Certainly. This is why the US 2008 NEC requires "Tamper Resistant" receptacles to be installed. These receptacles attempt to prevent foreign objects being inserted into the slots. A normal plug will press into all slots at once, resulting in normal connection to the outlet. If a child attempts to put something into one slot, there is a guard blocking the slot.
If the child was grounded (i.e. with one finger in the "ground" prong of the outlet), he would be even more electrically conductive since part of his body is near ground voltage.
If the child is holding a metal key or a metallic screwdriver, most definitely yes.
Even the "neutral" side of the outlet is not necessarily at the same voltage as the earth the child is standing on. Children are even more at risk because they are more likely to have sweat or other conductive compounds on their hands to decrease their electrical resistance.
IMPORTANT!! It only take a tenth of an amp to cause death. A study of body resistances several years ago found resistances in some people so low that a mere 30 volts could cause 0.1 amp to go through the body. If you have children in the house, I recommend that you have outlet protectors inserted into the outlets.
The phrase "electrical shock hazard" means that there is a risk of electrical shock.
Residential electrical receptacles are by design inherently safe from the occasional paper clip, screwdriver, etc. poke-in from our average kids. Most homes built after 1984 in the US have 2 "blade" prongs and one "rounded" prong. Each prong has a specific function: the "blade" prongs provide the ability for current transfer, to a device, or to a person. Both of these blades must be touched simultaneously to power a device, or produce an electrical shock.
Additionally, touching the "line" blade and the "ground" (rounded) blade can also produce current transfer and hence an electrical shock. Of the line and neutral blades, the neutral blade can be identified as the larger of the two.
Homes built before 1984 typically do not have the ground (rounded) blade and the two straight blades are commonly the same size.
Troubleshooting electrical problems in one of these homes is best left to a licensed professional.
It is a potential shock hazard.
You bet it will.
In terms of electricity:Grounding is putting a conductor from the circuit directly to earth. Guarding is putting some cover or barriers to live electrical wire, outlet or any conductor that are exposed to prevent physical contact that may result to electrical shock.
If your radio plugs into the wall outlet for power, then there are points inside it that would shock you if you were to touch them.
Putting the Shock Into 'Earthshock' - 2003 V is rated/received certificates of: UK:PG (DVD rating)
You conduct electricity better if you are wet.
Ask your mother to stop you biting dangerous things.
Yes, provided the outlet has a three element receptacle. The third prong is ground. If you use an adapter that connects three prongs to a two slot outlet there is a shock danger.
Do not use an adapter. You need a properly wired outlet for a washing machine. A shock could kill you.
No it will just wear its self out after a while
Want to live without a SHOCK? . . . Never BLOCK an open outlet, it WILL SCHOK!
Not by the cord, but by the plug itself that is flush against the outlet. Don't stick anything metal down between the plug and the outlet slots otherwise you will get a very bad shock!
Do not touch the child before analyzing the heart rhythm so the AED will not pick up your heart rhythm. Do not touch the child before delivering a shock so you will not be shocked.
Yes you can add shock solution to your swimming pool after or at the same time as a clarifyer. You should not swim in your pool for at 4 hours after shocking it.
replace in pairs buy a set there ball sockets on vehicle top and bottom to connect shock over it.. the shock has a clip in back of the hole where a flat small screwdriver will slide in to pull the clip back, just a little, far enough to fully open the hole. slip the shock over the ball and pull the screwdriver out of the clip itll clip/clamp the ball and secure the shock. long black shock body to hood, silver shock rod to frame side. the shocks ends pivot/swivel to attach/angle . hold the hood up with stick, pull clips back to get shocks off and new ones on.
If your getting a shock by touching a wall than you have a bare wire touching the wall, call an electrition
yes. it is illegal in all the states. but is legal in international waters
about 50% or more
No it can't; you must use adult AED pads for an adult & child AED pads for a child.
A barn outlet should have water resistant covers. Great care should be taken to insure proper grounding since farm animals are more sensitive to shock than humans and the chance of standing water is greater in a barn which poses a greater risk of electrocution.
Ground Fault Circuit Interupter is used where the electric circuit needs to be instantly interrupted...like in the bathroom where an appliance might fall in the water, or an exterior outlet that might get wet in the rain...to prevent electric shock.
You need to stop dangerous experiments with live electricity.
Because the battery is only putting out a little over 12 volts DC. It takes allot of voltage DC to actually shock you. Plus you are not grounded very good.
The shock would probably kill you! So don't even think about doing such a stupid thing!