Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims
Auto Accidents
Civil Lawsuits

Can a person at fault in an accident be taken to small claims court for damage to the other person's car?



User Avatar
Wiki User

Yes, you certainly can if you do not have insurance to cover the damage. If the damages are over a certain amount ($500 in most jurisdictions) you can be sued in a regular civil court. And there you will not be going one-on-one with the plaintiff. He will have the best lawyer YOUR money can buy.