Can non-British actors audition for Harry Potter?
In an interview, Rowling explained how it wouldn't be very practical to put an American actor or other foreign actor when the character is British.
Even if she did allow it. It costs a lot of money to fly actors in and keep them living here. It would be cheaper for them to use British actors anyway.
There are no more auditions for the Harry Potter films as filming has been completed.
There have been some exceptions;
- Stanislav Ianevski who played Viktor Krum was born Sofia, Bulgaria but his character came from Bulgaria so that made sense.
- Clemence Poesy who played Fleur Delacour was born in French but once again her character was French.
- Zoe Wanamaker who played Madam Hooch was born in America but had been acting in Britain for a long time and her character was an adult which meant it was likely she would travel for work or move country.
- Christopher Columbus - the director of the first two films - put several of his family members into the films. All of them were American however they did not have speaking roles.
- Rade Serbedzija will play Gregorovitch in Deathly Hallows is from Croatia but once again his character is a foreign wand maker who is never shown in Britain in the films.
Is there really a audition for Harry Potter 6 because you what to audition and if there is would a 13 year old be able to audition and where are they thanks?
Are there any parts you can audition for in Harry Potter 7 for a white browned haired 12 year old girl?
Could you be part Irish and from America but with a southern Americanirish accent to audition for Harry Potter?
He didn't all actors in Harry Potter were picked by the casting director, Fiona Wier. She choose Emma Watson because she thought she was the best. Emma's drama teacher suggested she audition for the role when the casters went around the schools. She auditioned in her school gym and said it was just like a normal drama lesson. When Christopher Columbus and JK Rowling saw her audition tape, they knew she was perfect for the…