Asked in
Citizenship and Marriage
Birth Certificates

Can an immigrant stay in the U.S. if she doesn't have her birth certificate and is pregnant?


User Avatar
Wiki User
June 03, 2006 11:54PM

Hello. I'm not 100% certain about this but I think if the father of your baby is a US Citizen, then this will work in your favour to stay in U.S. But you will need to speak to a immigration lawyer or advisor about this to be certain. * The status (tourist visa, work visa, student visa, etc. or being unlawfully present) of the foreign national is what determines whether or not she is subject to deportation. The pregnancy is irrelevant to the issue unless she is married to a U.S. citizen.