Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

Can a 16yr pregnant teen move in with boyfriend if parents give permission?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-02-25 14:30:53
2012-02-25 14:30:53

Yes she can since she has their permission. Or if she has obtained an order of emancipation from the court. Just being pregnant does not change the requirements to move out.

User Avatar

Related Questions

If her parents give her permission to. Otherwise, she lives where the parents say she lives.

Since you are a minor you have to obey your parents so no.

Being pregnant/having a child does not emancipate a minor. You are still subject to the rules and control of your parents until you turn 18.

With their parent's permission. Otherwise they will have to wait until they are both 18 or older.

No. A few years it was possible, but GA has since changed the law (and frankly, I think they should have changed it long before they did). Now minors must have parental consent in order to marry, even if they're pregnant.

She needs to get her parents consent or wait until she is 18yo. She is not fulfilling the requirments for early emancipation.

I dont Think so ... But The 16yr SHouldnt because it can led him on a horrible life ...

{| |- | The age of majority in Minnesota is 18. There is not an emancipation statute in Minnesota. Until they reach the age of 18, they will require parental permission to move out. Getting permission to move out is about the only option. |}

I sure hope not, but I think if all four parents are cool with it then this might occur.

The court will not emancipate just because you are pregnant but you can apply if you fill the requirements of living on your own, having an income, finish school and paying all your bills etc,

Yes but if the minor is below age of consent and you have sex it will be statutory rape.

as far as i know of the law, with parents consent you are allowed to date an older man even though ur underage, and with parents conent it is even legal.

It depends on the location. In my state, the 18 year old could be charged with sex with a minor.

If you're in the US, the only thing that matters is if it's allowed in the state where you are a legal resident, because even if it were allowed in another state, you couldn't travel there and get it done (they wouldn't marry you). Check the laws of your state.

If the 16yr old was regular and then missed one randomly - she could be pregnant. If she has only just started, it is common for periods to be missed, late, early etc.

In some states, this would qualify as statutory rape. In other states, this may not be a legal issue. Check your state's statutes for age of consent laws.

Parents can leave property to minors in their wills. The court will appoint a trustee to hold the property in trust for the child. They will then take control when they are 18, or at the time the will specifies.

If you own them, then yes.

yess 16yr is to young"/ x

Your pregnancy is against you. The fact that you allowed yourself to become pregnant so young is unlikely to help convince a judge that you will be a responsible adult at your age. In general you need to convince a judge that you are responsible, stable, and able to support yourself without assistance. Being mad at your parents is not enough. Should you want to pursue emancipation, you should contact a family law lawyer in your area for assistance.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.