Can a person sue for bullying and mental anguish?

After reading your comments on the discussion page, you need to see a personal injury attorney (preferably one who regularly handles in school-related issues) immediately. It is truly an outrage that the school has stood idle while your son has had to endure daily bullying. Any good personal injury will be happy to give you a free consultation so you can discuss your particular situation and your state's laws.