Children and the Law
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

Can a father working at an elementary school with shared parental responsibility enroll his child without the ex-spouse's consent?

User Avatar
Wiki User
July 14, 2015 4:07PM

If you have shared custody, I think you both have to agree upon where the child goes, especially since education is a major decision. Is the elementary school far away from each parent's residence? Why wouldn't the ex-spouse want the child to attend the school where the father works? Whatever is better for the child should be the decision. I wish I could work in the same school as my children-what a great opportunity!