Follow the directions from the professional who did the piercing. Like any procedure, it is likely to be preferable to avoid pools, lakes or other bodies of water until it has completely healed. Avoid wearing the jewelry into the pool after that. Find a good way to clean the area once you are finished and before you put the jewelry back in. You can used pre-packaged saline without additives or make your own: Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized (iodine-free) sea salt into one cup (8 oz.) of warm distilled or bottled water.
Answer: It is not a good idea to go into any large body of water, no matter how clean with a piercing (or a tattoo, for that matter) because of how many people/germs go into the water. It just makes it easier for infection, which can cause rejection of the jewelry.
However, if you do go into the water make sure that you clean your piercing thoroughly. But, it's best to avoid it until you're all healed up!
Answer 2: YES! Negatively, so don't do it! That's a cesspool of bacteria that you're talking about, chlorine or no chlorine. And do you think the chlorine itself is good for your piercing? That's right, it's DEFINITELY NOT. Any good piercer tells you not to go swimming or even to take baths (unless you clean the tub REALLY well and then rinse it down REALLY well before filling it with your water to bathe in.
If the chlorine level is correctly maintained this should not be a problem.
At three months the piercing should be healed, at least mostly. That means that swimming in chlorine will not affect it. Still steer clear of lakes and streams.
the higher the temp the quicker the chlorine loss
no it does not
yes, the chlorine will infect the inside of the piercing. Not to mention all of the germs floating around in whatever body of water you are swimming in. although, if you've only had the piercing for 2 weeks, when you take it out, it will instantly heal seeing as you've not given it enough time to heal. so technically, if you take it out and go swimming an hour later or something, it will have healed up, so it'll be like there was never a piercing :/
Chlorine is most commonly used to keep swimming pools clean, but in emergency cases it can be used to sterilize water but it will affect the taste of the water...
Maintaing your swimming pools ph(alkalinity) reduces your cost of chlorine an the amont of heat from the sun during the season may affect the cost. but i don't have a formula for how much it would cost but swimming pool shops in your area could probably give you a rough figure for your pool.
Humm, maybe not the pH but it will eliminate all the chlorine and plug up the filter.
It certainly can. The chemicals (not actually literally "chlorine", but that's a common name for them, and they do often contain chlorine) used to disinfect swimming pools are generally bleaching agents to a greater or lesser extent, and will frequently cause hair to lighten in color. They can also cause damage to the hair itself.
Since this will probably cause confusion, I'm planning on visiting a local piercing parlor within the next couple of days to remove my cartilage piercing (which I've had for over a year) and get my rook done instead (in the same ear) and I'm just wondering if that will traumatize my ear or affect/prolong the healing process for both the new and removed piercing. I know it sounds kinda stupid, but I don't want to take any chances. Thanks!
the chlorine increases the water purity .
I don't know the exact chemical reaction but my wife and I were told by the jewler not to wear our wedding rings in the pool. I took chemistry in college and I'm pretty sure chlorine forms hydrochloric acid in water, so there is a dilute acidic solution in swimming pools. So the reaction involved is between a metal and an acid.
As they are toxic they can kill organisms. Only a small amount is needed to kill microorganisms. This small amount does not affect us humans. They can be used to purify drinking water and swimming pools. Chlorine can also be used as a bleach.
Piercing your belly bottom has nothing to do with having a child and it does not affect the process.
It won’t really affect the look of the piercing at all. But depending on how much weight you lose, it may affect the placement of the piercing itself. Losing and gaining a lot of weight may also cause a navel piercing to migrate and possibly reject.
Not at all:)
I have been swimming everyday for a whole week, and this whole week i could not go to sleep at all. I am betting it is from the chlorene in the swimming pools. i really think too much chlorene to skin contact can cause this. i barely got any sleep this week. So from now on, i do not swim everyday. So yes, chlorene does affect your sleep.
Not at all.
It could possibly tint your hair green. Your hair won't completely turn green, it will just be a little more visible when your standing in direct sunlight. Aside from that, chlorine damadges any hair, whether it was dyed or not. Wet your hair before you go swimming. If your hair is already wet, it will be less likely to absorb the chlorine.
The more the chlorine, the less of seed germination will happen.
Yes, dogs generally cause a higher chlorine demand. It's not a problem if you monitor the chlorine levels.
Yes, a piercing is only a surface alteration and does not affect you digestive system.
Navel piercing effects your growth about as much as cutting your hair does....... No effect at all.
no it has nothing to do with your growth