Best Answer

A creditor can report a car as repo and not correct it unless you call them. If it not their responsibility to make sure your credit report is right, it is yours. If you contact them, they must fix it.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2014-09-18 00:17:35
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can creditor report car as repo 2yrs after BK discharged if reaffirmation was not entered in court although timely payments made for 2yrs after BK and creditor shows zero balance on credit report?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Do you still owe the lender if the court rejected your reaffirmation agreement?

Yes. The reaffirmation agreement allows you to continue to make payments on a secured loan and retain the secured property. The rejection of the agreement simply means the creditor can apply for relief from stay and repossess or foreclose on the property. If you have been making post-filing payments, the creditor may not bother and, in some states, under state law cannot proceed against the property.

Can you repay a relative after bankruptcy even if the indebtedness to them was discharged?

You can voluntarily repay any creditor whose debt was discharged. Do not enter into a payment plan, or make regular payments, or you may reinstate the debt.Bankruptcy only prevents the creditor from taking any action to collect the debt. It does not prevent you from paying.

How do you get a creditor to withdraw late payment reports that occured after you filed BK if the creditor claims they can continue to report this?

If the account with the late payments was discharged in the bankruptcy, that account needs to have all information removed except for the "discharged in bankruptcy" (or similar) statement. Once the account is discharged, continuing to show late payments is like hitting the consumer twice. Send the original creditor copies of the pertinent pages from your bankruptcy papers, copies of your id, ss card and a letter requesting that they change the way the account is being reported to the bureaus. Concurrently, write the bureaus and request the same changes. If you are not successful, you may have to file suit to have the information shown accurately.

What is a reaffirm?

Reaffirmation is an agreement between the creditor and the debtor that the debtor will keep an asset after BK, but the debtor must still pay as required. Example: You file a Chapter 7 and have a mortgage on your house. It is the only thing that is current and up to date in payments. The rest of your debt is unsecured credit cards. You may "reaffirm" your mortgage. This means you would keep the home, and you would still be responsible for paying the loan as per the original agreement and the unsecured debts are discharged. Note: A judge can decline a reaffirmation request if your income does not look as if you can maintain the payment.

Can you make payments to a creditor who froze your bank account?

Payments can be made from out of the frozen accounts simply by authorizing the bank to transfer the money in the frozen account directly to the creditor.

Can child support payments be discharged in bankruptcy?

absolutely NOT!!

Can a creditor repossess property if you are making payments?

no they cannot

Can a lien take your child support?

No. A judgment creditor cannot take possession of child support payments to satisfy a lien.No. A judgment creditor cannot take possession of child support payments to satisfy a lien.No. A judgment creditor cannot take possession of child support payments to satisfy a lien.No. A judgment creditor cannot take possession of child support payments to satisfy a lien.

Can you still erased the cancelled debt after bankruptcy?

You can always pay discharged debts after bankruptcy. The discharge only prohibits collection of the debt by a creditor. To avoid reinstating the debt(s), it is a good idea not to make regular payments.

Is a secured loan expungable in chapter 7 discharge?

The liability on the note itself can be discharged, but the lien on the property remains- in other words, the creditor cant use the courts to collect the debt, but he can take the secured property if you stop making payments.

Can the bank repossess a vehicle even if the payments are current?

Not IF you reaffirmed the loan with the creditor.

If your credit report states your car loan was discharged in bankruptcy but you continued to make voluntary payments with no reaffirmation agreement can the bank give you a negative rating?

Your BK will be on record for several years. If the car loan was on the BK (7), then your obligation is done. You may need a reaffirmation agreement with the bank if you are going to keep and pay off the car. Any lates will show on your account with the bank for the next 12 months, as will the repo notice. The best thing is to pay every obligation on time to help improve your rating.

What is a creditor agreement?

A creditor agreement is a contract between two parties. The agreement outlines the term of payments based on purchases and other things such as mediation.

Can a creditor take money from your checking account?

It depends. If:you have a monthly loan repayment agreement with the creditor wherein the creditor automatically deducts your monthly payments from your savings account oryou have defaulted on your loan payments for more than 2 or 3 months and haven't contacted the creditor reg. the sameThen, the creditor can withdraw money from your account (if there is any cash available) towards your loan repayment. Otherwise the creditor cannot deduct any money from your account without intimating you.

If your truck was included in your bankruptcy but it was not reaffirmed however you continued paying on it but you don't want it anymore can you just take it to your creditor and leave it?

If you quit making payments your creditor will reprocess it, the same thing will happen if you just take back to them yourself. Anyway you do this it will show on your credit report. The best thing would be to try and sell it or get someone to take over the payments. You can call the creditor and tell them you do not want it. As long as it was incldued in your bankruptcy and not reaffirmed they must take it back. It can only be marked on your credit report as discharged through bankruptcy not taken as a repo. I did this with my car. Yes, you can do that. You will have to pay a dime. It wll be listed as backruptcy, not a repo.

Can a car be repossessed AFTER chapter 13 filing in Missouri?

Yes. Only if there was a relief of stay issued for the vehicle or you signed a reaffirmation for the vehicle loan and didn't make the payments.

How can you remove a late fee from your credit report if you are caught up with your payments?

Your creditor and the credit bureau are the only ones that can remove late payments. Try contacting your creditor and see if they will do it under goodwill, they sometimes will. You can also dispute it to the credit bureaus and see if they will remove it that way.

Can a creditor file a civil lawsuit against you?

If the creditor has a valid debt and if you are not able to make payments as they come due, the creditor can and probably will file a civil lawsuit against you. Once a creditor realizes that no amount of persuasion out of court will get him anything on the debt, a civil suit is the only recourse to getting paid.

Can a collection agency report you to the credit bureau if you are making monthly payments on your medical bill?

If the debt was properly assigned by the original creditor, yes. If you are making payments to the Original creditor than ask them to pull it back from there Collection agency, then dispute with the CRA's and when they update it should delete

What can a creditor do if you stop payments on a secured loan that was not reaffirmed?

Repossess or foreclose on the secured property if the agreement is in default.

Can a creditor keep harasing you if you are making payments on time?

can they? yes. Should they? No. Will they?.....probably. Can you sue them for it?.....if you have the money for it, maybe

Can your truck be repossessed if you are using it for income?

Yes, your truck can be repossessed even if you are using it to earn an income, however, you can tell your creditor that you are earning money with your truck, and that if the creditor does not repossess the truck you will use that income to make payments on your loan. Of course, if you are not making payments, and spending all of your income on other things, then the creditor has no motive to let you keep the truck.

Can a timeshare be discharged in ch 7?

A timeshare is an asset, not a debt. It cannot be discharged. If you are in arrears in your timeshare payments, like being in arrears on a mortgage, you would be able to surrender the timeshare and discharge the arrears.

Creditor payments difference from cost of sales?

The creditor total payments will differ from the price of the sale unless you have a 0% interest loan. The interest armoritized in the amount of the total of payments. Some companys have simple interest loans, meaning that the interest is accumulated on a daily basis, rather than being financed for the full term of the loan. When payments are made in a timely manner or earlier, you will save alot on interest charges.

Can a creditor take money you win in a law suit for a injury case?

You owe them money. If you have money, the source of that money does not matter, they creditor can place a lien or garnish payments or get a court order for what is owed.