Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2015-06-02 00:15:06
2015-06-02 00:15:06

Disability has nothing to do with your life insurance. These are two different things.


Related Questions

statue of limitations for filing suit against bad faith disability payments

Go to the SSA gov website and choose DISABILITY at the top in the middle of the page Social Security Disability Insurance Program Apply for disability benefits Apply Online for Disability Benefits

You can receive both. I am not able to provide a more detailed answer because I do not know what state you work in and would be receiving disability benefit payments from. If you are eligible, you should file a claim with your state, and your group disability insurance carrier. The benefit payments that you receive through the state will be offset from the benefit payments that you receive through the group disability insurance carrier. When you file your disability claim through the group disability insurance carrier, make sure to tell them that you have filed for your state's disability benefit and what the claim's status is. This is of course assuming you are filing a claim; otherwise this is just FYI.

Short term disability will pay benefits for a defined period of time, provided you are unable to work due to medical reasons.Social Security Disability will cover you if you are permanently disabled. You can collect both. Your private coverage may offset the SSD benefit.

You can file a claim against your insurance company for an action caused by another person with no insurance if you are covered for such an occurance. An example would be if you had uninsured motorist coverage and were hit by someone without auto insurance. However if you want to file a 'claim' against the person directly who has no insurance there is no one to file the claim against. The only alternative here is to sue the person in court.

You have to file for disability at the Social Security Disability website.

yes you do have to file state disability in order to get short term disability.

Yes, you can file a suit again your own insurance company. If you do file suit against them, they may drop you.

It is possible to file bankruptcy when receiving VA disability.

you can either find a disability attorney to assist you or call and file an appeal claim directly with the short term disability. Is this for Workmen's comp or a federal disability like SSDI or with a insurance company like Aflac?

Disability Income is taxable if your employer paid the premiums for the Disability Insurance or if you paid it through a pretax plan. The best way to know if you have to file the income is if you receive a Tax form such as a 1099 or a W-2 form showing the amount then you will have to file this as income. Disability income is not earned income for the purposed of Earned Income Credit and such.

Whether a vertebra fracture qualifies a person for disability depends on to what degree if affects their ability to work and to earn a living. If the person can still work after they recover, they may not get disability. Disability is not determined by the injury, it is determined by how much it affects you.

You should not need an attorney to file for lon-term disability. Your insurance company and your doctor should be able to coordinate and verify that you qualify for this benefit. Your company might also have an HR representative who can help.

You will have to file taxes to report the alimony. If you receive a form reporting the disability you will need to file this as well.

this website can tell you and give you everything you need to file a dissability claim there are many other great websites which you can print diisability insurance forms from

Yes. For more information you might want to check out the links on the right. If you injury was work related in the first place, I'm not sure why didn't file a worker's compensation claim. If you do file a worker's comp claim, the disability insurance company will likely want to collect much of the money you receive because typically worker's comp is an offset or an exclusion from disability plans.

Disability Insurance Yes, Workers Comp. No because your pregnancy is not a result of your job unless you were raped there.

Insurance polices and carriers differ. A person would need to contact their insurance company to see how long they have to file a claim. In Oregon, a person has up to 10 years to file a personal injury lawsuit in court for a car accident.

Check your policy for details. Many private short term disability policies have language specifying how benefits are paid when unemployed.The best way to get a definitive answer is to file a claim.

You can file a claim with both, but you may not be paid twice. State disability programs typically pay benefits for only 6 or 12 months, then the benefits end. Social security has a five month waiting period before benefits begin.

Your question can be interpreted in two ways, so I'll answer them both: The first answer assumes you want to know how to apply for COVERAGE (as in, "How do I get a short term disability insurance policy?"). My advice is to contact an independent insurance broker in your area specializing in life and health lines of coverage (of which disability insurance is a subset) and ask them for quotes and advice. The National Association of Health Underwriters has a "find an agent" feature that may help in this (in related links). The second answer assumes you want to know how to apply for BENEFITS (as in, "How do I file a short term disability claim with my existing disability insurance company?"). Most disability carriers make it very easy to file a claim on your policy. You should contact them to get the necessary paperwork, or if you went through a broker to buy your coverage you may want to talk to them instead. If you have coverage through your employer you should talk to your HR department or your supervisor on how to file a claim. Many group short term disability plans offer telephonic filing or online filing, which makes the process even easier.

It's difficult to tell what you're really asking in this question.Scenario 1If you're currently receiving disability benefits and working without violating a private insurance policy's rules or government regulations, then you're not required to reveal your disability status and there is no real way for the employer to access your medical records.If you apply for health insurance benefits through this employer, you would probably have to reveal pre-existing conditions to the insurance carrier. This information should not have to include your disability status.Scenario 2If you want to file a disability claim against a private insurance policy purchased through your new employer, there's no way you can hide it because the insurance company will need to verify certain qualifying information with the Human Resources department. You will also be bound by the contract you signed with the insurance company, which may include a provision against working and drawing disability at the same time.Scenario 3If you receive a monthly Social Security Disability (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) check, and you engage in Substantial Gainful Activity (SGA) by earning more than $1,000 per month ($1,640, if blind), and you are terminated from disability, your employer may find out if the government garnishes your paycheck for overpayment of benefits.

It would depend on your disability insurance plan. Some plans exclude work-related disabilities. If your plan excludes work-related disabilities, then you would initially be denied through your disability insurance. You should still file a claim with them however. If your Worker's Compensation claim ends up being denied though, you could then forward a copy of the denial letter to your disability insurance carrier for review of possible approval. If your plan does not exclude work-related disabilities, then you would be able to file both claims. You would just want to make sure that when filing, each carrier knew about the other. Keep in mind, the benefit you receive through Worker's Compensation will be a direct offset to the benefit provided by the disability insurance.

You would have to file for disability Legally they are two separate systems. One (unemployment) is temporary and the other (disability) is long term.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.