Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims
Transportation Accidents

Can anything come out of being at fault in a minor accident with only little damage to your car and no damage to the other car and no information was asked by the other driver?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2005-09-21 03:02:11
2005-09-21 03:02:11

Probably not. If the other driver doesn't have any damage and didn't take any information from you then you are left with the damage to your car and you can decide to live with that or make a claim on your own insurance policy for that damage, if you have collision coverage. If you damage is minor I would probably not make a claim on your policy.

User Avatar

Related Questions

Not usually, but it can be risky if they took your name and Insurance Info or Driver's License info. Normally, no damage, no problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

In case of an accident with a property damage of $750 or higher, each driver must file a report (SR1) to the:

The Insurer of the at fault driver pays for the accident.

Your insurance information and contact information would suffice.

Tell that driver exactly that. And see what type of arrangement, you can come up with. In most states, your license will be suspended for a year, so if its not your fault, explain to the driver, even with your information it will not tilt the scales in his favor with the insurance company, but surely damage your license.

Contact the authorities in the area the accident occured, surely they will be able to provide assistance.

If the other driver suffered property damage or was injured, he can sue the driver who caused the accident, regardless of the speed of collision.

Most likely yes.. but your rates are going up, and the driver will be cited.

Yes. It is the responsibility of the at-fault party to pay for the damage caused in an accident, regardless of the license or insurance status of the not at-fault party.

It is illegal to leave the scene of an accident without providing full and accurate contact information. If the police are called, you need to wait for them to allow you to leave. Leaving can result in criminal charges. For a minor accident, with no injuries and no damage other than to the cars themselves, you can exchange information and agree with the other driver to file a police report.

How is the driver uninsured? If he had permission from the insured vehicle owner to drive? There are policy exclusion that apply but most generally that person is considered as an insured driver. I will assume (for the purpose of answering your question) by uninsured driver you mean they have no policy of their own. Are you asking if weather conditons contributed to the accident (say wet/slick road) and they slid into another vehicle is the insurance on the car responsible for the damage to the vehicle they slid into? Yes, probably. Insurance stays with the car. If you could provide more detailed information regarding the driver, and facts of loss, I could be of more assistance to you.

Accident is an accident wether you are a good driver or not because it is an accident that why it happens, so if you need a solicitors call EasiGo, they work for you without paying anything to them getting your 100% compensation and hassle free

That depends how costly the accident was. If the other driver is uninsured I doubt anything. But if everything is legit and you go get an estimate and your insurance adjuster will discuss that for you.

Insurance follows the car, not the driver. So as long as the automobile is insured, so is the driver. Just make sure the driver has a valid driver's license.

If you know the information, or as much information as you can get, about the other driver, furnish that to the police and/or your insurance carrier when you file your own report.

If the car is insured and covers other drivers, the damage will be covered to the limits of the policy. If not, they're on their own.

Turn your information into your insurance company anyway. You should be insured for that anyhow. Let them handle that.

The car accident was caused by the drunk driver.

It is always the at-fault party's responsibility to pay for the damage they cause in an accident. Insurance is a transfer of risk from the driver to the insurance company, but if the coverage (collison) does not exist on the car, then the driver will be responsible to pay out of pocket for the damage.

You should contact your insurance company and let them know. Your insurance company should take care of the rest.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.