Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-12-26 23:34:25

At 18 a person is an adult and can move where they wish.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

If there is a visitation order or if you were once married to whom you had a child with you can not move with out concent from a judge. You have to file the request to move and they have to notify the other parent of your request. The other parent has the right to fight you from being able to move and it is up to the judge if he or she chooses to fight you from moving. The judge will decide what is in the best interest for the child.

If that is what the parent wants, they can do so. The parent can decide where the minor lives.

Only with the parents permission. At age 12 you are not allowed to decide for yourself.

Well first try telling your parent why you want to get out. Discuss it with them. If they still say no. Ask them why.

no you do not have to have parent consent if you are 18 years old you are a legal adult and can do what you please.

Yes, a twelve year old can move in with the other parent.

As long as you are a minor your parents will decide where you live. So if you when you are of legal age want to move to the other parent and they are willing, then you can move. In Idaho it's at 18yo.

With the consent of the courts, then yes. You don't get to decide for yourself where you want to live until you're 18.

After 18 in most states, 21 in Mississippi. or with emancipation.

it shouldnt matter. if the parent has custidy and the other dont and there is no visitation rights then then yes the perant can move

Generally the custodial parent needs the permission of the court to move out of state/country. The consent of the other parent will make the process easier.

The age of majority in Mississippi is actually 21, or until you can support yourself, however I believe you could move out at 18. I think you can move out of your parents home at the age of 17, but you can not move out of the state until your 18 in mississippi. Mississippi's Age of Majority is 21 . Until they reach that age the parent is responsible for them legally and financial. The Miss.Code.Ann.

12 to move in with your other parent ADDED: U:nfortunately, at your age, you cannot make such a choice. The court has made the decision as to who they believe is the best parent to supervise your upbringing, support and education.

If the parent who wants to move is the parent with physical custody the move will be easier with the consent of the non-custodial parent. The court will seek their consent. If they do not consent then there will be a hearing. There are circumstances when the court will allow the move, however, there must be a very good reason. If allowed, the court will modify the visitation schedule to make certain the non-custodial parent will continue to enjoy as much time with the child as possible. On the other hand the court may decide that a change in physical custody is appropriate if the parent who wants to move far away is doing it for a new job that is not exactly necessary or for a new marriage. You should consult with an attorney who specializes in custody issues.

Unless you have a divorce agreement which specifically states that you cannot move to a different location without the consent of the other parent, then yes, you are free to move.

It depends on the state you live in and what the laws are that govern that state. In most cases, the child can not just live with one parent, because the custody belongs to the other parent. That child can wait until the age of 18, to move-in with the other parent or that child can ask the court to move with the other parent.

Well, if court says your child does not have to ever see the other parent then yes. But if not then no.

Minors have no choice in what parent they stay or live with. This has been decided by the court.

Certainly if the parents give you permission. Otherwise you have to wait until you are an adult at 18.

Depends on why the parent is non-custodial. If he is unfit they can not. The court usually listen to a teen that old but there are no guarantees they will decide on his favor.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.