Abduction and Kidnapping

Can a 17-year-old move out in Michigan without parental consent or would that be kidnapping?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2006-10-03 16:56:31

A person cannot kidnap themselves. The underage person would be

considered an absentee minor and the parents could obtain a court

order to have the minor returned to their custody. The other option

would be for them to request the court to relieve them of their

parental responsibilities leaving the decision of what action

should be taken (if any) to the presiding judge.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.