Asked in

At what age can a child choose to live with the other parent in the state of Washington?


User Avatar
Wiki User
November 06, 2009 6:58PM

The answer is that a "child", meaning a person under the age of 18, can never in the state of Washington choose with which parent they wish to live. It is purely between the parents and the courts, the child is not even consulted (verified in July 2009 in Snohomish County with a 17 year old son wishing to change his primary residence).