Asked in Marriage, Estates

Are there any guidelines for wills when it's the second marriage for the man and the first for the woman and he had a child from the previous marriage?


User Avatar
Wiki User

There isn't a guideline, per se, but in most states, if the minor child is not taken care of in the will, the court will appoint a gaurdian and they will elect against the will. And the typical state rule says that half the estate will go to the spouse and the other half will go into trust for the children. You would have to consult a probate attorney in your state for the specific rules that apply.