Can my grandson move out and live with another family we have custody of him now and his parents have passed on?

You haven't provided his age or the details of the "other family". He can make that decision when he reaches eighteen years of age. If he is still a minor the parents in the other family would need to establish legal custody in the court where you obtained custody. You would need to relinquish custody.