Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-09-03 21:53:27

See related question, but you do not want to complain to family services, as the child will simply be put into foster care, than returned to the custodial parent. In less than 15% of the cases do they give the child to the other parent. The other parent will need to collect evidence and file a custody challenge. The child has the right to an opinion, but not to choose.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

When that child turns 18, he or she can choose to live with the noncustodial parent.

Children who are at an age of understanding, and able to make informed decisions for themselves (to a point) can choose to reduce or stop visitation. If possible, the custodial parent can petition the court to modify the custody and visitation with the request of the teenager, and the Judge may want to ask the teen some questions regarding their choice.

unless the judge thinks that the child's visit with the non-custodial parent is in any way harming the child in question, then a child must wait until they are 18 to choose not to see the non-custodial parent

no they can't choose what parent they live with until they are at least 16. but if one is being abusive then you could probably live with the other one.

18 is the age at which the child gets to decide. Until then if the non-custodial parent has court-ordered visitation, it must be followed. If there's a valid reason the child does not want to visit the non-custodial parent, then the custodial parent can go to order and request that the court modify the visitation order. But be aware that the court will not do that without a very valid reason.

The child doesn't really have that choice. If the child has a lawyer acting as his or her advocate in custody proceedings, an argument can be made for the child's interests at that point. Otherwise, the parents must agree as a part of their custodial arrangement.

No there is no need for the child to go to Texas.

As long as you are a minor you are not allowed to choose.

As long as you are a minor you are not allowed to choose.

A child has to be at least 12 years old to choose a custodial parent.

He can choose whatever he likes, but if he actually does it, he'll get in trouble and his non-custodial parent will get in trouble for letting him.

A minor child may not choose to live with the non-custodial parent. The non-custodial parent can go to court to have the custody order modified, but the only age at which a child is free to choose which parent they want to live with is the one at which they're no longer a minor.

You need parental consent to move until you are 18.

Maybe, if the absent parent does not share custody in any manner and there is not a visitation order in place, a custodial parent can take whatever action he or she chooses in regards to a minor child. However, courts do not look favorably upon any parent who does not allow the other parent to have a relationship with his or her minor child/children unless there is substantiated reasons (child abuse, endangerment, etc.) for the action. A parent who is being denied access to his or her child/children can file suit for visitation and/or custodial rights if they so choose.

No, it's up to the court. However, the non custodial parent would traditionally become the custodial parent. The parent should always have first right to their child!

As long as you are a minor you are not allowed to decide who you will live with.