Most TV sets don't draw enuff current to make an extension cord unusable. The real problem is getting which kid to confess to throwing that heavy toy at the screen which caused the implosion. OK, maybe it wasn't the kid--your kids must be as perfect as mine--but it is very, very likely that the screen got scratched somehow, and after a couple hundred heat cycles (on, off, on off, etc, you get the idea) the scratch went all the way thru and the implosion resulted. Anyway, about extension cords...they are manufactured and used by the millions every year and you don't see any law suits about using them. So go ahead and use the extension cord on the TV, the biggest danger is tripping over it.
appliances are not made to run on extension cords that is why they have there own cord it is more likely you got a power surge and did not have surge strip
I was wondering the same thing? It seems noone has so far wrote an article about this so it seems impossible however it is questionable , right? cause that kind of an explosion would provide glass parts flying everywhere not being stopped by cutting the man watching the tv at the moment in any possible way..... just like a grenade encased ina glass bottle exploded except you do not feel the blast of the grenade but rather the shatterting glass flying toward you cutting you to pieces like a butchers knife
No. An extension cord cannot make your TV explode. The danger of extension cores is that they have resistance. When current is flowing through them this parasitic resistance makes the cord itself consume power, which it dissipates as heat. If the current is great enough, the power comsumed by the cord makes the cord hot enought to cause a fire hazard.
Also, the tv's don't "explode" they IMPLODE
Yes explosions launch debris outwards.....tv'c ALWAYS implode, launching debris inwards. Very little debris will be outside of tv if any. Tvs dont just explode, true a scratch or hard object weakend the tube and then it imploded. Or someone threw something at it; bumped it with something very hard etc.
resistance. and also the posibility for a problem,dont use extension cords for any permanant wiring
The procedure in making an extension cord involves wiring an electrical plug on one end of an electrical cable and wiring a socket onto the other end. Some extension cords have a polarized plug and a ground terminal.
This is a really bad idea. These are strict codes for wiring associated with swimming pools because the danger of shock or electrocution are very real. Get a qualified electrician to examine your system before you kill someone.
It is a potential safety problem where an extension cord could be easily damaged since it is out in the open. Also, in the future a new person might replace the extension cable with a smaller gauge wire and cause a potential fire hazard. The Fire Marshall is looking out for your safety. Listen to him or her.
Any computer or a wiring problem ( connectors included ) can cause that problem.Any computer or a wiring problem ( connectors included ) can cause that problem.
The wiring map sensor tells the diagnostic program. If the problem arises and where the problem is located. The wiring map sensor is located below the dashboard.
Try PAINLESSWIRING.COM. They will help you with the wiring if you have any problem.
Yes, you need to purchase an outdoor extension cord. Only the outdoor cord will protect the electric wiring from snow and rain. You can purchase an outdoor extension cord at your local hardware store.
This is not really an answer,but I have a problem with a wiring harness on my 93 caravan also. I have not gotten to the point of solving the problem, but was wondering if you got your problem solved and if you found a diagram and where did you get your wiring harness? Another searcher!!!!
Almost exactly like a regular house.
Dead short in either wiring or wiper motor Disconnect wiring harness to motor and install fuse--if it continue to "blow" problem in wiring to motor -- if it doesn't problem in motor
because you have a problem with an abs sensor ,module, or wiring problem
Try this site. I fixed a wiring problem myself. I took the car to a couple of garages and they couldn't find or fix the problem. http://www.alldatadiy.com
Testing and wiring should be carried out by a qualified , trained technician / engineer so that the electrical devices and wiring are properly done with safety.
it could be a fuse or a wiring problem check the fuses under the dash and under the hood and if all are fine check your wiring check all the fuses under the dash and hood and if there all good it might be wiring problem or the bulb
Could be anything, give me a hint.
lose wiring in the lights nothing to do with a dead battery just lose wiring
It probably is wiring or relay.
the meaning of that word is..... when an electrical wiring has a problem like that...... it kills many people only in a few seconds
Damaged/pinched wiring or loose wiring connection(s).
i had this same problem. it was faulty wiring underneath the battery.
If you mean that the (heavy duty) extension cord has a wire size of #14 or #12 wire in it and that the length is not over 50 feet then you will have no trouble running a refrigerator. Keep in mind that you only use extension cords as a temporary measure and that they are not to be used as replacements for permanent wiring.
Both bulbs are out, wiring problem, switch problem, fuse, relay.
There is probably a wiring problem.
The Grand Prix could have a wiring problem. Check the wires to the back speakers for any loose connections or shorts. If the wiring is on then the stereo probably has an internal problem.