have a permit to insure proper coverage Try this site where you can get quotes from different companies

That depends on weather or not your 17 year old has their insurance on the parents policy. It will go up if the child is on the parents policy, but if the child has their own policy, it won't. But it will be cheaper if the child is added on to the parents policy. My husband is a North Carolina State Trooper so I know alot about insurance. Also, call around and go online for the cheapest rates.

No, they can get their own car and insurance.But if you want them to drive your car, yes they must be added as an additional driver.

In order for your child to have insurance coverage, your child would need to be listed as a covered person on the policy, and a premium would need to have been collected for the child. Even if both parents are insured, if your child isn't on the policy and has not been considered as a portion of the premium, then there is no coverage.

Insurance is issued on the vehicle, not the driver. If your child, properly licensed, is driving with you in the front passenger seat, the vehicle and its passengers are covered.

There are quite a few benefits of having life insurance on a child. Beyond the obvious (life insurance benefit) there are other reasons why parents get life insurance policies for their children: cash accumulation for college funds for example.

Life insurance is even more important for single parents as they are likely the sole provider for their child(ren). Life insurance would help provide for them if something happened to the parent.

The one who has custody of the child. If the child stays at the other parents home part of the time and drives their vehicles then the child must also be listed as a driver on that parents policy.

As a minor you can not sue anyone, you need your parents to do so. And if you get abused at home you can call the Child Protective service or the police. If the physical altercation cause such damage you need surgery etc it would go on the health insurance your parents have and that you are on.

If you are capable of providing health insurance for your child and the other parent can not for what ever reason then yes, you can be required to provide coverage. Child support is supposed to be support to cover the expenses for the child divided between the parents. Clearly the child needs a health insurance. The cost can be a part of the child support or be added. Both parents have a obligation to make sure the child can get care. Usually child support only covers a smaller part of what a child's expenses are, not 50/50. Each state has child support guidelines that take health insurance costs into consideration.

A child care facility in a fitness center can operate without a license because the parents or caregivers are still in the same location. This would only apply if the parents or caregivers were to leave the location.

No. Emancipated children have no legal ties to their parents.

If your child has a license the insurance on the car will probably cover it. The company can take the position that they were not supposed to be driving it and are not covered in which case it would come back to you because the child is underage.

No, the insurance company will hold the money and will pay interest on proceeds until the child is of majority age in the state where the children were born.

That's up to a judge, but a driver's license is not a requirement or a right for the child. In 20 years, I've never seen it attempted.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.