Best Answer

Yes, even two non-citizens with visas can get married. Just bring your visa and passport to the county courthouse and register for a lisense.


You can get married, but you cant have the status of the non-immigrant adjusted if you get married in the USA without going through the proper K1 Visa process.

Here is information on how to obtain a K1 Fiancee Visa

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2010-04-25 03:04:13
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can a US citizen legally marry a person who is in the country with a tourist visa?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Can a US citizen legally marry a person who is in the country with a tourist visa but a tourist visa has expired for years?

Can a us citizen marry a person who has a expired student visa?

Can you marry someone who has a tourist visa and is married to the Philippines?

If the person is already married in the Philippines, that marriage would have to be legally annulled first. You can then marry the person even if she or he has a tourist visa. As long as you are a legal citizen of the U.S.A, your new wife or husband will automatically become a citizen as well.

What is an international tourist?

It is a person who is a foreigner (not a citizen) who tours a country not native to that person.tourist travelling to and between foreign countries

What is the definition of tourist?

A tourist is a person that travels in a place or country with a purpose to enjoy the scenery or experience its culture. And if a tourist wants to get married to a native citizen, he/she will have to undergo a lot of examinations and interviews.

What is an example of international tourist?

It is a person who is a foreigner (not a citizen) who tours a country not native to that person. For example a German sight seeing in London England

Who is domestic tourist?

a domestic tourist is a person who travels in his/her country

Can US citizen marry a person whose tourist visa expired?

No, the person is now considered to be within the U.S. illegally and he or she will have to return to their country of origin voluntarily or be deported.

If an illegal marrys a us citizen does the illegal person hace to go to native country?

An illegal resident can not legally get married in the US. In order to obtain an Marriage License, you must be able to prove that you are either a US citizen or here legally.

What is a citizen of Rome?

A citizen of Rome is typically a person who was born and raised in Rome. However, if a person moved to Rome and has the legal documents to prove they are a citizen, this person is also legally considered a citizen of Rome.

Can a person who came into the US legally on a visitor's visa that is now expired petition for adjustment ot status through her US citizen husband?

Yes, a person who entered the country legally may adjust status from within the US. If the person leaves the country before the process is complete,

What happens if a Trinidad and Tobago citizen married a US citizen and obtained citizenship as a single person after?

If a person from a foreign country obtains citizenship legally, they are a legal citizen of the United States. Former marriages for the purpose of obtaining a green card would have no bearing on this.

If a person enters the country illegally then falls in love can he legally marry that person and then stay in the US?

No, they are here illegally and will be until they get a green card or register as a u.s. citizen

What is a person called who is not a us citizen but becomes one legally?

a mexican

What is the difference between a resident citizen and national citizen?

A national citizen is the person that owes allegiance to a state or a country. A residential citizen is a person that is born within a country or a state.

If you marry a person whom is not a us citizen in another country is it legal in the us?

Marriages which are legally performed and valid abroad are also legally valid in the United States, citizenship is another matter.

What is a citizen of the US?

A person borne in the US or a person born overseas to american (US) parents. A person who was not a US citizen but has legally become a citizen of the US, following the legal process for doing this.

How do you marry girlfriend in US on tourist visa?

They have to become citizens of that country to marry that person. As long as she came to the US legally, and has proofnoprior marriage (proof of divorce) you can marry her in the US or her home country. It would be easier to marry her in the US and apply for I-485 status adjustment. They do not have to be a citizen of the country as stated above. You should still consult an immigration lawyer. Unless you are on the tourist visa, then rolls simply change. You need to file for I-485, and your US citizen spouse needs affidavit of support and other forms of documents.

A term for a person living in a country who is not a citizen of that country?


What document authorizes a person to in the country legally?

a green card is what authorizes a person to be in a country

What does tourist mean to a country?

the word tourist means a person on vacation to a state it does not live on. For example : When i went to Hawaii i was a tourist

Can a person with US tourist visa marry a Canadian citizen in the US?

Yes, if they get a marriage license.

Who is a person born in another country but has become a US citizen?

naturalized citizen

Can an illegal immigrant remain in the us legally?

only if the person marries a US citizen

Who is a person living in a country who is not yet a citizen?

An Alien

Is a person born in a foreign country of a mother that is a US citizen and a father that is not a US citizen a US citizen?