Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2014-09-18 00:21:57

The answers are yes. In most cases a student can be insured within the state in which he resides and attend s university. It is standard procedure to change drivers licenses.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Still Have Questions?

Related Questions

Is it necessary for a college student to have auto insurance coverage when they do not drive?

No, Auto Insurance is required to Operate a motor vehicle on public roads, If the College student does not drive, then it is not necessary to have auto insurance nor is it necessary for them to have a drivers license.

What is provisional license insurance?

Provisional license insurance is a cheap car insurance that is mostly for young drivers. These are especially made for student drivers as well.

What are the consequences to not having car insurance in Texas for a student driver?

Insurance is mandatory for all drivers in Texas. Student drivers may be insured on their parent's policy, but this is not always so. If you are stopped and do not have insurance, you may be fined, have your license suspended, or have your vehicle seized.

Where to Find inexpensive car insurance for college student?

Inexpensive car insurance for a college student can be found by having the student's insurance on the parent's policy. Some states allow for the parent to have a college student on their insurance until they graduate.

Is auto insurance for college students expensive?

Insurance companies usually charge more for younger drivers than they do older, more experienced drivers. It doesnt really have anything to do with whether or not they are in college. There are some insurance companies that offer a discount for being a good student, usually with grades of "B" or better.

Where can you get car insurance for student drivers in New Jersey?

State Farm combines low rates with discounts to provide cheap car insurance for student drivers. You can search for the company agent to discuss the procedure.

What is the minimum age to get a drivers license in CA?

16 I believe. I think you can get a student learners license at 15 though.

Should high school students that are failing lose their drivers license?

From a practical and fair perspective high school students that are failing should not lose their drivers license. A drivers license could be essential to keeping a job and any punishment would unfairly impact a working student and their family. However good grades are rewarded by some car insurance companies who offer discounts for students with good grades.

How much will it cost to insure a student driver in Texas?

Young people, including college students are typically looking for the cheapest auto insurance. State Farm combines low rates with discounts to provide cheap car insurance for young drivers. The Following factors affect the cost of car insurance for young drivers.

Where can a college student go to find information on health insurance?

College students can find information regarding student health insurance on several websites, these are UHCSR, Compare Health plans, Web Crawler and E Health Insurance.

On which website can I receive an auto insurance quote for student drivers in NYC?

The generic auto insurance quote sites don't seem to take student drivers into account. You had best go to your preferred provider's site and see if their quote engine includes it.

Is student health insurance offered by most colleges?

Most colleges nowadays offer students health insurance which can be incorporated into their college tuition, however, a lot of these insurance requires students to either be employed by the college or be a full-time student.

Which companies provide car insurance for young Drivers?

Most insurance companies have special insurances for student and young licensed drivers. Among them are State Farm, Nationwide, Progressive, and Geico.

is insuring a student in Florida who is driving expensive?

No, Allstate has a special insurance plan designed to target young drivers, such as college students, and first time drivers. It's a cheap and affordable monthly rate plan that is made for even the lowest income.

How can you get student travel insurance?

You should start at your university/college and check out its resources for student travel insurance. Often, you can ask the exchange program for more information. If your school does not provide insurance, you can buy insurance from private insurance companies as well.

Do they sell car insurance for student drivers?

As a young driver you will generally be required to pay higher car insurance premiums than older and more experienced drivers however this does not means its impossible to find affordable car insurance coverage from car insurance companies.

How many days can a student under 16 miss before his license gets taken away in Florida?

how many days can a student under 18 miss school before his drivers license is taken away

Do student drivers need auto insurance?

The answer to this question is YES the student driver needs auto insurance because it is a requirement by the law that every driver, whether student or not, needs insurance. If you contact your insurance agent you will find out for the most part that the student driver needs to be listed on the insurance policy but they are not charged any fees until they become a full licensed driver. This was the advise that I had received from my insurance company, which is Met Life.

Can i go to college and still get health insurance?

Yes, if you are still working at the job that provides the insurance. When I was in college the health center offered a cheap student health insurance. Check and see if yours does.

What are the accepted forms of id for alcohol at Yankee stadium?

Drivers License, Student ID, State issued ID.

What is the price of car insurance for a student driver?

The price for insurance for a college differs. It would depend on the car as well or mainly.

Can you send a high school student to jail for speeding?

Off course, you most certainly can. I don't see why a high school student should be an acceptance to the rule. Law is law, and it applies on everyone. That is the beauty of it. However, for speeding, the fine is penalty points on your drivers license or if the student was speeding really high, then they can have their drivers license banned for a minimum of 6 months.

Where can a college student apply for car insurance?

State Farm offers young driver and student car insurance providing low rates and discounts. In several states college students are actually still covered by their parents insurance polices but if a student isn't covered by their parents or wishes to get their own they can get a quote and apply online at State Farm.

Find Affordable Insurance Rates For Florida Student Drivers?

Florida law requires vehicle operators to carry insurance. This applies to teenagers as well as adults. Parents of student drivers need to prepare for higher insurance rates once the child obtains his or her license. There are a few things parents can do to reduce this price hike. Adding the child to a policy that includes all types of protection is a good idea. Shopping on the Internet for a better deal is worth the time it takes. Making sure the insurance company knows in advance that a student driver will be using the family car is highly advised.Student Drivers Are High RiskIn Florida there are laws that prohibit teenage student drivers from operating a motor vehicle unless an adult is occupying the front passenger seat. While the student is in possession of a learner's permit the insurance companies generally do not raise premiums. But when the child obtains a driver's license he or she is automatically placed in a high-risk category. Statistics gathered by law enforcement and insurance boards in Florida confirm what most people already know. Teenage drivers are more likely to cause an accident resulting in property damage and personal injury. For this reason insurance rates are much higher for teen drivers. At the same time insurance companies are well aware that raising rates too far will result in an increase of uninsured youngsters on the roadways.Discounts Offered For Student Drivers In FloridaStudents who have excellent academic marks are often given a discount on insurance. Most insurance providers have obtained evidence that these kids are more mature and take the responsibility of operating a motor vehicle seriously. If the child has completed a driver education course or a defensive driving class while in the possession of a learner's permit, rates for insurance will perhaps be slightly less expensive.If the car used by the student driver is fully insured with collision, comprehensive and personal injury protection, insurance costs will still increase to some degree. The amount of liability insurance covering a new driver must meet the same minimum as for an adult. This means that personal injury protection and property damage protection carried by the parents must be extended to the teenage driver once he or she has obtained a driver's license.Combining All Insurance PoliciesIf all licensed drivers in the household are covered by the same insurance company the rates will likely decrease somewhat. Of course moving homeowner's or life insurance to the same provider is also a strategy worth investigating. Most importantly, Florida drivers should take advantage of online comparison sites that offer quotes from competing providers. This will not necessarily result in insurance rates for student drivers that are equal to what the parents once enjoyed but does offer the best chance of locating the lowest overall prices.

How does someone apply for student insurance at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln?

If you are looking health insurance coverage for a college student, you have several choices. You can try your current health insurance company or contact the school office to sign up for the schools insurance program.

Still have questions?

Trending Questions
How to Make Money Online? Asked By Wiki User
Best foods for weight loss? Asked By Wiki User
Unanswered Questions
How old is zak beggans? Asked By Wiki User
Does arsenio hall have ms? Asked By Wiki User