Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2014-08-27 21:56:57

A citizen of the United States or an organization or business can sponsor a person or family to live in the United States. The citizen must prove that he or she can provide financially for the immigrant until employment is secured.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

To sponsor someone you will need to be their employer, and they must have a skill or ability that is not generally available.

Yes, but the US citizen should sponsor his/her spouse's immigration in order for him/her to get a green card.

If you are legally in the US, you file in the state where you live. You do the same thing as a citizen of the US would do.

It depends on whether or not you are here legally. You will not legally be a citizen until you have lived in the US for four years after you have bought a home in the US.

There is nothing illegal for a US citizen to marry a non-citizen. This marriage will entitle the non-citizen to a number of benefits as the US Citizen can sponsor his/her Citizenship. What matters is whether the non-citizen is legally staying in the US.Illegal residence will lead to deportation and rejection of further visa applications of the non- US Citizen.

Assuming you're in the country legally the answer is yes

Marriage is a wonderful event. Yes, if a female US citizen legally marries a non US citizen in the state of Michigan, they are indeed legally married.

The US citizen can sponsor his wife for a green card, not for US citizenship. Since he is currently unemployed, he will need to get a joint sponsor to complete an affidavit of support for his wife.

No, you cannot. The US citizen has to sponsor you to move to the US. After you get your permanent residency (green card) then you have to live 3 to 5 years continuously in the US and then apply for US citizenship.

You can but be aware, that the UK citizen cannot legally change their status while in the US. It depends on where you both want to live. If the US citizen wants to come back to the UK, a marriage visa is needed from the British Embassy in the US. However if the UK citizen wants to live in the US, they will have to go back to the UK and the US citizen will then need to file the I-130. Until it comes through you cannot live in the US, but will have to wait in the UK.

You cannot sponsor someone who is already here illegally. You CAN sponsor them if they go home and apply for entry with a sponsor who will provide a home and/or a job.

If you're a US citizen, then you are. If you're not a US citizen and aren't 100% certain the answer is yes, then the answer is no.

No, your spouse would have to sponsor you for naturalization. Besides, it will take time before the "partner" is allowed to enter the USA.

not legally, only if you get married.

Yes. If their mother or father became a US. citizen then legally if they're under 18 they are a citizen.

get a passport to the us. then once you marry the GF, you are now a us citizen and can legally worl and live in America. XD

Yes you can, as long as you are over 18. The IR-5 visa is for parents of a US citizen. Contact your local US Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) office to find out what paperwork and fees will apply.

A sponsor should be atleast 18 years of age at the time of sponsoring an immigrant. He/she should be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident in order to be a sponsor.

make her atlest two trips to you and save all travling document and ask him to sponsor u

No, its no mandatory. but its just that if your a citizen, you can vote, easier to travel outside the US, and sponsor relatives to come to USA.

Birth in the US territories,Birth abroad to a US citizen parent,Naturalization as a US citizen after legally living in the US for 5 years.

a legal alien cannot vote or sponsor people over to the US and they need to have a permanent residents card in order to work and travel within the US. A natural born citizen is some one who is born in the US and is a American citizen. They can vote, sponsor relatives over, etc.

Are you their lawyer? Why are you asking the question? They did not move "to the us." They moved to a state. If they live in that state long enough, they qualify to file for divorce in that state.

No, the Canadian has to be married to the American in order to live or work in America. Because you have to be married to an American to get a green card in order to do that.