Best Answer

I think that you can because I have a friend a long time ago who did the same thing. He married a girl he fell in love with here in the states, but I have not heard from them forever now and I did not ask how he did it.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2006-04-25 16:47:13
This answer is:
User Avatar

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can an Immigrant who has overstayed his Visa get married to someone he loves What about in the state Of Tennessee we are a young couple who has been together four years and we want to get married?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Can an illegal immigrant who overstayed their waiver visa get married to a U.S. citizen?


Can an immigrant become a US citizen if married?

no,but the us citizen can help the immigrant become legal.

Can you get married to an illegal immigrant from Mexico in Colorado?

no,you can not

Does a immigrant have to be married to become a US citizen?


Is a marriage considered legal if the person wanting to get married is an illegal immigrant?

yes it makes the immigrant a citizen

I am a United States citizen I married a immigrant here in United States in Nov. 2006?

Good for you! Hope it works out and you have many years of happiness together.

If an illegal immigrant overstayed his visa for 4 years and then married a US citizen can he apply for change of status without the risk of being deported?

Marrying a US citizen does not automatically make the other person a citizen. Spouses of US citizens can and do get deported everyday. Send him back home and apply for him while he is not in the U.S.

Do you have to get a divorce in Tennessee if you were married in Tennessee?

No. You can get a divorce in any state.

If your boyfriend and you want to get married and he is not a legal citizen can you still get married?

It is legal in the United States for an illegal immigrant to marry a US citizen. Once the marriage is legal, the illegal immigrant becomes a legal immigrant and can stay in the US for the course of the marriage.

Is there a law that says a us citizen married to an illegal immigrant for a year that the immigrant can then apply for green card?

No he cannot

If you married an immigrant What is your status?

Your status is "married." You are still a citizen of this country. There is no special status.

Does an illegal immigrant married to a citizens US have to go back to his country to get his green card?

does an illegal immigrant married to a citizens us have to go back to his country to get green card

If a us citizen marries an illegal immigrant should they live together?

Yes, it doesn't matter where they came from,or what color they are, if they married & they love one another, they should live together, grow old together, live their life together, forever & ever.

How long do you have to stay married to a illegal immigrant?

Marriage is for life. It is illegal to marry an illegal immigrant to change their immigration status.

Marriage age Tennessee At what age do you can a person get married in Tennessee with and without parent guardian permission.?

In Tennessee you can get married without permission at the age of 18. With parental permission you can get married at 16. Under 16 requires a court order.

Is there a Common law marriages in Texas with a immigrant. Even if you do not claim that you are married but do live together. Then she is filing for welfare assistance at another residence?

Check out the link attached to this answer, below:

How do you get married to an illegal immigrant?

YOU DON'T (or move to the persons country)

If you get married to an illegal immigrant can they apply for citizenship?

yes but you have to do it for your spouse

If you married an immigrant with a temporary visa is your marriage legal?


Can an overstayed visa alien marry a permanent resident and apply for a green card while in US?

You can get married, but from an immigration standpoint, it will not grant you legal status. If you are overstayed, you must leave the country and return LEGALLY in order to appropriately take advantage of the US laws and constitution. You can also apply for a green card, however, it will not be granted because your are not eligible being overstayed with an expired I94. You are an ILLEGAL alien, thus you loose your privileges.

Are there any states where a citizen and an illegal immigrant can get married?

illegals can get married anywhere to whoever they want, is no big deal.As the ability to get married is a State-level jurisdiction, and immigration status is a Federal-level jurisdiction, the two are NOT related.I am not aware of any state that requires a person to be a legal immigrant to be married, though they almost certainly will have to produce some sort of identification document to prove who they are (NOT that they are here legally). For instance, a person who has overstayed their visa is technically an illegal immigrant, yet would still have a passport (from their home country) which could easily be used to fulfill the identification requirement necessary to get a marriage license.However, do note that marriage does not automatically convey any change in immigration status. That is an ENTIRELY different question.

Can an illegal immigrant get documents after marriage with a us citizen?

Yes, an illegal immigrant, in the US can get married to an American citizen and obtain their documents

How do you marry your girlfriend if she has overstayed her tourist visa and is working under another name?

The same way you marry a girlfriend that has not overstayed. Getting married has nothing to do with immigration law. However, any falsification on the marriage license can invalidate the marriage. Being in the country illegally will not change based on marital status. If you really want to get married and have a long relationship, consult an immigration attorney.

Can you get married at the age of 14 in Tennessee with parental consent?

No, you cannot get married in Tennessee at age 14. Even with a court order you have to be at least 16.

Can you marry a illegal immigrant from Bulgaria?

Yes, an illegal immigrant from Bulgaria can get married in the United States. An American can choose to marry whomever they want.

Study guides

Create a Study Guide