Best Answer

Not without parental consent as long as you are a minor.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2011-09-30 12:54:03
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can a 16 year old child choose to move out of custodial parent home and move in with a non custodial parent?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

In the state of Texas if you are seventeen and your parent is receiving child support does the child have to live at home for parent to continue child support?

Yes. Child support is for the "custodial parent". If you are not living at home with your custodial parent, then they are no longer eligible to receive child support. However, the non-custodial parent can request a modification if the child is no longer living with the custodial parent and that includes a change of custody. A 17 yr old is not emancipated in Texas, unless proper procedures through the courts have taken place. If that is the case, then the custodial parent and child are no longer eligible for child support.

Can a non-custodial parent refuse to send a child home?

No, a non-custodial parent cannot refuse to send a child home if their visiting times are outlined in a court document. If the non-custodial parent does that, it is contempt of court and they could get fined and even do jail time.

In Washington state how old does a child have to be to move from custodial parent to the non custodial parents home?

18see link

Can the custodial parent put the child in a separate home away from the rest of the family?

Yes, if it's the home of the other parent.

If the child leaves the custodial parents home does the noncustodial parent still pay the custodial parent support?

Yes, until the court order is modified.

What do you do if the non custodial parent is not providing adequate living space for the child?

make the home comfortable for the child make the at home

Can you prevent the non custodial parent from spending the night with unmarried partner with child in the home?


Will a non-custodial parent get into legal trouble if they let their child live with them because the child refuses to go home to the custodial parent?

That parent would be in violation of a court order, so yes, they would be in trouble. The adult makes the decisions, not the child. The child should be put into a car and driven home.

Does a noncustodial parent have the right to make a minor child take out a facial piercing in their home?

That depends on what agreement you have with the custodial parent. If it's a hot topic I would suggest the custodial parent deal with it.

In Texas what age can a child stop going to the noncustodial parent for visitiation?

When they move out of the custodial parent's home see links

If custodial parent in Pennsylvania remarries can their new spouse's income be included for child support?

The income of a spouse of a custodial parent, can be used in determing a portion of the child support. Because the spouse of a custodial parent is most likely contributing to the expense of the house, utilities and such, the non custodial parent may be intitled to a reduction in support.. this is usually a case that has to be heard by a judge. the income of a non custodial spouse can not be used as they are not contributing to the expenses of the home the children live in. If you think about it, this makes sense. a non custodial parent is paying their share based on the over all expense of the custodial parents home and income.. if the custodial parent is not paying for a portion of those expenses, then an non custodial parent should not have to pay them either.

What laws would force a 15-year-old to return to the custodial parent's home if they ran away to the non-custodial parent's home?

It depends on the state, but most states have a certain age set where the child can decide which parent they want to live with. Usually, it is around 13 or 14, but it can be different. If your child hasn't reached that set age, then they must continue to live with the custodial parent.

People also asked